• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
You can double and triple post in these forums cause it doesn't add to your post count.
The problems from people on forums seeing post counts as some sort of prestige so they'd post one sentence over 5 posts which is annoying as f so now infractions double posts is normal in most forums.
But social forums at SWF get around that~

:phone:

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys,
So I'm hosting a tournament at UTA in March (After Spring Break). Most proceeds will go to an organization I helped start on campus "Needy Children No More." I wanted to know if anyone might be interested and I need help picking out which games should be there, I can give free entry to anyone who volunteers to help out/lends me games/ increases attendance. The event is called "Gaming for the Greater Good," here's a list of games I'm currently considering:
Brawl/Melee/64
UMVC3
Halo4
Cod Black Ops2
Mortal Kombat
Playstation All Stars
UFC
Skullgirls
FiFa
Madden
NBA
Any other suggestions are welcome.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hi guys,
So I'm hosting a tournament at UTA in March (After Spring Break). Most proceeds will go to an organization I helped start on campus "Needy Children No More." I wanted to know if anyone might be interested and I need help picking out which games should be there, I can give free entry to anyone who volunteers to help out/lends me games/ increases attendance. The event is called "Gaming for the Greater Good," here's a list of games I'm currently considering:
Brawl/Melee/64
UMVC3
Halo4
Cod Black Ops2
Mortal Kombat
Playstation All Stars
UFC
Skullgirls
FiFa
Madden
NBA
Brawl, Skullgirls, Playstation AllStars, and Mortal Kombat 9.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
He stole his parents' souls.

Swaka - That's very likely, but it'll be a funsies tournament rather than a serious one.
Then I mastered them and gave them back.

Also, does winner get candy?

Edit: QUADRUPLE POST! Level up!

Also, ideas for my cosplay for A-kon:

Wesker

Evil Cole (Reaper costume)

Evil Cole MacGrath

Pigsaw with Billy Doll on a Tricycle (should save this for like, a Halloween party lol)

Or of course Link/Dark Link

Oracle

Smash Master
The tourney ar infinitys can be a 'teach rob brawl' tournament. Speaking of akon, how many of you guys are pkanning on going? Ive never actually been

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Hi guys,
Brawl/Melee/64
UMVC3
Halo4
Cod Black Ops2
Mortal Kombat
Playstation All Stars
UFC
Skullgirls
FiFa
Madden
NBA
March is when the first Lone Star Circuit event will be, so you may struggle for brawl attendance :/ plus the LSC TO's are trying to keep other tourneys from being hosted during the LSC because we want as much hype for it as possible to help rebirth tx lol. Good luck though! I liked the FB page~

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Skullgirls, Playstation AllStars, and Mortal Kombat 9.

Great Suggestions, I want to do more than just Fighting games to appeal to a variety of gamers on campus. It's more about raising money for the organization than anything else.

March is when the first Lone Star Circuit event will be, so you may struggle for brawl attendance :/ plus the LSC TO's are trying to keep other tourneys from being hosted during the LSC because we want as much hype for it as possible to help rebirth tx lol. Good luck though! I liked the FB page~

Brawl Attendance is actually the least of my worries, there are lots of people who play brawl on campus. I'm more worried about gaining attendance from non-students/Other games. But hey if everyone is in Houston guess it's more money for me, should be a fairly free tournament.

@Everyone Else - Happy New Years My n****s

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman

Piss on them. It is ultimately the PLAYERS responsibility to keep their scenes going. A select few TOs can't tell other TOs that they can't run Brawl events during LSC because they want everybody at those select few events. Nor can they tell players that they can't go to other Brawl events because they want to maximize attendance.

This is a little dose of reality for everyone, there are a number of different reasons why people can't hit every event in the circuit. What gives people the right to dictate what they can or can't do just for the sake of the community?

Oracle

Smash Master
You shouldnt need to someone to tell you that if you try to host during a big *** circuit you wont have many entrants

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Piss on them. It is ultimately the PLAYERS responsibility to keep their scenes going. A select few TOs can't tell other TOs that they can't run Brawl events during LSC because they want everybody at those select few events. Nor can they tell players that they can't go to other Brawl events because they want to maximize attendance.

This is a little dose of reality for everyone, there are a number of different reasons why people can't hit every event in the circuit. What gives people the right to dictate what they can or can't do just for the sake of the community?
That's not what's happening though >.>

We have no authority so that's not what we're saying. It's just "we want these events to be hype for old Texas players and OoS players to come and help revive the scene!"

Sync and ALSM were the only other TO's recently but they both quit, so every TO was in the discussion of the LSC. We didn't think about your tourney cause its not a regular tourney and you aren't a consistent TO plus you didn't have a real date set up or a venue called.

The LSC already has several people interested who have quit before (ALSM Fogo and Xyro all plan to attend the events and play again, to name a few.)

Plus yeah, the events already set in stone. So anyone's ALLOWED to host during the LSC, because we can't say y'all can't. We can say we'd rather you not for our sake and yours, because right now most people's priority is the LSC, so any event in that time slot would REALLY struggle for attendance.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The LSC is basically just a pact between all involved TO. Kbot is not an involved TO, and no one is going to hate him for hosting a tournament even on the same DAY as an LSC event if he wants to. It would be nice to have full collaboration to make all events a success, but convenience is a big issue as well and quite frankly I don't find tournaments to be expensive you plan ahead.

Kbot should just take it as a warning, that alot of people might have trouble attending if its during the circuit because some people dont want to spend that kind of money twice in a month.

LSC is half a year and obviously we dont just want 6 tournaments in 6 months.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

That's not what's happening though >.>

We have no authority so that's not what we're saying. It's just "we want these events to be hype for old Texas players and OoS players to come and help revive the scene!"

Sync and ALSM were the only other TO's recently but they both quit, so every TO was in the discussion of the LSC. We didn't think about your tourney cause its not a regular tourney and you aren't a consistent TO plus you didn't have a real date set up or a venue called.

The LSC already has several people interested who have quit before (ALSM Fogo and Xyro all plan to attend the events and play again, to name a few.)

Plus yeah, the events already set in stone. So anyone's ALLOWED to host during the LSC, because we can't say y'all can't. We can say we'd rather you not for our sake and yours, because right now most people's priority is the LSC, so any event in that time slot would REALLY struggle for attendance.

The LSC is basically just a pact between all involved TO. Kbot is not an involved TO, and no one is going to hate him for hosting a tournament even on the same DAY as an LSC event if he wants to. It would be nice to have full collaboration to make all events a success, but convenience is a big issue as well and quite frankly I don't find tournaments to be expensive you plan ahead.

Kbot should just take it as a warning, that alot of people might have trouble attending if its during the circuit because some people dont want to spend that kind of money twice in a month.

LSC is half a year and obviously we dont just want 6 tournaments in 6 months.
What other TOs need to understand is that NO ONE can stop you from running event. The TOs in the LSC are not trying to do that. What we are doing is RECOMMENDING that the TOs involved (as well as the TOs not involved) not host anything bigger than smashfests during the circuit season.

The reason for this is because it builds hype for the circuit events (this is fact, ive seen in work in melee/brawl) and which makes the circuit events bigger which makes more circuit fee (aka pot bonus) build up which means more OOS/OOC players will enter the final event which makes the over hype level for smash grow in our state. THAT is the purpose of this circuit. To get this state back into the shap it was in 1.5 years ago.

If you guys dont wanna do what we recommend then by all means don't. But be aware that you are aiding in the destruction of our state as well as your attendance. I would assume you would want to work with us and promote healthy smash growth and if that is the case then please aid us in our circuit quest.

Top Bottom