• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

D

Deleted member

Xeven, I'll practice with you. We would probably be on the same levels for brawl.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Some cool Nintendo announcements I guess:

- Playable 3d Mario for Wii u at E3
- Playable Mario Kart Wii u at E3
- Some snapshots of the new Super Smash Bros (3ds and wii u) available at E3.
- Wind Waker HD remake for Wii u
- Virtual Console for Wii U (features just NES and SNES for now)
- Virtual console for Wii u will eventually support GBA.
- Pikmin3 implied to come out this spring.
- Speeding up the load times of Wii U's OS.
- New Zelda in the works. Emphasizing breaking bad Zelda trends such as increasing linearity. Possibly introducing multiplayer. An apology for Skyward Sword failing to break these very trends.
- Shin megami tensai X fire emblem game for Wii U.
- mysterious game "X". Looks like monster hunter, but hilariously, you can also ride around in Gundom looking mechs.
- Wonderful 101 set to be released this spring. Looks like pikmin meets viewtaful joe.

:phone:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Some cool Nintendo announcements I guess:

- Playable 3d Mario for Wii u at E3
- Playable Mario Kart Wii u at E3
- Some snapshots of the new Super Smash Bros (3ds and wii u) available at E3.
- Wind Waker HD remake for Wii u
- Virtual Console for Wii U (features just NES and SNES for now)
- Virtual console for Wii u will eventually support GBA.
- Pikmin3 implied to come out this spring.
- Speeding up the load times of Wii U's OS.
- New Zelda in the works. Emphasizing breaking bad Zelda trends such as increasing linearity. Possibly introducing multiplayer. An apology for Skyward Sword failing to break these very trends.
- Shin megami tensai X fire emblem game for Wii U.
- mysterious game "X". Looks like monster hunter, but hilariously, you can also ride around in Gundom looking mechs.
- Wonderful 101 set to be released this spring. Looks like pikmin meets viewtaful joe.

Cool.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFP2c2FD60E horrible song while you read *
*listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFP2c2FD60E horrible song while you read *

Bootylicious… meet the 420lb mother of four with the widest hips in the world who measures a staggering 8ft in circumference

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aggering-8ft-circumference.html#ixzz2IvEMRUoY

READ THE STORY^ its funny as hell and there are awesome pics

[collapse=But if you dont wanna read....click here]

[/collapse]

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Post it in the Tyler thread too ya poopface :(

Xeven I'm going to invite you to a Tyler event on FB
Bring more DFW to it

It's a... FG fest and the East Texas FGC likes brawl :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ladies and gents, the legendary Xyro requires your help about music/AAC/Dallas/Hotels and other things.

Ok so on new Years i found this super hot mexico girl searching for a legendary zair, right? And since i have the longest/most famous Zair in the game i figured "hey what the heck, ill ask this illegal out on a date!" Well, one date lead to another and another and now we are a couple, a thing, a relationship kind of thing. During the ongoing process of figuring out when i can Missile Cancel her, she mentioned she likes Maroon 5. I did a quick Google search (suck it, Bing) and found out Maroon 5/Owl City/Neon Tree is going to DALLAS to do a concert on March 21st 2013 at the American Airlines Center (AAC). This is where you Dallas dudes come in.....

1. If a concert starts at 7:30pm and is featuring 3 bands, how long will the whole ordeal last?

2. I am in section 318 at the AAC, is that a good section for a music concert (the pic is literally taken from the section ill be in)? Im mean, if it was sports or something i guess it would suck cause you would want to SEE what was going on but since this is a concert all u care about is MUSIC, right? Me and Stephanie have never been to a concert before so we have no clue what is considered "good" seats.

3. When should i arrive at the event? Again, the concert starts at 7:30pm on a Thursday. When does "rush hour" start/end in Dallas and how early do i need to be/how should i plan the drive from Houston?

4. I assume that no matter how late the concert lasts, ill need to stay at a hotel for that night. I really dont wanna drive home after the event get home at 5am the next morning lmao. Whats a close/cheap (but not trashy) hotel we can stay at? Any recommendations?

5. Now about the music. This concert consists of:
Maroon 5 (i sorta like/she LOVES), OwlCity (i only like 2 of their songs) and Neon tree (WTF is this ****?). I like 1 out of 3 bands and even then i can only handle so much of the one band i like. I hope this goes by fast.

6. What are the chances of me F-tilting her after the concert? 1 to 10. 1=NOT HAPPENING, LOW TIER SCUM! 10=F-TILT ALL NIGHT, AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAH!

Here is a gif for your troubles.

Tesh

Smash Hero
"You can't ftilt her bro" comes to mind...

I mean...thats not even a good Samus move...

Denti

Smash Master
If I held like a 1 to 2 dollar Brawl tournament this weekend would people be down to play? I'm going crazy with this lack of tournaments. I've never gone this long without one. lol.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
The concert should go after midnight
Its really no big deal unless u dont listen to loud music
Parkings probly the hardest part
Also they usually start a big after they say they do
U can jut leave after maroon 5 or whatever, opening act is usually over quick but the other bands set might take awhile

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and gents, the legendary Xyro requires your help about music/AAC/Dallas/Hotels and other things.

Ok so on new Years i found this super hot mexico girl searching for a legendary zair, right? And since i have the longest/most famous Zair in the game i figured "hey what the heck, ill ask this illegal out on a date!" Well, one date lead to another and another and now we are a couple, a thing, a relationship kind of thing. During the ongoing process of figuring out when i can Missile Cancel her, she mentioned she likes Maroon 5. I did a quick Google search (suck it, Bing) and found out Maroon 5/Owl City/Neon Tree is going to DALLAS to do a concert on March 21st 2013 at the American Airlines Center (AAC). This is where you Dallas dudes come in.....

1. If a concert starts at 7:30pm and is featuring 3 bands, how long will the whole ordeal last?

2. I am in section 318 at the AAC, is that a good section for a music concert (the pic is literally taken from the section ill be in)? Im mean, if it was sports or something i guess it would suck cause you would want to SEE what was going on but since this is a concert all u care about is MUSIC, right? Me and Stephanie have never been to a concert before so we have no clue what is considered "good" seats.

3. When should i arrive at the event? Again, the concert starts at 7:30pm on a Thursday. When does "rush hour" start/end in Dallas and how early do i need to be/how should i plan the drive from Houston?

4. I assume that no matter how late the concert lasts, ill need to stay at a hotel for that night. I really dont wanna drive home after the event get home at 5am the next morning lmao. Whats a close/cheap (but not trashy) hotel we can stay at? Any recommendations?

Maroon 5 (i sorta like/she LOVES), OwlCity (i only like 2 of their songs) and Neon tree (WTF is this ****?). I like 1 out of 3 bands and even then i can only handle so much of the one band i like. I hope this goes by fast.

6. What are the chances of me F-tilting her after the concert? 1 to 10. 1=NOT HAPPENING, LOW TIER SCUM! 10=F-TILT ALL NIGHT, AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAH!
1. I assume that the previous response is right as I personally never been to a concert.

2. If you only care about the music, then yes, they are good seats. Odds are good that the big scoreboard will be out of your way come the big day and a bigger monitor will be put up so that you can see the concert without interference.

3 and 4. I would drive up the night before and stay here.(This is the same Venue that I held the 2011 FWC) This way, you can drive to downtown Fort Worth and catch a train that will put you right at the front door of the AAC. If you are worried about coming back, there is a "Special Events" train that will head from the AAC back to Downtown Fort Worth. That particular train will leave the AAC 20 minutes AFTER the show is over. Tickets for that train are $10 each, but they are good for the day that you bought them. If you want more information, feel free to call my cell, 817-726-0822.

5. I have a saying, "You will do anything for the girl you love." It is self explanatory.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

Here is a gif for your troubles.
1. Probably near or past midnight.

2. Idk

3. Arrive 30 minutes earlier (7pm). Rush hour traffic starts like at around 4-5pm, so start leaving at like, 1:30pm imo.

4. Hmm... Idk really about this one, but Holiday Inn comes to mind (I don't know how much it costs btw)

5. I like all three of those bands, especially Maroon 5. Just enjoy being with your date.

6. If things go right, 6 out of 10. Maybe 7 out of 10. If things don't go right, 1 out of 10; but hey, you may be just be that "one" out of ten. :)

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom