• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Almost like Canada actually.. weed here is almost legal so you can just take a stroll and smoke one if you like, no one is gonna get you.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Does it really disturb you?
not really, I just feel like it's inappropriate. I mean, if no one's really bothered by it, carry on I guess...

I just feel like there's a large segment of people who read this thread who are tired of hearing about what type of weed ___ smokes or about how much they'll smoke at this. It also just seems unwise to proclaim your illegal activities on a public forum. And also, if there were to be an important announcement about this, I wouldn't want it buried under 10 posts about blunt MMs... (they're just blunt matches btw, no money involved, instead, it's blunts...)

Edit:: But mogwai likes the yuengling, so hes legit with me.
Pound 3

we should play some 2 v 2 craft again, 2 v 2 is mad fun.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is there going to be any kind of attempt made by the TOs to keep drugs and **** out the venue? I'm not trying to lay down hundreds of dollars to fly across the country to hang out with a bunch of stoners for three days. I don't want to deal with it, and I doubt many others want to either.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Is there going to be any kind of attempt made by the TOs to keep drugs and **** out the venue? I'm not trying to lay down hundreds of dollars to fly across the country to hang out with a bunch of stoners for three days. I don't want to deal with it, and I doubt many others want to either.
Agreed.

Also, you could get internet without internet at the venue via one of those cards that work anywhere.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Psh.. what's there to deal with in first place? We know the rules already, everything will be done outside of course. Cmon now...

pockyD

Smash Legend
my english is offended

anyway, if you intend to partake of any... extracurricular activities, not only should it definitely not be done in the venue, it shouldn't even be near it; i'd hate for the tournament to get shut down because somebody got caught up in that stuff

should go without saying, but people are dumb

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Also Kage you joined 5 days after me! ._.

[/bored]
I'm bored too but does that mean we are hidden rivals? lol.

Did you do any competition before joining smashboards? I have not.

my english is offended

anyway, if you intend to partake of any... extracurricular activities, not only should it definitely not be done in the venue, it shouldn't even be near it; i'd hate for the tournament to get shut down because somebody got caught up in that stuff

should go without saying, but people are dumb
Ya this is a serious issue but ya, I just hope the dumb people don't ruin it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ohh I love the history of smashers! For me before my first tourney which is in Nov 2006 I think.. I watched some videos from DBR and I was like "Wow you can do that!?" I have also watched the Triforce of Power by Tipman.. and ever since then I have brought my own style into smash and I keep trying to accomplish the impossible, it will happen!! I probably started Ganon before all that.. I think, it just suits my style perfectly.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
good luck to those partaking in this event

especially those i know, kick *** u guys ilu i'll be rooting for u :fist:

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I picked fox cuz i used him in 64
I used him in 64 cuz my bro used him in 64 and i just copied him all the time cuz i was like 7

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Like I do at all European tourneys, I MM anyone in Melee if they agree with my ruleset:
- Yoshi's Story only.
- I can only play Bowser.
- You can play which character you want.
- 1-2 dollars bet, you decide.
- Best of 5.
- I want 6 people on my MM list. :)

Mango: If you got the balls to use Puff, I'll MM you with 5 dollars, using the rules above(except you can only use Puff, of course).

Looking forward to meet you all, and I hope to play a lot at Genesis.

See ya at Genesis, buddies! :)
$1, you're on. I don't play Melee anymore, but oh well. Keep in touch. LOL

I use Link.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Agreed.

Also, you could get internet without internet at the venue via one of those cards that work anywhere.
I somehow doubt that would be a fast enough connection for a smooth stream.

I think it was also said earlier as well that it wouldn't work well enough. Don't take my word for it, that's my hypothesis. I've used them before, and they're not very amazing in terms of speed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Seriously, have you been to a tournament before Chibo and a few of those people were not under some kind of influence? Ignorance is bliss I guess.
im well aware of what people do and iv seen it at tourneys plenty of times. but seriously, as pocky said, no chances should be made, and there should be no risks.

not to meniton, whether or not a ton of ppl do it, its still illegal, and there are still plenty of people that dont care for it, and that are probably offended by it. there is also going to be a huge amount of minors here, which make things even worse.

but like for real? callin out blunt matches on smashboards and saying what type of weed ur bringing to the tournament? grow up.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
im well aware of what people do and iv seen it at tourneys plenty of times. but seriously, as pocky said, no chances should be made, and there should be no risks.

not to meniton, whether or not a ton of ppl do it, its still illegal, and there are still plenty of people that dont care for it, and that are probably offended by it. there is also going to be a huge amount of minors here, which make things even worse.

but like for real? callin out blunt matches on smashboards and saying what type of weed ur bringing to the tournament? grow up.
What's there to grow up from? Either you do it or you don't. =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Naw man, that sounds like Canada.

Then you go to BC, where weed has pretty much replaced cigs, and it's the best stuff in the world (no joke) and hence it's called BC budland.
Don't put WC at the same league as EC. =)

EC > WC.. now where was the last time I've heard this?? Wow probably since Pound 3.

LLDL

Smash Hero
LOL these last few pages of genesis before the tourney are gonna be spammy, I got bored the last 8 pages or so.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lmfao @ anyone who thinks WC > EC. Even when WC had some good players, EC always won overall. Now it's...Mango.
(Not to say multiple WC players wouldn't beat ME, but I'm not near the best on the coast.) Sadly, EC's representation at this tourney will be lacking.

**** talk aside, who is Mango teaming with? Just curious.

LLDL

Smash Hero
EC > WC. why? Because we have Obama. WC has Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Mango is teaming with Orange.

Milos

Smash Lord
ok i only read up to chibo's post, but here's what i have to say lol

i've burned at every tourney i've gone to, usually right outside the venue.

you just have to not be stupid, and it's ridiculously easy to get away with.

i wont do this at genesis because (obv) scale of the tournament, location, and such, but i'm just saying, nobody's who's chilled with me at a tourney has been like "ugh stupid stoner, get away". chibo i've hung out with YOU when i was stoned and you didnt even notice, let alone care. :)

edit - CYRAIN ARE WE GONNA BURN

LLDL

Smash Hero
I guarantee the person who wins this thing will not be a stoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom