• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
So I heard talk about there not being brawl crews cause melee crews has more hype? wtf is up with that? If i'm not mistaken I believe BRAWL is the more popular game atm, and there's MUCH **** to be settled with brawl crews.
but brawl crews are long and boring

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh God, the Brawl vs Melee stuff. I hope this doesn't go on at the tournament >_>

If it does, I'm totally flaming some Brawlers while I'm there.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I was going to post in the NorCal forum about needing housing but it seems like the site is pretty inactive...I'm sure it'll pick up closer to the tourney date, so should I just wait til then to post up requests? or can I just abandon that and post my request details here?

it'd be nice to get everything straightened out before I buy my plane tickets because the dates for the tickets will depend heavily on WHEN and for how long the housing offered will be available...

[this applies to me, Tope, and 3 others I think]

pockyD

Smash Legend
unless you already have someone in mind you want to house with and intend to ask them directly, you should just invest in a hotel room

Zone

Smash Champion
WTF what if you're really sick? What if you have a high fever?

And the only perscription...is more Smash Bros?
That could be probable but I'd need a doctor's note. Otherwise If I call in and don't show up next time with a doctor's note. I'll get written up, and most probably fired. And I just went from making 1k a month to 2k a month. I'm not going back down to the bottom of the barrel. When paying for school is no longer a problem for me.

But yeah... looks like no Genesis for me. I miss out on every damm big tournament that happens. It's really annoying.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
Oh my girl.... this thing is happening on my birthday. I've NEVER been to ANY tournament before (literally - not even local ones) and I desperately want to. Is there a list of people who will be there? DSW, Mango, M2K, PC, KDJ, Ken and Isai all in the same room.... I'd die. And then I'd have to come back because that would be heaven.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
puckgood, in the first post, where it says Click Here For Pre-Registration, in that link, contains what you seek, the list of people who are planning on coming to this tourney.

Scythe

Smash Master
Just by judging the two Midwest crew threads(Brawl and Melee). The Brawl players are much are interested on who's going to be on the team, with a list of players you should be on the team and people who will be going. But the melee thread just mentions Darkrain a bunch of times and that Tink shouldn't be on the team.

Edit: Just a note, i find Melee much more exciting to watch than Brawl, but Brawl players deserve a chance to represent their region. It would be the first big time regional Brawl crews.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
let's all hope that after the payment the actual number will be cut by a good portion. then there could be brawl crews, for those of you who care.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
As a concerned member of the community I would like to ask that you guys please hold Brawl Crews. Although you guys might not think they are "as hype" as melee crews, not giving them a chance at the first MAJOR smash tourney since brawl came out would be a very bad decision. Why not give them a chance? If anything, this can be used as a test to see how brawl crews do at a big tournament like this. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

Also, take a look at the following threads, taken from the regional boards (I might have missed some from other regions, not sure):

Atlantic North Brawl Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224242&highlight=genesis

Midwest Brawl Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220652&highlight=genesis

^this one is a sticky and has almost 400 replies and over 8,000 page views.

Canada Brawl Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227288&highlight=genesis

^this one is also a sticky

Clearly, there are at least some people that are really excited about brawl crews and have been spending time discussing them/planning. It would be a real shame to let down so many people. I'm not trying to be rude or pushy at all, I'm just trying to make a point that I don't think has been adequately expressed in this thread yet.

Give Brawl crews a chance, then judge if they truly suck as much as you guys want to believe.

The way I see it, NOT having brawl crews would disappoint ALOT of people. On the other hand, having brawl crews would make at least a select group of people very happy, and would be a nice thing to do for the community.

Rofa

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
It's definitely not a lack of hype problem for why Brawl Crews may possibly not happen.

It's a time constraints problem.

We'll know if the Brawl Regional Crews will be held after a more they get a more definite number of actual attendees, once they start accepting payments.

I'm sure they would love to supply the community with a huge Brawl Regional Crew battle, but just by looking at the number of pre-registers for Melee and Brawl, it's almost impossible. They already had to get rid of devoting the first day to friendlies+crew battles, to pools+melee crews.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
They can definitely make time. It's a 3 day event, there's time.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
i beg to differ. why not try and plan for it? if they run out of time, they run out of time, oh well. but I see no harm in planning on doing it. . .

here are 2 options:

1) if you don't plan to do it, and then there ends up being extra time, then that would be a huge waste of time, and be disappointing.

2) if you do plan to do it, and the tournament actually does run out of time as you are insisting (and brawl crews aren't able to finish), then that would be an unfortunate time crunch.

option 2 wins

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
TVs 96
Wiis 121

Ninety Six. That's frickin insane. (Though we have to expect that number to drop) but still.

Should start a donation fund for el cheapo 2nd hand TV's. If everyone chipped in a dollar imagine all the cheap TVs you could buy/borrow for this? That's one way of decreasing the time taken for each event.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
TVs 96
Wiis 121

Ninety Six. That's frickin insane. (Though we have to expect that number to drop) but still.

Should start a donation fund for el cheapo 2nd hand TV's. If everyone chipped in a dollar imagine all the cheap TVs you could buy/borrow for this? That's one way of decreasing the time taken for each event.
But still 96x4 = 384 if everyone plays doubles at all times.. that's still half the people not playing brawl or melee lol. Need 200 TVs!!! lol.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
we could use any extra time, if any, for friendlies.

the way god wanted it.

Seriously though, if Brawl crews wouldn't take as long as it's predicted it would take, then it would still be here with us. But there is a chance of revival, it's not completely gone. I would love to play in the Brawl Crew battle, but if it getting axed makes the flow of things go that much smoother, than I'm totally down the TO's decision. I'm not hating on Brawl if I sound like that, I love playing it too.

I'm sure the TO's are looking for way to make it work, a way that makes everyone happy.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
TVs 96
Wiis 121

*throws in extra dollar*

for real though if someone were willing to setup a paypal Genesis Setup Foundation for us to donate to, I'd totally throw down =D
That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'd donate to it

JFox

Smash Hero
these are pretty impressive numbers. I expect only about half of those to be in attendance though. still, ~350 at one tourney=ridiculous

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
100% confirm going... FL is going to **** in Melee and Brawl.

anyone wanna MM me in either game... i suck.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This is going to be ridiculous. I won't even know who i'm sitting down and playing. Our name tags are going to need Gamer tag, Reigon, AND brawl melee or both on them. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom