• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It's impossible to tell if he's doing it frame-perfectly or not.
He was doing it too slow, so I could footstool/attack him out of it.
He got better since he started testing it against another human.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DEHF, stop confusing them.

We don't really need it against Falco, we can just have a happy fun time grab party.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Its not a grab party its a hug party! Larry let us hug you with our adorable t-rex arms.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
We Chris Hanson him over and over again. We push him on the ground "Take a seat" and t hen grab him again "Take a seat." Pikachu is just trying to stop pedophilia.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Why don't you have a seat over there...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Every molestation starts with a hug, whether gentle or forceful.

You don't know much in the field of molestation do you DEHF? Having those *****es swarming you you don't have to. You don't know the fun :D

That was actually pretty creepy...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
thats a real show?
why does that exist?

****, start watching cool **** like code geass, susa knows whats up.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It's getting a bit off-topic here...

A way you can practice this without someone else is to go to training mode and turn on the attack info. If you do the dthrow to uair correctly, it will show a 2 under consecutive hits.

Life

Smash Hero
NickRiddle, you are amazing.

Now go switch to Pika, learn this tech and **** MLG.

@K Prime: thanks for the tip, maybe I'll go back to practicing this...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
because Pikachu doesn't hug Falco, he molests him.
your hugs hurt us! Its only right we can hug you back just as hard and fast!!!1!!1

also falco and pikachu are doing it wrong. Because clearly you need man gloves in order to get the **** done properly

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Every molestation starts with a hug, whether gentle or forceful.

You don't know much in the field of molestation do you DEHF? Having those *****es swarming you you don't have to. You don't know the fun :D

That was actually pretty creepy...

Yikarur

Smash Master
this is ridicolously hard to get down but I hope ESAM you're going to get it down, because it's just awesome (and difficult x__x)

PZ

Smash Lord
Right when pika hits the ground that is the time for the fh/dj/sh footstool/uair<footstool or before his feet hit the ground or like how to do the buffered dthrow cg.

This maybe or will be old/not useful. Idk im just basically finding an excuse to post here lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Guys, I figured something out

The buffer window for dash and jump is strange...we can input it WAY before we can input anything else. That allows us to dash and jump, then readjust our control stick to going slightly up for the uair (so you don't u-smash). It is still difficult...basically what we have to do is

Dash (All the way left/right)
Jump immediately
Return Control stick to neutral
Move control stick slightly up (This is the hardest part since we have limited time)
Press A
WAIT TILL YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING, THEN HOLD BACK so you can connect the footstool

Yikarur

Smash Master
of course you have to input dash and jump first. you have time for the uair from the last 6 frames of animation to the end of the jump start-up (4 frames).
thats pretty good, I hope you're going to get it down soon =)
I personally don't like the stick to neutral part because it's the reason Yoshis perfect chaingrab on Falco is so difficult.
how much is your success rate yet Esam? o:

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
Dash (All the way left/right)
Jump immediately
Return Control stick to neutral
Move control stick slightly up (This is the hardest part since we have limited time)
Press A
WAIT TILL YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING, THEN HOLD BACK so you can connect the footstool
Can't we use the C-Stick for UAir.
Next weekend when I'am at a SF, I will try and get the timing down with another person playing.

Yikarur

Smash Master
no if you use the c-stick you get a jump cancelled upsmash, you have to tilt the stick high enough to not get a nair and low enough to not get an upsmash.
you could try to time the uair perfectly with the c-stick but even then the uair is at least one frame slower then the buffered one.

Top Bottom