• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
I see I have a challenger. 15 minutes is pretty good. Although you'll have to go against the #1 world record holder lol.
i did this in about 15 minutes once. i wasn't strictly timing it, though, just looking at a clock, and i might have died once...probably on that stupid flying ship level with all the hammer guys. what's your record, then?

i also beat the whole game (gradually) without pressing left =D
my rule was, if i absolutely have to press left to pass a level, then i am allowed to for the whole level, but generally should only do so conservatively. you actually don't have to for at least 90% of the levels. it's just REALLY hard sometimes when you can't stop your running momentum.

in world 6, that level near the end where you can mostly only stand on pipes, and most of those have fire flowers...that one was ridiculously hard. i think i got all the way to the end, then realized you have to press left to fall down to the last pipe. :urg:

that flying ship level is insane too, but i'm pretty sure you can do that without pressing left.

challenges are fun.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
It still confuses me how people aren't happy and excited that there are 443 Melee entrants from all over the country and other parts of the world.

I'm hyped for both games and for spending a few days in Cali with amazing people =D
just thought I'd bring this up again...[numbers have probably changed and may not even reflect the actual number of attendants...it'll realistically be lower]

seriously reading strawhats' posts about this has grown so redundant that it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and takes away from what will be such an amazing and special event for all those who attend.

This **** is like the ****ing Golden Ticket and DBR is about to deliver that **** to like 800 fatkids.

tw1n

Smash Champion
That's definitely not me and that time attack video is tool-assisted. Although it is still fun to watch. I beat that time attack though despite it being tool-assisted lol. I raced against it while playing on my Nintendo lol.
Ha ha bad *** stuff too dude. Ya I'd definitely lose to you then. The only other mario game I'm good enough to speed through is super mario world =D But I've never even thought to time that one lol

This **** is like the ****ing Golden Ticket and DBR is about to deliver that **** to like 800 fatkids.
ha ha greatness

Corigames

Smash Hero
Stuff about not pressing left in MArio
I did a Zelda 1 for the NES run without ever getting a sword. I got all the way to Ganon and found out it, aside from the silver arrows, is the only thing that hurts him, even if it's just the wooden sword.

That's definitely not me and that time attack video is tool-assisted.
No it's not. Or at least, the other 11 minute video isn't:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/Mario3.html

They don't allow TAS runs on that site.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
re: strawhats
there is an ignore list for a reason. if someone's entire 300+ posts are the same **** thing, just throw them on your ignore list and voila! SWF is a more enjoyable place.
As a mod I don't have right. Oh well, I can always infract him :)

This is a warning to you Strawhats! No negative posting! It will be treated as spam.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Is anybody plannin on housing Washington? Eggz, Vish, me, idk who else is comin from here but I know us 3 for sure.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
how is this not STICKIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF are wrong with these people. I'm coming to this ish with my FLORIDA boys. FLORIDA, is gonna rep this hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMA have to **** at this pretty hard.

bringing the triple A game. GET AT ME!!!!!!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!11

YAYUHZ!!!!!!!!!

GET AT THAT NASTY SHEIK!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: WOW WOW WOW, they stickied right as i made mmy post about it not being stickied, TOO WEIRD!!!!!!1

strawhats

Smash Master
ok Cao and everyone, Im actually very happy with the expected turn out for melee. Once again I play Brawl just not competitvely. I am hyped to see matches from this tourney as I unfortuntely can't go. I hope everyone enjoys themselves and that the Brawl vs. Melee attitude dies once and for all. Sorry if I came off as an annoying a-hole with the post.

Code Geass reference: All hail Brittania (Genesis):laugh:

LawGiver

Smash Rookie
20 venue mandatory? that means the price if you want to enter melee doubles and singles are raised now? that sucks...

Corigames

Smash Hero
A venue fee is almost always mandatory for anything beyond a 40 man tournament. It's just usually not $20 but more like $5.

Also, they always said there would be a venue fee and observer fee (As far as I can remember)...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, what they had previously for tentative prices were $50 if you were just doing Melee or just Brawl, $80 for both, with venue fee breakdowns and stuff not defined. That was just an estimate though and this is just $5 more/game so like, really no reason to be surprised or upset at all.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Idea: My record for the Super Mario Bros. 3 speed run is 10 minutes and change. Right under 11 minutes.

Tw1n: We should still race though. I'm mad rusty at speed runs since I haven't done them in so long lol. I hold the #1 world record for the Super Mario World speed run too. My record for that is 9 minutes flat.

Coreygames: The video you just posted is not tool-assisted and its legit, but the other one is definitely tool-assisted. The Zelda thing you said you did is pretty beast lol.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Idea: My record for the Super Mario Bros. 3 speed run is 10 minutes and change. Right under 11 minutes.
Best Idea: Uh... record you doing that and become the record holder?

Coreygames:The Zelda thing you said you did is pretty beast lol.
Sadly, I found out a few weeks after doing it that people had already made strategy guides for doing it. So, it kinda makes me feel less unique for doing it, but I did do it and on my Wii so that people would know I didn't haxor it.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Tw1n: We should still race though. I'm mad rusty at speed runs since I haven't done them in so long lol. I hold the #1 world record for the Super Mario World speed run too. My record for that is 9 minutes flat.
Ha ha maybe I will challenge you if there is any free time. Or you can bring the systems and we'll do it at one of the hotels late into the night. I know I won't beat you but I'll challenge you just to a friendly more or less lol. Then I can say, "Hey... I played the guy with the world record in this... yep. He was insane... Still owes me for beating him in the eating contest tho." <.< >.> <.<

And ya that figures two of my favorite games of all time you freakin have the records for. Tis all good tho. Maybe I'll do a legit speed run vs someone in LoZ: Link to the past... I think I 100% that game in a few hours. I don't know. All the classic great games currently need to be dusted off sadly. Rust affects us all lol

DippnDots

Feral Youth
DJ Nintendo, you play Megaman X? I think I have a pretty good speed run on that, definite room for improvement fosho.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Coreygames: I'm definitely gonna try and make the time to get the equipment and record myself lol.

Tw1n: Hence the name DJ Nintendo lol. I'm too good at pretty much every Mario game. That's funny because I would challenge you in A Link to the Past too lol. I'm beast at that game too. Classic games are too good.

MDZ: I been knew about Andrew and his time. His speed run time is 11:01. My time is right under 11 minutes, quit life lol. I don't care even if he randomly goes to Genesis lol.

DippnDots: I got the game and played it, but I never tried to speed run it. Although my friend is super beast and holds a world record in the speed run for that game. The same thing for Megaman X2 lol. I'll speed run the game myself one of these days.

idea

Smash Master
anyone else really into super metroid? i think my record for that game was 52 minutes. i'm alright at megaman x2 too =) and i really oughta speedrun dkc2 one of these days, i have a feeling i could beat the record on speeddemosarchive with a little practice, but i dunno if that's still the record or what.

haha, smashers are too good at video games.

tw1n

Smash Champion
DJ N: Ha. Thats awesome. Classic games are great. I've never cared for really trying a speed run (aside from SM3), but I just love playing the games. Hmm... Since all mario games are out of the picture for beating you then I have to go bolder... DUCK HUNT and that track game that comes with Mario1 and Duck Hunt lol.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
anyone else really into super metroid? i think my record for that game was 52 minutes. i'm alright at megaman x2 too =) and i really oughta speedrun dkc2 one of these days, i have a feeling i could beat the record on speeddemosarchive with a little practice, but i dunno if that's still the record or what.

haha, smashers are too good at video games.
if u can beat the dkc2 speed run record, including jungle hijynx i will love you forever

idea

Smash Master
east coast canada keeps increasing in melee players (and overall hype) and seems to be lessening a bit in brawl. but we have large communities and high-ranking players for both. not sure how montreal is for both games overall, but i think they have more brawlers.

isn't jungle hijinx from dkc1? i'm gonna guess you mean animal antics =P which i can do really quickly except for the squawks part. i'm soo much faster on screech's sprint than that guy is, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom