• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
SMRPG is one of the best games to ever be made lol. But any true gamer can attest to that. I would accept the Mario speed run challenge (SMB3 in 15 minutes), but I'm coming here for Smash and nothing else =D

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i want to actually check out Cali, whos down to check out what cali has to offer...

perferably smashers 21+ so we can drink... etc.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
i want to actually check out Cali, whos down to check out what cali has to offer...

perferably smashers 21+ so we can drink... etc.
depends on my housing arrangements but I'm trying to ensure that I have a week off for this so I'd be down...and I don't drink but I'll come through and eat delicious bar food ^_^

Someone take/guide me to somewhere in NorCal that's been on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives. I'll <3 you forever ^_^

Linguini

Smash Master
this is sickkk... I got a whole week off of work, never been to cali, can't wait to check things out over there and play in this epic tourney..... yeshh!
William, I want to go the week before the tourney, you thinkin the same thing?

hopefully like a group of you,me,joe,polmex,lamuigi,and green can get to know calii.

im not 21 but im still down to drink! lol

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
William, I want to go the week before the tourney, you thinkin the same thing?

hopefully like a group of you,me,joe,polmex,lamuigi,and green can get to know calii.

im not 21 but im still down to drink! lol
for sure lin lin... we really have to plan because I've been dieing to check out cali, and i'm down to do all the cool **** there is to do there. you scrubs better not have money johns...

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
SMRPG is one of the best games to ever be made lol. But any true gamer can attest to that. I would accept the Mario speed run challenge (SMB3 in 15 minutes), but I'm coming here for Smash and nothing else =D
I see I have a challenger. 15 minutes is pretty good. Although you'll have to go against the #1 world record holder lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Go to EVO the week after Genesis. You get to be 21 IN VEGAS

Where are the Canadians staying in Genesis anyways? I want to play!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Go to EVO the week after Genesis. You get to be 21 IN VEGAS

Where are the Canadians staying in Genesis anyways? I want to play!
Oh dayum, EVO with caoypoo in Vegas!!?!?!
Can't though, I'm driver for a lot of the BCers. Maybe they can all triple buckle in the other cars to cross the border. XD

I donno what the plan is for us. I'm assuming you're all planned out so where are you staying? I think most of WA, BC and Alberta are tagging together so we might just book a massive hotel or something haha

Oh, I'll pass that on to Daltsy though, he might wanna stay for EVO (he'll already be old enough too) and he can bus back or something haha

..you set up a paypal account
3 people told me I'd get this exact response XD

problems*

No credit card needed? (donno if you need one but most people don't so if you do then that's bad) and parents can't do everything. Some people are too young to be allowed to set one up. I know that until a couple years ago, I wasn't allowed to have full access to my banking because I was too young. A lot of people are younger than me and will possibly run into that problem. Either through the bank rules or paypal rules or parental rules.

Do you realize how annoying this will be for nearly half the people planning to attend?

I can get it done with little hastle but this is pretty hard to do for a LOT of people. Asking other people WITH paypal to do it for them and pay them back later might work (that's what I'm doing lol) but that only goes so far.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
k
Since this is just a liiiittle bigger.

Maybe some guidance for the johners can help?

Like a list of people with paypal in regions that can pay then be payed later by the attendee (though that could be done in regional zones well enough)

or a mailing address?

sidefx

Smash Champion
well for housing.. weve had..

0 people step up to the plate around here to house people. the only option i can see is either posting in the pacwest forums, and trying to get someone in on it, and get noticed that way, or a hotel room =\

trust me i know it sucks, but.. thats how it is i guess around here..

i would be housing people but ill be staying at the hotel near by since we have to be there early in the morning..

as for paypal accounts.. im pretty sure you can use your own bank account and set it up through that instead of a credit card.

and as far as inconveniences go.. . just take a second.. and imagine.. 700 people.. lining up, to pay at the door. how long do you think that would take?

half the day? more? what ever it is, id like not to think about it..

FC had pre-pay, MLG had pre-pay, i dont see a difference here. its way more convenient for both parties involved.. which means everyone. there are way more pros than cons regarding prepayment for the tournament.

again.. if you have any problems paying, and theres absolutely no way you can do it online..

email us.

genesis@norcalsmash.com

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We really need to have a seperate thread for a list of Confirmed OoCountry/Continent players to help co-ordinate with each other.

EDIT: Also as long as I can pay using a credit/debit card directly, I'm fine.

Paypal's not too hard either.

pockyD

Smash Legend
3 people told me I'd get this exact response XD

problems*

No credit card needed? (donno if you need one but most people don't so if you do then that's bad) and parents can't do everything. Some people are too young to be allowed to set one up. I know that until a couple years ago, I wasn't allowed to have full access to my banking because I was too young. A lot of people are younger than me and will possibly run into that problem. Either through the bank rules or paypal rules or parental rules.

Do you realize how annoying this will be for nearly half the people planning to attend?

