• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, I ain't got no money, son. ;_; And I'm not good enough to join a tourney just yet.

Thanks, Pakman.

Well, I meant who PLANS to provide live streams. I'm not asking for a psychic reading.
That's not a good mindset. If you want to truly learn under the pressure, tournaments.. especially THIS ONE... IS THE WAY TO GO. You'll learn so ****ing much that the next tournament you'll probably **** much easier. Just think about the AMOUNT of people that you can play at this tournament, this is the tournament to go to if you want experience and level up!!

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
your location says you live in CA

NO JOHNS
Well, uh... I suppose I could hijack a car with a full tank and rob the am-pm while I'm at it.

you live in cali. people from around the world are dropping hundreds of dollars to fly to genesis, how hard could it be to put in a little overtime to get gas/bus/train/BOAT money?
Quite. I'm 17. I don't have a job, and my mother's income isn't great. I'd be reluctant to go anyway since I don't like a lot of noises all at once.

...Holy crap, I actually have a lot of Johns. Disgraceful.

pockyD

Smash Legend
get one (a job), work for one week, and you'll already be set probably

if you just plain don't want to go, that's fine too

but "can't" is not an excuse!

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Well, I DID make $100 working with my brother-in-law for two days, scraping ceilings...

I could probably do something like that again.

EDIT: Agh, I'm posting too much.

strawhats

Smash Master
talk about crowded 702 total entrants.

441 Melee Entrants

451 bAWRL entrants(i really don't care for brawl)

tw1n

Smash Champion
How come no matter how many people enter melee, brawl is always at 10 ahead of them... crazy stuff huh?

ShinGaruda said:
Well, I DID make $100 working with my brother-in-law for two days, scraping ceilings...

I could probably do something like that again.
There you go. Now that's the right attitude.

strawhats

Smash Master
you know I feel like i was the only one to notice that. It pisses me off to see melee always being behind brawl. I also said what you said a few weeks ago.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I remember. i just didn't care much for that then. But as I've been checking, it's always been at that!

What cracks me up more is that there are more wii's and more gamecubes than there are total t.v.'s
Then to add to that there's alot more melee disks and brawl disks than wii's and cubes. Lol can't wait for this =D

rhan

Smash Hero
talk about crowded 702 total entrants.

441 Melee Entrants

451 bAWRL entrants(i really don't care for brawl)
With those kinds of enteries I doubt that either tourney will be finished in just one day. Especially when it's Doubles and Singles.

Is the first day still devoted to friendlies?

lain

Smash Master
So I heard talk about there not being brawl crews cause melee crews has more hype? wtf is up with that? If i'm not mistaken I believe BRAWL is the more popular game atm, and there's MUCH **** to be settled with brawl crews.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
note that even for crews, it's regional crews and not free crews. what is there to settle for brawl? is there regional rivalry/hate going on? i hardly see any on swf.

sorry if i am wrong.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Kadaj you did fill out the form for registering FIRST right? and you realize this isn't tied into SWF at all so it has nothing to do with your SWF username and password? Not trying to be insulting I'm just saying...I know you miss stuff when scrolling through **** on your phone/Wii XD

but yeah it sounds like you went to the registration site but just tried logging in without clicking the giant orange link saying "CLICK HERE TO REGISTER"

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So I heard talk about there not being brawl crews cause melee crews has more hype? wtf is up with that? If i'm not mistaken I believe BRAWL is the more popular game atm, and there's MUCH **** to be settled with brawl crews.
Brawl may be the more popular game, but the matches definitely never have, and never will generate as much hype as a Melee matches.

But it was already said a few pages back that for now, Brawl crew battles are cut for times sake, because Brawl matches, god daaamn, take a lot of time. There is a small possibility that Brawl crews will be added back in though, just for now they are gone.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Total Entrants 707
Melee Entrants 443
Brawl Entrants 455

Step it up Melee boiz.

Region Melee Brawl Total
West 269 281 447
East 45 39 69
Midwest 38 45 62
South 35 35 53
Canada 27 21 36
International 29 34 40

Currently there's more International players than canadians. Wtf?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i'll mm anyone in ping pong
If there's an actual ping pong table I'll definitely challenge to you Bo 3, Sets of first to 21. I'll use my warrior mindgames in ping pong, i'm quite technical =P.

As for the Canadians attendees, let's just say there aren't many smashers willing to travel I guess. Or at least good smashers.

lain

Smash Master
note that even for crews, it's regional crews and not free crews. what is there to settle for brawl? is there regional rivalry/hate going on? i hardly see any on swf.

sorry if i am wrong.
Uhhh yeah thanks guy. I realize it's regional crews. And what are you talking about? Is there rivalry? Where have you been for the past... entirety of smashboards? There's always rivalry and strive to be better then the others.

Brawl may be the more popular game, but the matches definitely never have, and never will generate as much hype as a Melee matches.

But it was already said a few pages back that for now, Brawl crew battles are cut for times sake, because Brawl matches, god daaamn, take a lot of time. There is a small possibility that Brawl crews will be added back in though, just for now they are gone.
....excuse me? I've gotten way more anxiety, way more excitement, way more everything from brawl then in melee. At brawl tournament people go ****ing NUTS. It's an opinion, you can't go running around screaming "brawl is slow and stupid!" like the morons that ran rampant when brawl came out. Brawl's been out for over a year, the game is intense and imho more intense then melee.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
....excuse me? I've gotten way more anxiety, way more excitement, way more everything from brawl then in melee. At brawl tournament people go ****ing NUTS. It's an opinion, you can't go running around screaming "brawl is slow and stupid!" like the morons that ran rampant when brawl came out. Brawl's been out for over a year, the game is intense and imho more intense then melee.

Well, I play Brawl, and nowhere in my post did I say that Brawl was stupid, and I definitely didn't go around screaming it either. Read my post, don't put words in them.

I did say Brawl was slow, because it is.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Vyse said:
Total Entrants 707
Melee Entrants 443
Brawl Entrants 455

Step it up Melee boiz.
Ya I will be extremely happy if the melee numbers pass the brawl numbers. How brawl is ahead confuses me but nonetheless good stuff.

It is still so confusing as to how melee's entrants is still roughly 10 less at all times!!!:ohwell:

Sago

Smash Lord
I was hoping to get housing seeing as how im traveling by my self and im underage so i cant get a hotel...if housing dosent work out uhm ill sleep outside. Im sure cali is a nice place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom