• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
ESAM told me he's at like 33% success rate right now.
By the end of the week, I'm betting it's at least 66%.

PZ

Smash Lord
no if you use the c-stick you get a jump cancelled upsmash, you have to tilt the stick high enough to not get a nair and low enough to not get an upsmash.
you could try to time the uair perfectly with the c-stick but even then the uair is at least one frame slower then the buffered one.
If you DJ instead of just a FH or SH would you still get a jump-cancelled usmash?

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can't DJ instantly. you have always jump-start-up which gets cancelled by upsmash then.

So: yes

PZ

Smash Lord
Some1 should have a picture of how far ur thumb or finger should be on the control stick for buffered uairs :S :pika:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Depends on the controller.... some are more sensitive than others, so a picture wouldn't really help.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
assume the controller is seven l's long. You need it on the 5th (1-3 are bottom, 4 is middle, 5-7 are up).

PZ

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure the more modern gamecube controllers are more sensitive than the controllers that come with the gamecube.

As for wiimote its kinda harsh but still possible.:c

Nunchuck and classic shouldnt be too much of a problem if you know the controller well.

There is a simple way to use uair after or in the lag of something by just holding up then uair but since this is all buffered that option wont do any good unless u can move ur fingers fast and accurate.

Therefore a old gamecube controller would work best while wiimote would be the worst for the stupid directional pad<.<

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Its so weird...I have like a 66% success when Pika is facing right...but like a 10% when facing left. **** man....so weird.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I always have an easier time doing stuff to the right, lol. I think that's pretty natural if you're right-handed.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You're changing which direction you're moving your fingers.

Not saying it's physically impossible or anything, but most people (from what I've heard) have a slightly easier time doing techniques in one direction over another. Just takes a little extra practice to get over, though.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
One direction involves your thumb pushing the control stick (right) and one involves it pulling the control stick towards the hand (left). I personally think doing stuff facing left is easier and I'm right handed.

Edit: Ninja'd 2x >.>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You're changing which direction you're moving your fingers.

Not saying it's physically impossible or anything, but most people (from what I've heard) have a slightly easier time doing techniques in one direction over another. Just takes a little extra practice to get over, though.
I agree with this, I have an easier time doing ledge hop AD from the left ledge instead of the right. Going right is more natural to me.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
But either way you are doing it with your left hand so why does that matter...
I think it's that when your thumb is resting it doesn't point directly up, so exactly right means you have to extend your thumb a little and exactly left means you have to pull your thumb in a little bit by flexing it which makes it a little less precise imo. I'm a lefty and I still have more trouble doing things on the left side :p.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Please change the title to:
D-throw Buffer Dash Uair

Run is done after the initial dash. Dash is what you're doing the buffered u-air out of.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I almost pulled it off the other day, I just can't seem to get the controls to do what I want them to do. D:

questions:

Should I buffer the dash the same time I would normally buffer a grab(CG's)?

Having major trouble timing the uair>footstool. Help?

I saw my friend attempt a dthrow>utilt>jump into uair>footstool. would utilt be a viable option or can they DI out of it easier than the buffer dash?

Could someone please put more example vids up on the first post, that'd be pretty awesome?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can do the dash jump a little earlier than the normal grab timing...idk why.

I'll have the vid up soon probably...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
So, I was messing around with this yesterday, and I had it nearly perfect.

In 2/3 speed.
But it doesn't seem like too tough a thing to practice. I was actually picking it up fairly nicely. Who knows, if I practice really hard and get the numbers down, I may do it at MLG this weekend.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't get the point of practicing in 2/3 speed. You're gonna have to retrain your fingers all over again when you go to normal speed anyways, so why not practice that way from the beginning?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Well, I'm only practicing in 2/3 to get a feel for it, and to see what it looks like. I just speed up from there once I know I'm doing it right, just doing it slow.

And, yeah, I was doing it on diddy at 40, and had someone practicing with me and it didn't say 2 consecutive, but he couldn't footstool me.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If he doesn't get 2 consecutive they can footstool you. Computers don't jump on frame 1.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I don't get the point of practicing in 2/3 speed. You're gonna have to retrain your fingers all over again when you go to normal speed anyways, so why not practice that way from the beginning?
The ratios for the time inbetween each move stay the same, so you can figure out when to do them by looking at it in 2/3's, then speeding them up to scale.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ah, I see. Just seems like unnecessary work when you can practice at normal speed in the first place. ><

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Jab locks are weird though...the first hit may lock, but then it diminishes and then they don't get locked after 2 or 3...annoying testing...

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
The %s aren't the same with a normal jab lock ? Pretty weird indeed . If it wasn't the case you could have paste it from a thread who already exists D: .

And , I have a question . If I CG a falco until ~50% , then I footstool him , jablock and thunder . Is this a true 0-death combo ?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Just cg Falco to 100+ and usmash. No reason to do something risky when you can get over 100% and possibly kill him, easily.
Or practice a legit 0-death combo.

No Falco player would let you kill them with up smash out of the cg unless it's on a really high platform and DI wouldn't save him. In that case, Falco shouldn't be getting grabbed up there anyways.

**** Pikachu mains want everything to be soooo easy.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Falco should never be dying from a CG. He can literally have no DI and he won't die from either. If he is DIing, look at his controller and pick the appropriate option.

Top Bottom