• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah once people start paying and stuff, there will be a list of people who have confirmed going from the pre-registration site. there will most likely be an extra box checked off for confirmed people on that same list

The GERM

Smash Ace
I'm ready

Boback, you are amazing, and always come through.

Everyone, get fu**ing hyped, the Genesis ball has begun to roll. I can't wait to see nearly every region in the world represented to the fullest, practice up bit**es, 2 months and counting.

On a side note, I will be working on some sick a** Genesis t-shirts tomorrow. Keep in mind, I'm an actual illustrator...just sayin'.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
West Coast Tournament T-Shirt Contest?

Zero Challenge shirts vs Genesis shirts?

Norcal shirts vs Socal shirts?

Oh wait, that wouldn't be fair. Sorry Mana :-\

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
YEAH im pretty hype already a few PR players are going too bad the best melee player wont make it HDL but is confirmed now a few of us that are going to evo will make it to california too to play u guys.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Do we really need to pay? I mean I dont have visa and my parents won't let me use it. So I can only pay when I get to Genesis, is it okay?
nope. sorry.

the reason why is if we let one person do that.. then we have to let the other........

800?

and if you want to stand infront of the venue from friday morning, to sunday night waiting to pay be my guest.. but there wont be a tournament thats for sure

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Do we really need to pay? I mean I dont have visa and my parents won't let me use it. So I can only pay when I get to Genesis, is it okay?
Dude, do you know who you are? I'm certain that hundreds of people will pay for you as long as you pay them back.

Maybe not that last part! :laugh:

pastaboy

Smash Champion
nope. sorry.

the reason why is if we let one person do that.. then we have to let the other........

800?

and if you want to stand infront of the venue from friday morning, to sunday night waiting to pay be my guest.. but there wont be a tournament thats for sure
lol will u guys have security guards, ally wont go down without a fight

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Ally couldn't you get someone in mtl to do it? And give them money? If I was still in mtl i'd do it lol.

defsithe

Smash Ace
go to walmart/any store with pre-paid visa gift cards and u can use that. works for online purchases atleast. so i think it would work for this?

defsithe

Smash Ace
5 cents to make a money order!! outrageous! lol.

but really mailing a check/money order is very inconvenient. checks could bounce. well money orders r solid. but maybe the hosts dont wanna give out their addresses/have check their mail boxes, mail could be lost/delayed for weeks, or maybe they just dont want wait on mail. even with a PO box thats still more of a hassle than just registering online for the hosts.

yeah its some sort of hassle for the attendee but you're the one planning on making a cross country (or however far) and i dont see the harm on picking up a little card at the cash register the next time u go to the store.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hah worry less about a relatively small inconvenience that a tourney host has imposed upon himself in order to help the attendee help the host avoid a much larger inconvenience :)

but yeah that prepaid visa card sounds like the way to go...

anyway...who wants to house me and Team Richmond and enjoy deliiiicious nachos?! ^_^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea ally, while you are in the states, go to an amscot or a walgreens or a walmart and get a prepaid credit card. Works great for online purchases

personally, id rather do that than mail a money order or a check. with the prepaid credit card you know it got there :laugh:

hell, if i see you at apex, ill even remind you to get one

toasty. whos in your group?

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah i should update the site with the whole prepaid credit card/gift card thing.. ive used those so many times, and plus theyre good for online security issues as well, since you cant get your own account hacked and **** if something does go wrong.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'd strongly recommend setting up a paypal account. Money ends up getting lost in fees and such and since no one can stop anyone else from paying without an account, theoretically everyone could pay without an account which adds up to $1,000-2,000+ LOST that could have and should have gone toward the tournament costs/prizes [5-700 people and I think the fee they mentioned was $3? something like that if you pay without an account]

sidefx

Smash Champion
@Sidefx: So can we just use credit cards directly and skip the 'setting up a paypal account' thing?
yes that is possible =)

but like toasty said there is a fee cut (i believe 3%) from the total transaction if there is no paypal account used. All up to you though, what ever is most convenient.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd strongly recommend setting up a paypal account. Money ends up getting lost in fees and such and since no one can stop anyone else from paying without an account, theoretically everyone could pay without an account which adds up to $1,000-2,000+ LOST that could have and should have gone toward the tournament costs/prizes [5-700 people and I think the fee they mentioned was $3? something like that if you pay without an account]
That does indeed suck but not everyone would do a paypal account. lol.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i just looked into the account fees some more..

apparently with the business account i have got, there is an even % cut taken out regardless of paypal account or not. =\

the no % cut thing was for individual accounts, but since i cant use one of those, a % will be taken out of everyones. Which we were anticipating for, since its almost impossible to find somewhere or a way for no fees to be taken out, unless you ahve a merchant license, which would cost money, which would probably cost the same as the fees being taken out in the first place =(

The King

Smash Ace
It's something along the lines of 2.9% of the total amount paid, plus a flat $0.30 fee for every transaction received. Not quite $3, but for a full event package purchase it comes out really close to that value either way.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hiroshi you still play ggah dude?
nah man, i wish. Ggah is a manly *** character. i have mad respect for Ggah mains.

i played Ggah for like a month straight. and then made my combo vid to show where i got in 1 month of basically only Ggah. but i just dont have the skill for him personally. i still have a lot of trouble l-canceling with him. the timing is so weird for some reason.

right now its all about sheik and falco, and im throwing in some fox. thats about it.

have i played you before?

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ISH!!!!!!!!

first time in cali.

-hiro

DippnDots

Feral Youth
nah man, i wish. Ggah is a manly *** character. i have mad respect for Ggah mains.

i played Ggah for like a month straight. and then made my combo vid to show where i got in 1 month of basically only Ggah. but i just dont have the skill for him personally. i still have a lot of trouble l-canceling with him. the timing is so weird for some reason.

right now its all about sheik and falco, and im throwing in some fox. thats about it.

have i played you before?

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ISH!!!!!!!!

first time in cali.

-hiro
Nah we never played, I just remember you on the ganon boards for a lil bit then you disappeared. Nice sig btw >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom