• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I can agree with Milos on this. I'm baked at every tournament. I usually get high right outside of the venue as well. You just have to not be stupid, like he said. Unfortunately, the majority of the drug community is full of stupid people. @ Milos...I don't even know how we'd find drugs in California, but if you find some then you know I'm down.

As for a stoner winning this or not winning this...That's debatable. You can't guarantee a ****ed thing. So gtfo. =)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Like I do at all European tourneys, I MM anyone in Melee if they agree with my ruleset:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only play Bowser.
- You can play which character you want.
- 1-2 dollars bet, you decide.
- Best of 5.
- I want 6 people on my MM list. :)

Mango: If you got the balls to use Puff, I'll MM you with 5 dollars, using the rules above(except you can only use Puff, of course).

Looking forward to meet you all, and I hope to play a lot at Genesis.

See ya at Genesis, buddies! :)
Yeah, you guys should all also mm simna's ness on corneria..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok i only read up to chibo's post, but here's what i have to say lol

i've burned at every tourney i've gone to, usually right outside the venue.

you just have to not be stupid, and it's ridiculously easy to get away with.

i wont do this at genesis because (obv) scale of the tournament, location, and such, but i'm just saying, nobody's who's chilled with me at a tourney has been like "ugh stupid stoner, get away". chibo i've hung out with YOU when i was stoned and you didnt even notice, let alone care. :)

edit - CYRAIN ARE WE GONNA BURN
lol i kno uv hung out with me while high, its very obvious. im not saying ur a bad person, but i greatly prefer that people didnt and im still against it. either way, the small tourney of mine you went to had unusually small attendance, and i needed all the people i could get :laugh:

not only that, but i also knew u were high in our tourney set at spoc the next day. unfortunate for you however... it definitely did not improve your skill like most ppl say it does for them.

regardless, whether you do it or not is your own business. talking about it on a public forum however is flat out wrong. especially something like this, i wouldnt be surprised if kids are trying to convince their parents to let them go and the parents read the thread to learn more about it, only to see pages of talk about drugs.

do what you want, but dont do it here on a public forum where there are tons of kids.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol i kno uv hung out with me while high, its very obvious. im not saying ur a bad person, but i greatly prefer that people didnt and im still against it. either way, the small tourney of mine you went to had unusually small attendance, and i needed all the people i could get :laugh:

not only that, but i also knew u were high in our tourney set at spoc the next day. unfortunate for you however... it definitely did not improve your skill like most ppl say it does for them.

regardless, whether you do it or not is your own business. talking about it on a public forum however is flat out wrong. especially something like this, i wouldnt be surprised if kids are trying to convince their parents to let them go and the parents read the thread to learn more about it, only to see pages of talk about drugs.

do what you want, but dont do it here on a public forum where there are tons of kids.
*slow clap*

hes kinda right

Milos

Smash Lord

yo

that's totally legit :)

we need a rematch

and i wasnt high at your tourney, only spoc. lol im not better when im high at all.

Linguini

Smash Master
Honestly I didn't even know people played this game sober.
I know right, haha.

Let's not get worked up kids, you wont be setting your eyes on any drugs at the tourney;I can guarantee you that. Doesn't mean I wont be blazin that cali HAZEEEEEEEE outside venue grounds.

Canada is maddd chill, all their smashers are s!ck to hang with. Cyrain, PB&J's house PT.2?:bluejump:

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Cyrain, PB&J's house PT.2?
Always.
"Dabbling" with FL was hilarious. XiF's a crazy *** dude. Is he coming to Genesis?

(Only if TR doesn't get accused of stealing **** this time, though. lol =P)

@ Chibo...Some people make crazy claims. I don't know that using drugs makes you "better" in general, but it can mellow you out and help you focus on Melee and only Melee...Essentially putting you "in the zone". I also do feel a bit more creative and versatile with Fox when I'm under the influence.

Also, people who say it's easy to tell when people are high are silly. **** is easy to get away with if you know how to handle yourself. Unless you get ****ing baaaaked...At which point it's pretty much impossible to hide, even with clear eyes.

Anyway, that's the end of my drug talks. Yee.

LeePuff

Smash Rookie
Hey I don't see how much the payout for first second and third is... Can someone tell me what the payout for 1st 2nd and 3rd is for brawls singles and doubles?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
And yet people still continue to ask about burning and stuff.

For the love of god... x_x;

LeePuff, a part of me thinks that we won't really need to know how much 2nd or 3rd place is. All I can say?

Big money. XD I'm sure someone will answer the estimated pot for you though.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
yo

that's totally legit :)

we need a rematch

and i wasnt high at your tourney, only spoc. lol im not better when im high at all.
Do you know where i can get the cd thriller? Are they re-releasing it yet?

Hax

Smash Champion
me and milos were gonna hotbox our plane's bathroom, but he can't come :(

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Like I do at all European tourneys, I MM anyone in Melee if they agree with my ruleset:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only play Bowser.
- You can play which character you want.
- 1-2 dollars bet, you decide.
- Best of 5.
- I want 6 people on my MM list. :)

See ya at Genesis, buddies! :)
Put me on the list for $2. I'm obviously using Bowser lol. You're another Bowser I'm gonna see how you fare against the best. Funny how many Bowser players always just wanna play on Yoshi's Story only since thats Bowser's best stage. It also makes it seem like a person's Bowser is good since any person using Bowser on that stage can up-B straight to the ledge without worrying about dieing, move fast because of the platforms, do a whole bunch of crazy stuff, and the cloud & shy guys passing by. The true test of skill comes from playing in the other neutral stages. My partner WarriorKnight is also gonna take this challenge and he'll be using Bowser as well :chuckle:

Me and HMW are affected the most by not having live stream at this tournament. Now we can't provide the world with the best commentation at hand throughout the tournament. Although best believe we're gonna commentate as many recorded matches (especially high profile & godly money matches) as we can. :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Put me on the list for $2. I'm obviously using Bowser lol. You're another Bowser I'm gonna see how you fare against the best. Funny how many Bowser players always just wanna play on Yoshi's Story only since thats Bowser's best stage. It also makes it seem like a person's Bowser is good since any person using Bowser on that stage can up-B straight to the ledge without worrying about dieing, move fast because of the platforms, do a whole bunch of crazy stuff, and the cloud & shy guys passing by. The true test of skill comes from playing in the other neutral stages. My partner WarriorKnight is also gonna take this challenge and he'll be using Bowser as well :chuckle:
You got some really good points there. Bowser is really good on Yoshi's Story, and that's why I use that stage when MMing with Bowser. While I get the Bowser stage, people get the chance to use what character they want, which more or less will balance the whole **** :)
I don't main Bowser, but he's the funniest character to play with imo, so I'm doing MMs with him to get some more serious matches playing Bowser =P

I've heard you got a pretty good Bowser, so I'm looking forward to play you :)

T3h list:
1. Pakman (2$)
2. Divinokage (2$)
3. Kuraudo (1$)
4. DJ Nintendo (2$)
5. WarriorKnight (2$)
6. Linguini (2$)

Backups(People who are not sure to show up, but if they do, I might play them whatsoever):
1. Dark Iori Yagami

EDIT: DJ Nintendo: I can play on neutral stages with Bowser as well. If you're using Bowser too, I see no problem in doing the MMs on random neutral stages =)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Do you know where i can get the cd thriller? Are they re-releasing it yet?
There's a 25th anniversary re-release. I got Michael Jackson's Number 1s (1st on the Billboard Charts at this very moment) for $8.99 the day after he died. If you haven't bought Thriller yet, what are you waiting for? Join the 108 million of us!!!! :laugh:

LLDL

Smash Hero
That would suck, its the only way I would be able to see all this genesis goodness =\ can you guy try to get a live stream up?
There isn't going to be an official one. Because there is no internet at the Genesis venue anymore. If someone has satellite internet and has their own station setup, then sure there can be a live stream for the matches played on that tv. But i seriously doubt they will be important matches, and it would be a waste of a setup if they were important matches, because recording stations are much mroe important that lvie stream. So, basically we're gonna have to wait until the tournament is over to watch the matches :(

sidefx

Smash Champion
That would suck, its the only way I would be able to see all this genesis goodness =\ can you guy try to get a live stream up?
no.. actually its a very ****ty way to see all the genesis goodness..

do you guys really want to watch these amazing match ups on a **** quality laggy live stream that has 1FPS?

just wait for the videos to be put up on line.. like how it used to be done.. and no one complained.. remember those days? yeah i sure do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom