• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
DippnDots: I got the game and played it, but I never tried to speed run it. Although my friend is super beast and holds a world record in the speed run for that game. The same thing for Megaman X2 lol. I'll speed run the game myself one of these days.

What's his record? I need something to strive for >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
considering dropping from Brawl...........................

Tope let me know what you guys want to do about housing [either talking to your friends to see what's up or we can split a hotel room]...we only got a few days left before those tickets will probably start climbing in price. I don't wanna risk missing out on an awesome deal. Just get back to me with the dates we'll be leaving and coming back so I can at least book mine :)

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Considering? It took me 3 FFAs at pound 3 to know brawl was gonna suck, and then 5 months of hearing people ***** about it to confirm my hypothesis.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Well I played competitively for 9 months, formed a close kinship with people who frequent the same threads [ROB boards] and regions/tourneys serials that I do, and I enjoy the things that Brawl does have to offer. Plus I've had a lot of fun hosting and attending tourneys that have left me with fond memories. It'd be nice to make Genesis my last Brawl event since I'll have a chance to play so many different people that I'll never have a chance to play after this.................................................but then I think about how much Melee I won't be able to play if I'm in the Brawl tourney XDXDXD

pastaboy

Smash Champion
east coast canada keeps increasing in melee players (and overall hype) and seems to be lessening a bit in brawl. but we have large communities and high-ranking players for both. not sure how montreal is for both games overall, but i think they have more brawlers.

isn't jungle hijinx from dkc1? i'm gonna guess you mean animal antics =P which i can do really quickly except for the squawks part. i'm soo much faster on screech's sprint than that guy is, though.
sry i ment klobber karnage, i always get those mixed up. (wait does the speed run include lost world etc.?)
-animal antics is also a ***** too.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, speedrun includes lost world and all bonuses and dk coins found. klobber karnage used to be really hard for me, but that was cause for some reason all those barrels would spin automatically on me instead of letting me direct them. once i fixed that...or it started working...or something...it got a lot easier. if i die there it's almost always from those two *******s at the end.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hahahahaha ye i hear ya, the whole lvl is pretty decent until u get to the last 2 barrels lol. i remember the first time playign thru i didnt know you could control the barrels either, LOL.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I could do a Donkey Kong Country 2 speed run pretty beastly. DKC games are like Mario games to me lol. DKC 2 is too good.

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
Same here, I 100% it within a week after its' realease, and I was 9.
I could make a good record if I just beat it once first to remind myself where all the bonus and DK coins are.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MDZ: I been knew about Andrew and his time. His speed run time is 11:01. My time is right under 11 minutes, quit life lol. I don't care even if he randomly goes to Genesis lol.
By what time standard, SDA?
He saw your post about SMW (I think it was SMW) that you had it at 9minutes flat, but the TAS doesn't even break 10 minutes. Thought you might be using a different way of measuring it than SDA would.
I might be able to get him to go to the next MM, he lives about 10 minutes from me haha

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally going to find this and start pwning everyone at speedrunning AND smash! XD

...actually I'm terrible at smash.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I could do a Donkey Kong Country 2 speed run pretty beastly. DKC games are like Mario games to me lol. DKC 2 is too good.
Man so many games I need to pick back up again. DKC2 is an awesome game!! Hmm... Maybe I should just challenge you to Super Mario Kart (SNES) lol.

idea

Smash Master
haha, cool =) i do almost the same exact things as the record run on speeddemosarchive, just slower. it doesn't look THAT much slower, but ends up taking 20-30 minutes longer <_< i think i'm just bad at the boss fights. also i'm out of practice and if i even go to genesis i'll be playing smash the whole time =P

not getting grapple beam (and making up for it with shinesparking through those parts) saves a lot of time.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Man so many games I need to pick back up again. DKC2 is an awesome game!! Hmm... Maybe I should just challenge you to Super Mario Kart (SNES) lol.
I hold world records for Mario Kart 64. So Super Mario Kart is pretty much the same lol. Although I'll definitely have fun regardless playing that game whether I win or lose. Its too good =)

tw1n

Smash Champion
ha ha ya. To this day, Rainbow Road on Super Mario Kart is the hardest (in my opinion) But nonetheless, if we get a set up going in one of the hotels then we can race =D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
haha, cool =) i do almost the same exact things as the record run on speeddemosarchive, just slower. it doesn't look THAT much slower, but ends up taking 20-30 minutes longer <_< i think i'm just bad at the boss fights. also i'm out of practice and if i even go to genesis i'll be playing smash the whole time =P

not getting grapple beam (and making up for it with shinesparking through those parts) saves a lot of time.
I'm pretty good at Super Metroid speed run, but i do not know every trick in the game so I may lose at this lol.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Yeah, I noticed on the speeddemos site that I do a lot of the same **** as the guy with the world record. Like |3uttfuc sigma and his dog >_>

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
No one has ever beaten me at Mario Kart 64... I HAVE to play you. It is a necessity for me to find someone in the world to give me a challenge.
Aight, sounds like a fun challenge and I'll definitely accept =)

Animeblitz: I'll take money matches in Super Mario Kart too. I'll money match in alot of Mario games for that matter lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom