• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If they DI away from the U-smash you won't get thunder.

If they DI up from the nair they won't die.

If they don't DI the U-smash there is a TINY chance of getting hit by thunder

If they don't DI the nair they are fine.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I agree, but it is something that you can get if you T-jolt him above 30% or something.

Roller

Smash Legend
smh, that was my only point. I just added the possibly kill him thing as an aside because it has happened. Don't tell me you've never ever killed a character we can cg to 100+ with a Usmash to thunder before.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Am I missing something? Since when is a 100%+ combo> a 0-death?
The 100+ combo is really easy. You can learn the timing in a few days at most. The 0-death is balls hard. Like the super wavedash in melee.

In a tournament setting you really want consistency. You grab him at 0%, you have two choices:
A) CG for a near-guaranteed 100+%
B) Get to about 40% and take a long shot at getting a kill right there.

If you choose option A you also can finish with a fresh nair, which sends falco off-stage, which he doesn't particularly like.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
SWD is hard as **** guys....1 frame PERFECT timing...stfu lol. You guys don't play Melee samus, YOU WOULDN'T KNOW!

But yeah, this is easy. Go to training mode son. You got this.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
my lil bro and melee technical impaired friend even got SWD down ROFL

maybe the idea of buffering is still strange to me tho.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I can SWD Constantly, it's not that hard, one frame window means nothing if the input is easy.

Captain L

Smash Champion
stick with the running one for now, it has less inputs so unless this one is dramatically more effective it's probably not worth it.

Although one thing I'd be interested to see is if buffered turn around utilt is an effective setup for footstool shenanigans, or if it's even a true combo.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The new reverse uair is much easier for me. It seems easier since you can quarter circle the back-down thing, and then from down going to up is easy, as opposed to doing dash forward, return stick to neutral, then go slightly up. I wanna make my video but I want to have somebody with me so that people know I'm doing it legit...**** my brother for not being home :(

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Using the c-stick always makes you upsmash. :/

It helps if you have back already held before the buffer frames so you don't waste frames pressing back. So immediately after you dthrow hold back then wait for the buffer frames to do crouch>uair.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
You can use the C-stick if you set it to "attack" rather than "smash" (I think it's the only way I've gotten the dash uair successfully), but I doubt the benefit of this is worth what you lose.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace

Yikarur

Smash Master
with tilt sticking you can't SDI with the Stick, you can't buffer smashes with ease (except for upsmash).
I can't image there is everyone that dsmashes with the stick, look at that MK Tutorial Vids!

I think the first point is the most important one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tilt sticking SUCKS HARD WITH PIKACHU! YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING BUT A JUMP -_-

..... But its epic with Ike :> Hello mobile nairs

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Uhh, you can do mobile nairs with the A button too.
There is a significant difference with how mobile Ike can be with the a button and tilt stick. I don't have to stop holding a direction to nair now. His acceleration is slow ._.; so every frame in movement counts

Unless you mean i can nair with the smash stick?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Be faster at hitting the A button after letting go of the control stick, and the difference won't be that big. =P

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Dunno, Brawl is just weird.

If you try to do turn-around > jump > uair, you will just get jump > uair.

Top Bottom