I can get it done with little hastle but this is pretty hard to do for a LOT of people. Asking other people WITH paypal to do it for them and pay them back later might work (that's what I'm doing lol) but that only goes so far.

you can buy visa/amex gift cards and the like at most supermarkets and a lot of other places too

The King

Smash Ace
Basically, Paypal would be our #1 option as far as receiving tournament entrant pre-payments. It's extremely quick, allows us to receive payments in any currency on earth, and gives us a protected account to manage and oversee all entrants who pay ahead of time (not to mention the awesome protection Paypal provides its users). Once everything's set up and running, we'll provide everyone a template with which they can send their payments (name, smash tag, region, which events you're entering, all that good stuff).

Also as far as Paypal goes, you don't need a credit card to set up a paypal account. Myself, I opened up my first Paypal account with my Checking/debit account. As far as creating a bit of extra hassle for the attendants, this is a necessity to ensure Genesis does not turn out to be the next big CoT4. Honestly, just try to imagine 600-700 people attempting to register and pay at the door...for up to 4 different events each... this creates a slew of nightmares I don't even want to imagine, including confusion concerning how much money goes where, security & organization issues, and not to mention we would literally be spending ALL day Friday doing registration. Thanks, but no thanks. =p

ALSO, we should clarify that while Pre-Payment is mandatory, *Online* Pre-Payment is not. You will have other options available to you, although they will be slightly more convoluted and delayed. We're currently trying to establish an address or even set up a P.O. Box with which you can mail your entry fees via Money Order / Cashier's Checks. So while Paypal will definitely be your best, safest and most efficient option, it won't be your only one.

King Out

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so is it okay if we (canadians) take our igloos down there...

i mean like, its only plastic.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Booked the rooms for the New Mexico smashers ^_^ although it may be tricky trying to cram 15 of us into 2 rooms... perhaps a third booking will suffice no? :p

Just a heads up for anyone trying to get a room haha. They asked how many people per room and I said 3 just to be on te safe side (3 looks like 8 right?), the girl on the phone didn't like that answer O.o it's two people per room maximum when they ask for how many haha (as far as they know :p)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Daltsypoo won't wanna Evo. Barlw onry <3
hahaha true. I might still go, there's a chance. I could drive you and whoever up there from Genesis if there's space in our carpoolings too. Brown Town and Lib are flying back so that leaves potentially 3 spots.

***, now I want to go to evo too lol
If you wanna go, and 3 more people from our group go, then we can go :D
Everyone that wants to stay for evo can change over to my car and I can drive the EVO group after everyone leaves. We need a full car I think though. :p

WA also needs housing.
You and eggzypoo etc are joining up with daltsypoo and Canada on the way there right?
We couuuuuld all rent a hotel....AN ENTIRE hotel...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hey guys! So, New Mexico is leaving Wednesday, probably around noon, and we are trying to find a place to stay around half way so we don't have to make the trip all in one day. If you could help out, or point us to someone that could help out, that'd be great!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...121.828045&sspn=0.013932,0.038624&ie=UTF8&z=6

That's our path.
Two maximum for a double room (two queen sized beds) seems pretty dumb. Are you sure the person you talked to just didn't have a **** in their ***?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I see I have a challenger. 15 minutes is pretty good. Although you'll have to go against the #1 world record holder lol.
No kidding huh. Well maybe I'll pull out the old SNes and practice lol. Or just realize that I'm no where near the world record =D

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm assuming that this isn't you then DJ Nintendo, but it's still fun to watch around the 9 minute marker :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk3YZSo7LsU
That's definitely not me and that time attack video is tool-assisted. Although it is still fun to watch. I beat that time attack though despite it being tool-assisted lol. I raced against it while playing on my Nintendo lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
**** does anyone like melee anymore. I just looked at that pre- reg page and there are way too many people going for Brawl. This has been going on since like the beginning of the week. Hardly anyone has signed up for melee in the last few days. Meaning the attendance list for Brawl keeps growing larger and larger. While Brawl is like 25 people less now. However it is understandable seeing as Brawl has a larger player base and there are not as many people who play melee on the pro level other than the people who already pre registered and a couple more people who have yet to do so. You guys are entitled to your own opinion on what you like so far be it from me to criticize Brawl players.

P.S. This is somewhat dissapointing.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**** does anyone like melee anymore. I just looked at that pre- reg page and there are way too many people going for Brawl. This has been going on since like the beginning of the week. Hardly anyone has signed up for melee in the last few days. Meaning the attendance list for Brawl keeps growing larger and larger. While Brawl is like 25 people less now. However it is understandable seeing as Brawl has a larger player base and there are not as many people who play melee on the pro level other than the people who already pre registered and a couple more people who have yet to do so. You guys are entitled to your own opinion on what you like so far be it from me to criticize Brawl players.

P.S. This is somewhat dissapointing.
I think we've heard enough from you about this topic. Get over the Brawl vs. Melee already. The fact this is likely to be the largest Melee tournament ever doesn't please you still? FFS man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom