• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because down is the only direction that does something else. If you pressed forward you would move forward, up either does nothing or doesn't work (buffering a turn around jump doesn't work) and holding back...yeah

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
What is really hard is find when start the buffer , btw maybe Kprime can make a "frame by frame" gif on how to do that ? It'll may be very useful if he has enough time .

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The buffer window is the same as the dthrow>buffer grab, but instead of 1 input you're doing 4.

edit: Man, I'm slow today...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
A few tips:

For the dash one, you can input dash and jump slightly earlier than the 10 frames normally alloted to buffer. Don't ask why...

For the turn around, you can hold back and once the buffer window starts (Do the timing in your head like you normally would the grab) you can then input the quarter-circle down and jump uair.

Yikarur

Smash Master
A few tips:

For the dash one, you can input dash and jump slightly earlier than the 10 frames normally alloted to buffer. Don't ask why...
this can't be correct D: perhaps it's just imagination :x

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It is true. I tested it (Not frame by frame though). I know the timing for my CGs, and the timing to dash jump is earlier. I try to grab when I dash jump to see if the buffer window is just bigger than I thought and it doesn't work.

Yikarur

Smash Master
but I tested it frame by frame and there is really no difference D: (it wouldn't make sense at all)

it's perhaps the feeling while input it.
If you smash the controlstick you have a motion in it so theoretically your dash would always happen later than if you press a button.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
It is true. I tested it (Not frame by frame though). I know the timing for my CGs, and the timing to dash jump is earlier. I try to grab when I dash jump to see if the buffer window is just bigger than I thought and it doesn't work.
You could be doing all the CG's slightly later than needed, while doing the other thing asap. Jus' throwing that out there.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
This isn't ****/broken. The thing about this is that you have to go into a QAL and QAL is beaten by SDI'ing to the edge.
Pikachu can stop that by QACing to the side that they're SDing to and Jablocking them from that side, preventing them from closing in to the edge, the physics in this game aren't that hectic that a character getting jablocked can SDI toward the jablocker and go right through them lol, but yea just QAC to jablock them on one side, soon as they SDI to one side QAC to the other side and jablock them, Pika has an infintite and I do believe its that lol

Tagxy

Smash Lord
In my experience if you hold down jab, if they try to SDI through you it carries you with them so they cant get through. Once theyre in jab lock I think theyre more or less stuck if youre able to keep up with which way theyre sdiing.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
They can SDI through you...it has happened to me before.
This. Even with slow jabbing.

They can also sdi away from you far enough so you can't keep up with walk and jab. And jab only jab locks at mid-high percents.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
and if they carry you to the ledge?
You wont fall off iirc. I tested it way long ago. I just say it to bring it up though, reading someones SDI that well is likely impractical. You can probably QA if you think theyre going to SDI too far from the jab but trying to keep up with all that is =[.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
This. Even with slow jabbing.

They can also sdi away from you far enough so you can't keep up with walk and jab. And jab only jab locks at mid-high percents.
LOL Kprime as smart as you are why wouldn't you begin to think to buffer a QAL after they SDI away from you? Just to jab lock again?

QAL, Jab, Jab, QAL, Jab?

Yall lazy =p

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
You wont fall off iirc. I tested it way long ago. I just say it to bring it up though, reading someones SDI that well is likely impractical. You can probably QA if you think theyre going to SDI too far from the jab but trying to keep up with all that is =[.
Mixing it up and not becoming predictable with the QAL to jab pattern should be sufficent enough for nice damage and a easy KO, lol uptilt to thunder preferably for me.

Or a nice fresh Upsmash seeing how all that Jabbing and QA kept ur KO moves fresh.

EDIT: I keep giving us Pikas hope but Esam or Primey just keeps deminishing it for us with there frame data an hullabaloo D=

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW...even if you QA to the other side of them they can still SDI in the same direction to get off the ledge since they can go through you. Also, jab lock is great because you can jab at different times to mess up their SDI :D

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
BTW...even if you QA to the other side of them they can still SDI in the same direction to get off the ledge since they can go through you. Also, jab lock is great because you can jab at different times to mess up their SDI :D
Well can you at least do a video of certain weighted characters SDIing thru Pika during a Jablock? I haven't really tested it and not to sure about that theory of yours. also my Wii stopped reading disc u.u

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Buffering confuses me. So you input all of those commands during the 10 frame window (which is like lightning fast) and it will automatically do all of them once you're out of the 10 frame window? And you wait to footstool until after the uair connects, right?

Captain L

Smash Champion
when I'm doing this, is there any set way that I should QA after the footstool that will make me most likely to hit my opponent, regardless of which way they drift down? Or do I just wait a split second and watch where they fall?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wait a split second first. If they are going down without DI you have to go at 2 angles, like down right down left, or you won't be able to get them with the 2nd QA.

If they go right/left, wait and then go down and then down-whichever direction and it''ll hit them. It even reaches wario.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
how do you quick attack cancel on the ground, i can qac in the air into a jump, but how do you qac on the ground for quick attack locks?
Also how do you footstool? Do you just aim for the top of their head?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Footstooling is just jumping off somebody's head, and you basically aim for their upper body.

You can cancel QA into anything technically. You can nair, dair, fair, bair, or uair, but it won't do anything since you would just land (dair has the landing hitbox). By the same concept, you can cancel QA into another QA, or T-jolt/thunder/skull bash. You don't even have to jump. The normal timing where you would jump, try inputting up-b instead.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
I'm also in atlantic south i'm trying to learn and apply everything Pikachu can do before I go to a tournament. One day I will defeat you, hopefully.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
ESAM I practiced I can't get the timing right for quick attack canceling on the ground is it different than in the air, I havn't even been able to perform two quick attacks in a row on accident.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
I meant qac and the jump quick attacking from the air, and I have trouble quick attacking from the ground going back and then quick attacking again I never get the timing right i cant even time it to qac jump

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Honestly I can't help you, that is your own timing messing up. I don't know what to say but practice.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
For quick attack locks do you quick attacking one way then do a new quick attack or is it 2 ways then a new quick attack

Top Bottom