• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
^ Yeah, definitely.

Also, we need more smashfests, or get-togethers.

I took a look at the TX PR, and this is where Fort Worth (excluding Dallas) stands:

A- tier

Denti - 1821.803 :olimar:

B- tier

Infinity - 1783.453 :metaknight:/:diddy:

D- tier

ALSM - 1620.513 :toonlink:/:link2:

E- tier

Neon - 1610.033 :dk2:

F- tier

Zane - 1592.889 :link2:

FHero - 1578.638 :metaknight:/:fox: (Inactive)

The Winged - 1573.568 :wario: (Inactive)

Chic - 1573.034 :luigi2: (Inactive)

Red Shadow - 1571.577 :wario:

Serious Cat - 1565.889 :mario2:/:rob:/:snake:/:zelda:/:dedede: (Inactive)

NeoBatou - 1537.397 :falcon:/:rob:

Kovu - 1536.586 :snake: (Inactive)

Problemo - 1535.619 :metaknight:

The major gap in rankings is ugh with the majority of players being in F-tier. The point I wanna make is, I know we're better than this. One goal in mind I think would be is to get all of our active players out of F-tier. I'm willing to help get anyone better (I need help too). I know we don't have many smashfests, and but seeing as some of us live relatively close to each other, it's possible to meet up more often for practice/fun. Seeing as we don't have our sister city Dallas active to help us improve, we gotta help each other more.

Hopefully, Ft. Worth can continue to host more tourneys (Big shoutout to Denti for making travel for Ft. Worth possible; I hope to resume my carpool as soon as I can get it travel-ready :)). This in turn will help players progress in the PR (the more active you are, the more points possible you can receive). I look at cities such as Houston or San Antonio, and look at the PR as a whole, and it's no wonder why the higher rankings consists of them; Dallas by itself is up there as well, with a lot of them retired. When I think about it, we're almost always the ones traveling to other cities; we need a home court/playing field for once. I'm glad that TOs like Denti and Sanji are making an effort host tourneys here. Thanks ya'll. :)

Let's step it up, guys. Denti and Infi~ are so lonely in their respective rankings.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It's just a list to me.

At first I looked at it and I was disappointed yet not surprised.....but again..just a list for me.

It doesn't even reflect the good things about people....except for singles.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
As you can see, a lot of F-tier is inactive. The only ones really active are Batou, R.Shadow, and me. But even then, Batou never enters singles, so that leaves R.Shadow and me who really really need to step it up.

(Also, lol @ seeing MK at the bottom of a list)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
i was in e-tier for like, a month, and then Zac put me back in f-tier for no apparent reason

**** this pr
That sucks Redshadow, sorry to hear that happened.

Eh, singles didn't appeal to me that much...after a lot of controversy and such....I really hate it when I have to sit here, and watch some people camp their *** off to win by time. I seriously do not like that. It happened to me at HOBO24 I entered singles , and it bothers me still to this day.

I f****** hate Toon Link players who do that on purpose....not saying that it's not a legit way to win, but do you really need to camp Captain Falcon to win? You have plenty more options than I do. I understand if it's against a better player/character but a Captain Falcon? I guess he was scared...

After that first loss, I was timed out AGAIN by a metaknight player....after HOBO24 I hated going into singles and I didn't want to stop playing Captain Falcon or use a CP like most people do...but over time i've gotten over it and started CP'ing just so I can come back and smash that ******** TL/MK players who camp on purpose. I"m coming for you HOBO31.

It took me a while but I'm setting my pride aside to play more in singles...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
@Red Shadow: He corrected an error. Your E-tier placing was from someone typing your name into the tio incorrectly. I told you that you were listed twice on the PR. If it makes you feel better, the recent placing you had should help.

@Batou: sounds good. Man with an agenda ready to play for real! Just don't let your own tension ruin you. Relax in mood, but play with intensity!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
@Red Shadow: He corrected an error. Your E-tier placing was from someone typing your name into the tio incorrectly. I told you that you were listed twice on the PR. If it makes you feel better, the recent placing you had should help.

@Batou: sounds good. Man with an agenda ready to play for real! Just don't let your own tension ruin you. Relax in mood, but play with intensity!
I"m gonna play like I have been.
Back then I didn't have the patience to deal with camp...but
my game has drastically changed for the better. So I'm wanting him to come up and try it again, I have a knee ready for each of them.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The way I see it is if you care enough to do well in tourney and improve, then the pr list should have some value, though it's not the ultimate reflection of skill. The purpose of the pr is to promote competition, and so far, I believe it's doing its job. This pr clearly rewards effort. After all, TX tourney seedings are based off this pr. So the more effort, the more possible wins, therefore leading to a higher ranking, meaning a better seed in tournament, increasing your chances at placing higher in tournaments and getting more wins in the process to increase your ranking. Also, hate on Toon Link? I'm amused. Srsly.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I"m gonna play like I have been.
Back then I didn't have the patience to deal with camp...but
my game has drastically changed for the better. So I'm wanting him to come up and try it again, I have a knee ready for each of them.
sorry, I was projecting my problems in tourney onto you as if you have the same ones lol.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Well, my car finally works so If the tourney scene is still alive when I can drive, we'll have some good carpools.

I'd like to be more active, but due to getting sick before events, less than willing parents, and previously no car, out of city Tourneys are hard to come by.

I'd like to think I did well saturday, due even to being eight months rusty, placing 13th.
My best ranking thus far, taking a game off DPhat (admitedly at my counter and his Falcon) and despite getting heavily gayed on by a robot.

I dunno guys, its fun, but my best efforts were all that even got me to revolution. Mind you I'm far from quitting, but I herd sum srs saltiness behind the scenes back there. Maybe you guys reevaluate why you guys are pals? Nothing personal right?

Top Bottom