• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't understand too dumb, besides like old Ike.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Really, I'm just :salt:-y about both my mains in 2.1 being nerfed or completely changed. Sonic needed to be reworked, and I completely agreed with that, however frustrating it is to relearn a character, but Link... omg Link. A character that has never been good in any Smash Bros game just gets a big *** nerf. They put back on the stupid physics oddity that his hookshot doesn't grab people who are considered airborne. A terrible decision considering you can jump out of shield LOL AND Link just gives the opponent the largest punish they can dish each time he misses. Also, his boomerang now hits opponents up and away, so once a player learns to DI away, it never combos at a meaningful percent.

But let's stack up the situation, most of the other local players received huge buffs for their favorite characters. R.O.B., Pit, Snake, Wario, and Ness all received buffs from the transition from 2.1 to 2.5. Some of the characters needed some improvements, but I didn't imagine the effect to be so large on the outcome of my matches. I no longer can contend with Rob, and I barely can keep up with Xeven and Disqo.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Really, I'm just :salt:-y about both my mains in 2.1 being nerfed or completely changed. Sonic needed to be reworked, and I completely agreed with that, however frustrating it is to relearn a character, but Link... omg Link. A character that has never been good in any Smash Bros game just gets a big *** nerf. They put back on the stupid physics oddity that his hookshot doesn't grab people who are considered airborne. A terrible decision considering you can jump out of shield LOL AND Link just gives the opponent the largest punish they can dish each time he misses. Also, his boomerang now hits opponents up and away, so once a player learns to DI away, it never combos at a meaningful percent.

But let's stack up the situation, most of the other local players received huge buffs for their favorite characters. R.O.B., Pit, Snake, Wario, and Ness all received buffs from the transition from 2.1 to 2.5. Some of the characters needed some improvements, but I didn't imagine the effect to be so large on the outcome of my matches. I no longer can contend with Rob, and I barely can keep up with Xeven and Disqo.
Sheik has remained unchanged though. How's Diddy Kong? Lol, I haven't even downloaded 2.5 seeing as I haven't been playing. Someone should play either Skullgirls or Playstation All-Stars with me. :D Or Brawl of course. :)

Oracle

Smash Master
Jesse's two mains got changed in pm significantly (one of them for the worse), so he has to re-learn sonic, which is kind of tough to do on the fly, especially against someone who has a ton of experience vs. 2.5 sonic. Also he couldn't just go back to his melee secondaries because ROB gives them a really hard time, and on top of that, almost all of the other dfw players' mains got buffed (mine included). Not really the pmbr personally trying to screw him, just an unfortunate situation that needed to happen for good game balance.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Diddy is pretty darn good, to be fair. Yeah, it is very unfortunate that Dentis and Problemos mains were nerfed from 2.1 to 2.5, but it was for the game balance..

But, yo. ZSS is SO fun in 2.5, holy crap!

Denti

Smash Master
Anyone holding a fest anytime soon? Been itching to play and after watching apex I think I got one or two tournaments in me.

:phone:
Smashfest idk. Ask Infinity.

Our next Brawl tournament local is feb 9th. Dont expect out of region attendance because it is a 5$ tournament.

We have a circuit starting with the revived Hobo in Houston. Xyro will be hosting obviously. It starts in less than 2 months. Its going to be big.

And MK has been legal for a while in Texas. Its not an issue tbh. Everybody practically uses apex ruleset anyways.

D

Deleted member

I find people who think that metaknight broken... well... they're just not right. I'm sorry that he has perfect matchups, but complaining doesn't make it better.
LET THE METAKNIGHT IN YOU SHINE. BECOME THE METAKNIGHT!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Smashfest idk. Ask Infinity.

Our next Brawl tournament local is feb 9th. Dont expect out of region attendance because it is a 5$ tournament.

We have a circuit starting with the revived Hobo in Houston. Xyro will be hosting obviously. It starts in less than 2 months. Its going to be big.

And MK has been legal for a while in Texas. Its not an issue tbh. Everybody practically uses apex ruleset anyways.

i personally dont think outrageous entry fees help increase attendance. people like razer/trela/gnes might have cared since they would definitely win, but dont expect any of the nearest cities to send people just because you throw money at the top spots these days

Denti

Smash Master
i personally dont think outrageous entry fees help increase attendance. people like razer/trela/gnes might have cared since they would definitely win, but dont expect any of the nearest cities to send people just because you throw money at the top spots these days
You are right about everything except even if they cared they'd lose to my oli.

<3

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in coming back to the community soon. I've missed this game and the competitiveness of it. Can't wait to see Olimar dominate this game like he always should have.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
We haven't established hard dates at the moment, everything still in the works

Tentatively my event will be March 2 or 3 depending on if people will go to a sunday event and also if I can get venues on certain days

the championship will probably be June 16 barring Genesis 3 conflicts

Denti

Smash Master
i dont see a date in that thread..
We're going to work together to not have any conflicts with dates and our tournaments.

I'm interested in coming back to the community soon. I've missed this game and the competitiveness of it. Can't wait to see Olimar dominate this game like he always should have.
Yes, yes, and more YES!!! Miss you dude :)

Top Bottom