• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
What crew battles have they done so far? I really don't feel like reading through 627 pages of bull**** (4 was enough) to try and find out.

UTDZac and DoJo are ******. Judge and Alpha Zealot got 2-0 twice by Dallas.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
What crew battles have they done so far? I really don't feel like reading through 627 pages of bull**** (4 was enough) to try and find out.

UTDZac and DoJo are ******. Judge and Alpha Zealot got 2-0 twice by Dallas.
I know that EC beat WC. I think South has yet to play EC. But who knows, maybe they just haven't told anyone on the internet yet.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
threads of huge tourneys are hilarious!!!

its like every noob that ever existed on smashboards, they all come together to post stuff that no one except eachother will ever read. of course, by posting i am admitting my noob-ness.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
The I don't give a **** about Brawl survey

[X] Brawl sucks
[X] Melee's better

I can do that too.. but i'd rather not.. it'd just cause drama... so yeah.. i'll do my pikachu talk to avoid this.. Cuz i'd win this argument of melee > brawl
Do you feel cool?

Who are you trying to impress?

In other news just got off the phone with ADHD

ADHD + SK92 DEFEAT TYRANT AND LEEPUFF 2-1

THEY PLAY ALLY AND SEAN NEXT :) LETS GO

swordgard

Smash Hero
The I don't give a **** about Brawl survey

[X] Brawl sucks
[X] Melee's better

I can do that too.. but i'd rather not.. it'd just cause drama... so yeah.. i'll do my pikachu talk to avoid this.. Cuz i'd win this argument of melee > brawl
Seriously, there is no argument, both games are DIFFERENT.

Some people prefer one, some the other.

If you want to go by number, brawl has a way bigger userbase than melee right now overall(if you include every brawl and melee player that is), but it frankly doesnt matter. More popular=/=better either, its just a matter of which you prefer.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
No EC vs WC is still going on because it didn't finish yesterday. if i recall WC is ahead 1 stock and Mikehaze is currently in the battle with it.
I think you be talking about Brawl. I be talking about melee.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Do you feel cool?

Do you see what im seeing.

Online players taking every single game :D

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Eurgh, as much as we all don't want stupid nevermakesmistakesandissuperconsistentlyperfectineverysituationbutstillsomehownotentertaining Mango to win, anyone who thinks the odds are on Shiz or M2k to win are dreaming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm praying for a M2k first in both.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Eurgh, as much as we all don't want stupid nevermakesmistakesandissuperconsistentlyperfectineverysituationbutstillsomehownotentertaining Mango to win, anyone who thinks the odds are on Shiz or M2k to win are dreaming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm praying for a M2k first in both.
M2K took 4 stocks from Mango while only losing two in crews.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
When will people realize top-level brawl is a crap-shoot? There is NO way to predict who is going to win. If you held a giant national brawl tournament today and another one tomorrow, results would be totally different. The game isn't deep enough passed a certain point to accurately separate these top players.
I disagree homie. This mentality keeps players like you from improving. Alot of people have the same mentality. You focus on the defensive aspect of the game soooooo much, because it has brought you success that you miss out on the benefits of being aggressive. You don't explore your character and all of their options, but instead rely on year old tactics as if they are the end all be all to winning in brawl.

If the outcome is random... Why does Ally always win when he plays people worse? Why does Jason Always win..unless he is off? Why is Anti always winning in his area? Why is ksizze getting so much better an beating top players? There is nothing random about it, practice and theory pay off just as they do in almost every other game.

The game isn't the same as it was 6 months ago. I'm not at all saying its ZOMG deep, but to state that the game is so simple that the winner is decided by some random factor is incorrect to say the least. No one is playing this game on a perfect level yet, thus it becomes impossible to claim to understand its depth or lack thereof on a grand scale.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
G$ is hilarious. He should have his own show on Animal Planet when he just yells at animals in the wild.
lol this would be amazing

edit: everyone sleeps on chad, dude has a beast pika
edit2: isai's n64 pika would wreck anyone's melee pika. It probably would wreck anyone's melee anything.

RATED

Smash Lord
Do you feel cool?

awesome, then I heard that excel zero and ling ling , beated Chaz and GDX so they are going against Futile and ajax right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I disagree homie. This mentality keeps players like you from improving. Alot of people have the same mentality. You focus on the defensive aspect of the game soooooo much, because it has brought you success that you miss out on the benefits of being aggressive. You don't explore your character and all of their options, but instead rely on year old tactics as if they are the end all be all to winning in brawl.

If the outcome is random... Why does Ally always win when he plays people worse? Why does Jason Always win..unless he is off? Why is Anti always winning in his area? Why is ksizze getting so much better an beating top players? There is nothing random about it, practice and theory pay off just as they do in almost every other game.

The game isn't the same as it was 6 months ago. I'm not at all saying its ZOMG deep, but to state that the game is so simple that the winner is decided by some random factor is incorrect to say the least. No one is playing this game on a perfect level yet, thus it becomes impossible to claim to understand its depth or lack thereof on a grand scale.
This guy is a genius.

And his avatar is freaking amazing.

:059:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

I am not saying that some random factor is going to determine the outcome of the game. I am simply saying Brawl's skill cap is very very limited, whereas in Melee players can continue and grow and seperate themselves from other players way more than in Brawl. Brawl simply just...doesn't have enough to seperate the top players imo. I think the same players will win at local tournies, sure, but when you put all the top players together from all regions, you're never going to get the same result. I think you could make a tourney with the top 16 brawl players in the country every day for a week and each tournament would have a different winner. Thus why I'm saying it's stupid for people to make predictions, you never know in Barlw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom