• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Me, Hitsugaya, Lib3r4t3 and MAYBE Daltsy need places to stay

All from BC Canada.

We'd rather just join groups that have room(s) booked already since it'll save everyone money. We don't mind splitting up either.

We'll be arriving Thursday sometime. I can drive some of the people we're staying with to the tourney too since I'll have room in my car.

Does anyone have space for 1-4 smashers?

LLDL

Smash Hero
"Hey parents, can I go to a Smash Brothers tournament in California with some friends?"

"No."

"But it's the bigges-"

"NO."
"Unless its 10,000 dollars you're winning, I'm not sending you all the way to California"

"But it is a $10k pot!, No I'm serious"

"yea....right"

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Me, Hitsugaya, Lib3r4t3 and MAYBE Daltsy need places to stay

All from BC Canada.

We'd rather just join groups that have room(s) booked already since it'll save everyone money. We don't mind splitting up either.

We'll be arriving Thursday sometime. I can drive some of the people we're staying with to the tourney too since I'll have room in my car.

Does anyone have space for 1-4 smashers?
Theres already 5 of us from New mexico in one room but if you cant find anyone else to bunk with just PM me before wednesday and you can crash with us (it'll be cramped but 7 or 8 people would make it really cheap)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
There isn't anyone staying at the microtel Inn, is there? According to some family up in norcal the place is cheaper, nicer, and closer. But I don't want to be staying without any smashers. :(

sidefx

Smash Champion
microtel is literally a block away from it, but i doubt there will be anyone there..

the reason we chose ramada, was cause its an outdoor hotel, which means you can sneak more people into the hotel. with microtel, its a closed hotel, which means youd have to walk passed the front lobby to get in, so its much harder to sneak people in and stuff

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The fact that there isn't any livestream isn't that bad. One of the biggest problems would be choosing which TV would be for the stream with so much high profile action going on. It also helps ppl not be distracted with worrying about playing on it or commentating which will help it run smoother. Not to mention the Twitter idea is amazing, especially for calling matches.

I would suggest that as a precautionary measure you adopt one of my latest rules into your ruleset, Chibo's Video for the Masses Rule

Chibo's Video for the Masses Rule said:
Chibo's Videos For The Masses Rule: By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.

Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
This is just to ensure that no one can john and complain and attempt to not have their matches put online since it's not fair to the players who couldn't make it. I made it and have implemented it at every tournament I've ran (and have gotten some other tourneys to use it as well) since M2k refused to have his matches put online from CoT4.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
good call on the sneaky boback

Thanks Twin-A
We have it settled in a room of 9 + a buddies house of some buddies that are coming up from aussieland but we plan to hop around and spread the love so we might stop by here and there :D

good rules chibo :p

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
There isn't anyone staying at the microtel Inn, is there? According to some family up in norcal the place is cheaper, nicer, and closer. But I don't want to be staying without any smashers. :(
I booked Alabama crew for the Microtel Inn. You won't be alone if that's where you end up staying.

Smith

Smash Ace
Eazy said he's gonna get top 5 at Genesis. I lol'd.

Eazyseph said:
I almost beat the top ranked player in socal today, (went 2-1). By genesis I'll be good enough to beat them I'm sure. Anyone who judges skill off of youtube videos are nubs, all yt videos are my online matches and friendlies except me vs leepuff (powerranked in socal) but even thats just a friendly. I'm for sure not overrated according to fiction and cpu I'm VERY underrated. But anyone who's played me recently or is in A2 knows my skill level, I don't play much so I won't accept many challenges, but I'll upload some matches of me vs iSpamtornado. Since many of you know him as one of the best online players, our matches were intense. As well as me vs samboner. Offline I've beaten power rankers but didn't win the tournament, I lose to tyrant, dsf, dehf, and pretty much any legit d3. But I'm training vs d3 and working on my mk game. By Gen I'll be ready for some action ;D

But truthfully, I'm pretty good, way above average, and no I'm not far from Ally, SOCAL is a much harder region, we have four people close to m2k. But I'm for sure not overrated unless someone says I'm equal to Ally. I only can't beat the very very top pros offline, and I always face the pros early. My tourney placings were like 5/90 13/100 17/250 25/300 iirc. AT GEN IM SHOOTING FOR TOP 5!

A goal is all I need. And I usually achieve my goals ;D

Cuz boy ya shoulda known by now, eazy duz it.
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/super-smash-bros-brawl/128573-im-still-the-best-on-the-7.html

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
im partying ever night im there, fvck that haha.

locals bring that cali bud because im sure as hell going to be tokin that throughout the whole tourney.
GANON PLAYERS ALL SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now main ganon

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Like I do at all European tourneys, I MM anyone in Melee if they agree with my ruleset:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only play Bowser.
- You can play which character you want.
- 1-2 dollars bet, you decide.
- Best of 5.
- I want 6 people on my MM list. :)

Mango: If you got the balls to use Puff, I'll MM you with 5 dollars, using the rules above(except you can only use Puff, of course).

Looking forward to meet you all, and I hope to play a lot at Genesis.

See ya at Genesis, buddies! :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Like I do at all European tourneys, I MM anyone in Melee if they agree with my ruleset:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- Best of 5.

Mango: If you got the balls to use Puff, I'll MM you with 5 dollars, using the rules above(except you can only use Puff, of course).

If I come to this I want first <.< m2 will most likely be my choice

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
- Yoshi's Story only.
- Best of 5.

I'll do one with yoshi.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm curious: would it be possible to stream via a wireless card? You can get some pretty fast internet on that...

Basically has anyone done a test?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
- Yoshi's Story only.
- Best of 5.

I'll show you why it's Ganon Story!!

GANON PLAYERS ALL SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now main ganon
lolz =P Only when I smoke I'm able to technical lol.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
Scheduling Conflict/friday

I just checked the OP and it seems that the schedule has slightly changed for friday the 10th. when i first checked the OP it said friday was dedicated to registration, friendlies, and crewbattles. Now it says it's dedicated to pools and registration. I'm flying in early friday morning, but it's possible i could miss registration and/or pools. Is anyone else???? Is there anyway to avoid this??? (i'm only going for melee if that changes anything)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
My MM ruleset(I MM anyone):
- Yoshi's Story only.
- Best of 5.

T3h list:
1. Pakman
2. Divinokage

Backups(People who are not sure to show up, but if they do, I might play them whatsoever):
1. Dark Iori Yagami

does anyone wanna $1,000 MM? This is Genesis.
What about dividing that amount by 500? :O

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
can't you guys create an AIM chatroom about smoking weed or PM each other or something?
You're talking about California, where weed is as common as cigarettes!

When I went to Super Champ Combo i stopped at a bus station in Fontana waiting for P to pick me up. Leaving the bus i walked up along the train tracks to a stop and there were these 3 kids just smoking weed out of an 18 inch bong on the side of the train tracks at a train stop. I stopped and looked oddly. They asked me to take a hit but I declined because I didn't want to get in trouble out of state. Then the security guard came walking up and one of the guys was like "Oh hey Cliff (or some **** like that)" The security guard said "Hey guys, doing the usual today?" and they shared a laugh. Stunned, I went back and got high. My trip was entirely made from the first hour in California.

Completely true story. Lmao.

Edit:: But mogwai likes the yuengling, so hes legit with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom