• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
splitters on big matches? two sets of commentary on two TV's?
HMW/alukard on one, DJ nintendo/phil on the other hahaha.

wait...is alukard going? O.o
i wish i could bro ... it would be amazing to accompany DJ on the commentary =\

**** if i had an extra 200$ i would soooo be there

strawhats

Smash Master
Thnk God for Twitter. At least we'll be updated on everything important that goes on. I assume that Pre registration is officially closed to the masses now.

strawhats

Smash Master
lol I actually dont mind sacrificing no livestream for HD quality recorded matches. Cant wait to see uploaded vids. Who knows, maybe someone can record matches from the hotel tommorrow and put them up for the rest of us. A little sneak preview to the madness that will ensue at Genesis.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i actually kind of hope not, unless it's strictly monitored

going back and finding out that like 5% of the wiis accidentally had no tripping or whatever on is pretty terrible

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea theres gonna be like 8 million recording setups as it is going around if you need a high profile match to be recorded.

Plus, if you really want the match to be saved, then step it up and wreck your opponent in 3 minutes or less haha.

Judging by the last couple of posts, can we all agree that in case he brings it - NinjaLink's Wii is NOT allowed to be used at this? lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
I like how the schedule only says Brawl OR Melee. So does this mean we are doing only a melee tournament? >_____>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
breaking news: all top players dq'd from genesis for being late.

jfox wins both melee and brawl
lmao

We got this Inui XD
Mochiron!

sidefx's MK gets ***** by my circa may 2008 ganon. fact
Ganondorf is God.

Oh sweet, they updated the rules to include stage striking.

Good ****. Random sucks.
Yay.

how do people have money johns when this tournament has been posted for over half a year now =\
Agreed.

Sidefx or anyone else running this, what game is going first? I don't think you should do both at once. It's going to cause a lot of problems. We tried it at Apex, and it was just too hard and things went slow until Melee was finally done.

sidefx

Smash Champion
we have it set like it is now, because we dont know how many are signing up, and most of the events and rules have to be played out on site, and changed accordingly.

this is our rough guidline though..

friday:

brawl teams pools, then after they are done, melee teams pools
then at the end of the night we do whatever bracket we can get done if possible, along with a crew battle

saturday
brawl singles pools, then after they are done, melee singles pools
then at the end of the night we do whatever bracket we can get done if possible, along with a crew battle

sunday
continuation of all the brackets
rest of crews.

thats what we are looking to do, but again.. all of it is tentative depending on time and attendants. you know how it is =)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still don't see why we don't just do the crew battle as the opposite games pool is going on. You only need one tv. I predict crews will not occur unless we just organize it to happen during pools on Friday. There hasn't been a legit crew battle since like pound 3/oc3/fcd. Every other tournament since then has said they would fit it in at the end of the day and none have managed to do it succesfully. If there is one piece of advice to take from me it is to do the crew battle during the Friday pools. That will also give the Brawl players something to watch when Melee is going on and the Melee players something to watch when Brawl is going on.

Also in this regard, each coast should probably post up their crews ASAP to make setting up the battles quicker.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it should take each captain like 3-4 minutes to fill out their roster assuming it's already decided in advance; plus, they would be able to change at least characters, if not members, prior to each battle

i suppose it's just important for the captains to identify themselves

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I still don't see why we don't just do the crew battle as the opposite games pool is going on. You only need one tv. I predict crews will not occur unless we just organize it to happen during pools on Friday. There hasn't been a legit crew battle since like pound 3/oc3/fcd. Every other tournament since then has said they would fit it in at the end of the day and none have managed to do it succesfully. If there is one piece of advice to take from me it is to do the crew battle during the Friday pools. That will also give the Brawl players something to watch when Melee is going on and the Melee players something to watch when Brawl is going on.

Also in this regard, each coast should probably post up their crews ASAP to make setting up the battles quicker.
Brawl Regional Crews during Melee stuff, and vice versa, on a big TV and/or the projector or w/e is set up.

Godlike, no?

Atlantic North's crew has been decided, and I'm the captain. I'll give you our list.

1. Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers)
3. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
4. NinjaLink (Diddy Kong/ROB)
5. Pierce7d (Marth)
6. Neo (Marth)
7. Vex Kasrani (Game and Watch/Dedede/Meta Knight)
8. Jash (Toon Link)
9. MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
10. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
Alternates: ChiboSempai (ROB/Wario), Darc (Marth), Jman (Meta Knight)

Alukard

Smash Hero
Brawl Regional Crews during Melee stuff, and vice versa, on a big TV and/or the projector or w/e is set up.

Godlike, no?

Atlantic North's crew has been decided, and I'm the captain. I'll give you our list.

1. Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers)
3. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
4. NinjaLink (Diddy Kong/ROB)
5. Pierce7d (Marth)
6. Neo (Marth)
7. Vex Kasrani (Game and Watch/Dedede/Meta Knight)
8. Jash (Toon Link)
9. MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
10. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
Alternates: ChiboSempai (ROB/Wario), Darc (Marth), Jman (Meta Knight)
LMFAO at jesus still making it in this thing ...

and malcolm NL and Vex <333 =]

i hope everyone on this list gets far in the actual tourney too =]

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
LMFAO at jesus still making it in this thing ...

and malcolm NL and Vex <333 =]

i hope everyone on this list gets far in the actual tourney too =]
Most of them will in singles at least.

Except Pierce and Inui.

But who currsss bout brawl. I wanna see dsw final knock out m2k.

and my boi mango's got this. SS better get top 10 and pick up where he didn't start at RoM.

Alukard, you too. I wanna see you get far, I saw your match between zhu at RoM and you weren't playing your best mai dood. Good luck

<33333 meleeeeeee

strawhats

Smash Master
I actually expected m2k to be the EC captain. Then again m2k will probably just louse around and neglect to do certain things. lol

Smasher89

Smash Lord
no Live Stream. No Live Stream. No Live Stream. No Live Stream. No Live Stream. No Live Stream. No Live Stream. Twitter destination only
Nice to see the best of 5 will start sooner then what it said yesterday in the rules^^

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MW CREW IS:
1. lain (IC's)
2. Ally (Snake)
3. Judge (MK)
4. SamuraiPanda (Snake)
5. Rofa (MK)
6. Alphazealot (Diddy)
7. Ripple (Donkey)

We need to figure out who else. This is all we got so far.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
az i think he said he was gonna do that, i suggested it a few pages back and they said they will consistently do crew battles throughout the tournament until the end when winners would be decided or something

i would suggest 3 tv's instead of 1 though, just so all the regions can get matches going in order to progress as fast as possible, assuming all 6 possible regions put forth a team

im the mw melee captain btw, and im probably not gonna have a full roster until the day of the tournament due to complications and not enough dudes going

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Ramada Thursday night is going to be tight!!!

Hold Em players where you at!?

ERS challengers where you at!? (you know who you are *glares*)

:p

New Mexico is leaving now (ish).

And to quote a comedian who steals material but is still pretty funny anyways:

PEACE BE WITH YOU... PEACE OFF!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom