• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
and at least a hundred show up that didnt pre reg

i rly cant see how either event cant top 300. 400 shouldnt even be too hard

idea

Smash Master
quoting the pre-reg page is fun. see:

Melee Entrants 686
Brawl Entrants 696

Wiis 143
Gamecubes 152

Melee discs 237
Brawl discs 142

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll take the over on 300 per game

also, i still love that there are more wiis promised than barlw discs

the barlw community really sucks at bringing stuff

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Ok so I have an idea.

For grand finals and crews and stuff I have a video splitter. It takes in one input(from the gamecube normally) and outputs 4 versions of the same video. I used it at RoM and Pound 3 so everyone wasn't crowded around one TV and so that we could live stream and record the same match.

For each match we can do something like
1st output) Goes to TV.
2nd output) Goes to another TV for spectators/ projector if it is available.
3rd output) WC regions commentary and recording setup.
4th output) Another regions commentary and recording setup (preferably mine if we use my equipment)

This way we can get 2 perspectives and not have everyone crowd around one TV for the big matches.

If we incorporate Chibo's video rule I won't have any of the issues I had with the RoM vids.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have 3 splitters too :). We pulled that WAAAAAY back in the day at Champ Combo for the big SoCal vs. NorCal crew battle (HEY SIDEFX, WHERE IS THE VIDEO FROM THAT???).

strawhats

Smash Master
I really think that the amount of people going to melee might reach 500 or just a little less. Obviously not everyone one the pre reg list will be going to Genesis.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Groan =____=. I just checked Ramada Inn reviews and amongst the few that say it's lovely, the majority claim it's awful :(. I hope the amount of awesome people make up for it T____T.

L__

Smash Master
:|

I hope things work out for everyone...

A lot of people I've talked to recently have said things have fallen apart. D:

sidefx

Smash Champion
Ok so I have an idea.

For grand finals and crews and stuff I have a video splitter. It takes in one input(from the gamecube normally) and outputs 4 versions of the same video. I used it at RoM and Pound 3 so everyone wasn't crowded around one TV and so that we could live stream and record the same match.

1st output) Goes to TV.
4th output) Another regions commentary and recording setup (preferably mine if we use my equipment)

This way we can get 2 perspectives and not have everyone crowd around one TV for the big matches.

If we incorporate Chibo's video rule I won't have any of the issues I had with the RoM vids.

yeah i completely forgot to add chibo's video rule, itll put it up asap.

but yeah we got all the equipment necessary for just that.. never really thought about having both sides commentating.. how would you go about incorporating both? or would you just release the video x2 with each commentary..? im guessing thats the way, but yeah that sounds pretty legit. the projector and all that has been planned out, we got bleacher seating as well for people to watch.

I have 3 splitters too :). We pulled that WAAAAAY back in the day at Champ Combo for the big SoCal vs. NorCal crew battle (HEY SIDEFX, WHERE IS THE VIDEO FROM THAT???).

what are you talking abouuuuuuut

Atlus8

Smash Master
Groan =____=. I just checked Ramada Inn reviews and amongst the few that say it's lovely, the majority claim it's awful :(. I hope the amount of awesome people make up for it T____T.
I like this portion of a one star review!

"Teenagers partying in the parkinglot....homeless looking people hanging out on the second floor walk way. This place was loud ALL night long!!!!!"

I think we are gonna enjoy this!

sidefx

Smash Champion
more than half the hotel is going to be filled with smashers anyways, and you guys arent going to be at the hotels very often, so yeah =D

also, theres going to be a massive orgy in room 208 for all the girlies that want to join in. dudes arent welcome.

<3

rhan

Smash Hero
quoting the pre-reg page is fun. see:

Melee Entrants 686
Brawl Entrants 696

Wiis 143
Gamecubes 152

Melee discs 237
Brawl discs 142
......There are more Brawlers yet... only 142 setups? Have fun trying to get that done on time. Melee should run pretty smoothly.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the norcal barlw community is mostly 15 year old kids who feel like they don't need to take responsibility for tournaments

there are only like 4-5 barlw people up here that consistently bring setups

good **** onski

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Two different commentary tracks eh? I could see it now...

WC: MANGO SAYS IF IT AINT JEFF ITS DONE!

EC: OMG LOOK AT THAT PINK PUFFBALL I HATE ITS SMILE

:)

Get hype!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
......There are more Brawlers yet... only 142 setups? Have fun trying to get that done on time. Melee should run pretty smoothly.
Umm....

You realize there are only like 120 tvs right? Have fun using those extra 80 disks (but no cubes) on nonexistent tvs to make your tournament run super fast.

Regardless, all this info is basically useless: we don't know anything until the tournament actually happens.

---

I'm getting so PUMPED for this. I cannot wait till I'm in CA tomorrow afternoon practicing up. I hope the hotel can hook up cubes/wiis (wouldn't that suck if they couldn't). Also, this hotel kinda sounds perfect for housing 300+ smashers lol.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah we arent relying too heavily on the pre-reg list for set ups and stuff, but 120 set ups is a bit excessive.. we wouldnt even have room to set up 120 stations, with 400ish people walking around.

idea

Smash Master
more than half the hotel is going to be filled with smashers anyways, and you guys arent going to be at the hotels very often, so yeah =D

also, theres going to be a massive orgy in room 208 for all the girlies that want to join in. dudes arent welcome.

<3
live feed?

pockyD

Smash Legend
STAGES:

Neutrals:
  • Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Dream Land
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Kongo Jungle 64 - This stage will be used as a neutral ONLY in Singles & Doubles Bracket. It will be used as a Counter pick during Singles & Doubles Pools.

so what's the rule on stage striking in teams, with 6 'neutral' stages?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah we arent relying too heavily on the pre-reg list for set ups and stuff, but 120 set ups is a bit excessive.. we wouldnt even have room to set up 120 stations, with 400ish people walking around.
no room for 120 stations?!?! HA!!! what a phail.

no but for real, you should if any way possible try to dedicate 64 tvs for each game... with pools and this sort of attendence, that would really be ideal.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
ALL ATTENDEES SHOULD READ THE FIRST POST AND SET UP A TWITTER ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE UPDATES ON POOLS ETC AT THE TOURNAMENT.

Seriously :). I hate twitter and even I'm doing it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh sweet, they updated the rules to include stage striking.

Good ****. Random sucks.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok so I have an idea.

1st output) Goes to TV.

Yea a split situation like that is key. Your splitter is too good. I need to find one, or make one myself.

My video rule is too good lol, especially with stuck up pros that don't like their videos up. Everyone deserves to see what happens at every tournament, especially Genesis.

I'll have my own recording setup as well with my laptop and such. Though I won't be lending out to people during the tournament as I'll be carrying it around with me using it, but since I won't be playing in finals (maybe though... :) ), I can also bring mine over if you need it. I forget which encoder you have, but I have the same one Scar does that has a passthrough so one of the TV setup splits can also be a recording setup.

Lovage

Smash Hero
splitters on big matches? two sets of commentary on two TV's?
HMW/alukard on one, DJ nintendo/phil on the other hahaha.

wait...is alukard going? O.o

sidefx

Smash Champion
sidefx's MK gets ***** by my circa may 2008 ganon. fact
ppppppppfpffpfppfpffpttt i still have the best MK in the world. Ganon dittos ftw =D ****s too fun

[/LIST]

so what's the rule on stage striking in teams, with 6 'neutral' stages?
woops.. should be 5 stages for teams.. since fod isnt on. MY BAD POCKY MY BAD. good eye though.

no room for 120 stations?!?! HA!!! what a phail.

no but for real, you should if any way possible try to dedicate 64 tvs for each game... with pools and this sort of attendence, that would really be ideal.

yup yup all we gotta do is wait for people to bring them in.. i mean of course were using as many as we can get, but most of the pools and stuff will be ran 1 game at a time, so we shouldnt have a problem.

ALL ATTENDEES SHOULD READ THE FIRST POST AND SET UP A TWITTER ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE UPDATES ON POOLS ETC AT THE TOURNAMENT.

Seriously :). I hate twitter and even I'm doing it.

what he said =D

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wait, so is there gonna be live stream or not? Im pretty sure a huge event like this will probably have one but I just want to make sure.
Sorry if its been asked before :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom