• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Denti

Smash Master
@ fino - since you asked

Basically, ask one point only the people in Dallas were good because they practiced together until Fort Worth made a scene. People who lived in Fort Worth made the scene because they coudln't or didn't wan't to drive an hour or two to reach a smashfest and could only get practice from tournaments, which were like once every two months. So now that there is a specific thread for Fort Worth, our community has grown and become active. And if that sounds silly let me tell you that everything is bigger in Texas and the Dall Fort Worth metroplex is about as big as the state of kansas, maybe bigger. So my point for all of this is, we're so big we have to have a region within a region >.>

Dnyce

Smash Master
@ fino

Basically, only people in Dallas were good because they practiced together until Fort Worth made a scene. People who lived in Fort Worth made the scene because they coudln't or didn't wan't to drive an hour or two to reach a smashfest and could only get practice from tournaments, which were like once every two months. So now that there is a specific thread for Fort Worth, our community has grown and become active. And if that sounds silly let me tell you that everything is bigger in Texas and the Dall Fort Worth metroplex is about as big as the state of kansas, maybe bigger. So my point for all of this is, we're so big we have to have a region within a region >.>
DFW looks about the same size as KC/lawrence, on a map anyway. Sounds like fun =] Won't be moving til summer though

I'm not sure where in Dallas I'll be at, but where does that put me in relation to everyone else? haha

Denti

Smash Master
You're moving here??? sweet! :D

As for Dallas it all depends where in Dallas tbh. It's kind of depressing you say that though because, Dallas is inactive right now. No one plays there o.0 That means you'll have to travel to Fort Worth to get anything done. We're the ones who hold the carpools and we're about the be the ones who hold the tournaments as soon as infinity gets back with info about this venue.

Dnyce

Smash Master
You're moving here??? sweet! :D
Well, my father got a good job down there, but we won't be moving down until the school term is over. Also, unless I can get a magical senior transfer to UTD with no consequences, I'll be finishing my schooling up at KU.

Imma miss +1 my post count in regional social threads :( lmao

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I figured that it was time to do something different for the community. Rather than just simply coming together and enjoy smash in a casual setting, I figure it was time to put some money on your improved performance.

It will depend on scheduling, obviously, but I am pleased to announce the first DFW Super Smash Bros. Brawl RanBats.

What is a RanBat?

RanBat is short for Ranking Battle. What they are in essance is a series of tournaments where players would earn points to improve one's ranking to earn prize money at the end of the "season". In motorsport, they use a more complex, but similar, system to determine the NASCAR champion every year.

Sounds interesting, but how much will it cost?

Depending on where the venue is finalized(because my house is too small for the job), Venue fee will be anywhere from $5 to $7. Entry fee into the RanBat tournaments itself is to be determined. (Mainly due to how you, the player, wants to get paid. Do you want to have one big pot at the end of the season, or do you want to have smaller pots along the way to a big one? Speak UP!)

What will be the schedule?

Here is the tenative agenda:

June 25th
July 9th & 23rd
August 13th & 27th
September 10th

Note: Schedule will only move for HOBO, but nothing else, so if a tournament falls on any of those days, and you want to go, be warned that you may lose your position in the RanBat standings because you didn't compete.

What are the Rules?

Standard Fort Worth Classic Rules will apply as will be amended April 16th, 2011(Premature about changes, I know.) for all gameplay related areas and stage lists.

Finishes in tournaments will net you a certain amount of points in the overall standings. Here are the points breakdown:

1st = 10 points
2nd = 8 points
3rd = 6 points
4th = 4 points
5th(x2) = 3 points
7th(x2) = 2 points
9th (or below) = 1 point

Earn the most points by the end of the season, and you will win the big pot, regardless of who won the final tournament!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

TODAY is the LAST day to buy your whobo badge/venue fee at a discounted rate of 45$(and a bit lower for groups) so DONT WAIT or else you will need to buy your badge AT the door for 55$(seriously, tell everybody you know). You have had MONTHS to do this so i dont feel sorry for you. Go to the opening post to buy your badge/venue fee!

Dnyce

Smash Master
@ Sanji

I ran a circuit between Ks, Ia and Mo last year, and am currently running one this year as well. If you'd like, I can help you out, or at least give feedback etc. The concept seems similar anyway :) Glad to see some tournaments popping up already right around the time I move

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
It may not happen, though. I'm just thinking out loud, but if enough people speak up, then I can maybe do something about it.

You got to remember that the venue that I have in mind costs over $200 a day to rent out. Maybe if I make arrangements to have the room at an set time, then maybe I can see if it is economically feasible for my short term plans.

However, just because I have said it out loud doesn't mean that it is a sure thing.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It may not happen, though. I'm just thinking out loud, but if enough people speak up, then I can maybe do something about it.

You got to remember that the venue that I have in mind costs over $200 a day to rent out. Maybe if I make arrangements to have the room at an set time, then maybe I can see if it is economically feasible for my short term plans.

However, just because I have said it out loud doesn't mean that it is a sure thing.
Still sounds good on paper though.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Would you have to be at the last event to win the end prize? Not that I would be winning or anything, but I would probably have to miss the last two cause of going back to kansas .-.

Also, what are the "Standard Fort Worth Classic Rules?"

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Basically, current Fort Worth Classic Rules is BBR 3.0. You can actually see what they are, including stage lists, in the Fort Worth Classic Tournament thread in the tournament forums since I am having one April 16th.

The Fort Worth Classic Back Room will address several problems with the ruleset up to and including the stage lists.

EDIT: I forgot your first question, sorry. To answer it, no you do not have to be present to win the big pot.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Nice Kovu. Also, I've been playing cpus to practice stuff like DI, powershielding, spacing, teching, item control etc. The only MU practice I could get is going to players' places. Also I watch and analyze a buttload of sets, including my own. It's helping so far. =)

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
As posted in The Core:

"I'm thinking of officially quitting after WHOBO, hell, in fact, I'm not even going to Anime Matsuri for the tournament, I'm going for the convention."

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Even if he quits competitive smash, he'll still be around to help out. He's my moderator. I didn't make this thread by myself, he's a integral part of the FW thread :D

Denti

Smash Master
I've got a Venue for FT worth tournaments. It's an ice cream store XD I'm the tournament on March the 26th, the weekend after whobo. I'm making the thread now

EDIT

HERE IT IS BABY. COPY AND PASTE

I'm holding my regions first tournament! It's March 26th, the weekend after Whobo. I can house anyone. It's not too far from dallas, where phase was held :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298751

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people (including 10-20 players from the DFW, TX area) at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm sad to say that I will not be able to go to nikefest 3 this weekend. I have stuff that needs to be taken care of asap and later, so you guys won't be seeing much of me for awhile. =( I was so pumped to go to nikefest 3 and see how much I've improved and such, but now I have to put smash on hold. This means I won't be going WHOBO 3 either, but don't count me out for Genesis 2. Somebody good please team with Smoom since we were supposedly teaming for Nikefest 3. You guys do work and I'll still be practicing whenever I can.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
: O what happened buddy?! :((

When will we see you again?? : O

Will you make the Fort Worth Revolution tournament?
Well, I have to take care of a few tickets and start applying for scholarships and enrolling for next semester at UTA. Also, I have to get my car looked at and fixed asap so I can renew my state inspection sticker. And on top of all that are private matters concerning with helping out my girlfriend. Yeah, I got my work cut out for me. As much as I want to attend your tourney, I don't think I can make it. =( I'm hoping I get everything in order by around April, so you can expect to see me then. I will be back stronger than ever; don't expect me to be rusty. ;)

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Denti...what's the plan for tomorrow or sat morning...I don't have any constraints anymore so I can leave and come back whenever.

Denti

Smash Master
I'd like to leave tomorrow at a decent time for once. If you've carpooled with me in the past, it's been a curse of mine to never be able to leave BEFORE 10pm lmfao. Lol, even if I plan to leave at 2-3pm stuff always happens lol. But yeah, I'd like to leave tomorrow around like 4:30-5:00 if possible, I get off class at 3:30. Since alsm isn't coming this time I guess that means I'm going to have to pick people up individually, which might affect the price of gas if I'm picking everyone up. Like if I drive 20 miles this way then 20 miles that way then 20 miles another way, and then drop everyone back off at their house, it'll add up and I'm tight on cash. This is guna be a blastttt

btw, idk about how much gas it will cost to be honest... gas just went up 35 cents in the past 2 days in my area and if I remember right there are 5 of us. if that's the case we'll need to reach somewhere between 15-20$ per person :( most likely 20$... ugh

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Cool...Well I'll be able to drive myself to your place, so you don't have to worry about me...So I guess be at your place around 4 or 5?

Denti

Smash Master
I don't got his address saved lol. So Since I've got class at the NW TCC campus I was thinking about picking everyone up after I'm done with school. Would that be fine yall? I might wait to pick up Jesse until we leave though, since his place is directly along the same way as it is to go to SA.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Sucks that ALSM isn't going, he could have taken him and Red to my place and I could have gone and picked up Batou. I may still go pick up Batou and bring... oh wait. He's at Kovu's. nvm

Top Bottom