• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILgpiojn8w&feature=related

You should be ashamed of yourself for even associating with Sheik, Marc.
That set with Sheik was SOOO HILARIOUS. I'm proud to associate with Sheik especially with that set M2K had with Kels. ****'s so funny.

Marc is awesome.

Everything he said is beyond spot on.
Get ***** CT thread. Everyone has been trying to get Garrett to shut up with an argument and look who single-handedly does it his first try. *flexes*

Aesir

Smash Master
My day today?

Sitting in my representatives office writing letters and watching CNN. (he seriously has the nicest office in the whole ****ing building) Later on I had lunch, then spent most of the day talking to this other cute intern.

Today was pretty alright.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I love you Tim.

Also, about Amsah's edgeguarding being good, I take that back. Reason why:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YoZV3NG3o He didn't get one edgeguard. I counted because I know how to count using my fingers. Sometimes I even count in my head teeheehee!

So Garrett, you can say that Amsah has a good onstage game and make your argument with Sheik valid LOL.

S l o X

Smash Champion
hiya! welcome to spam central, please turn your post count up to 40/page in your user CP so that you don't want to kill yourself from having to click next page so much. Feel free to ignore any and all posts, nothing important is really said here anyway.
why havent i done this yet

:/ i think im gonna pick up uu when i get the hang of the game. ou is bleh for me right now (i guess switching around = better for experience)

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
bury bury bury

NEW EPISODES OF FUTURAMA COMING TO COMEDY CENTRAL IN JUNE 2010?! REALLY?
-DD
yes I believe if all goes to plan :)

lol @ all these darc vs vanz finals!

I'm glad the parade went well XD
You didn't shave this morning, did you? I hope you're remembering my sagely wisdom.
We finally finished shooting my wife's production 2 film this weekend... feels so friggin good to be done but we definitely shot in like 20 degree weather with crazy wind on a beach really early in the morning. Probably the coldest I've ever been, ever... the wind was so bad. And the tide started coming in so the tripod got hit with waves a couple times LOL o_O

I get up at 6am btw... :dizzy:
now begins 200 hours of editing?

two of my family members in mexico just got assassinated by a drug cartel. i'm pretty shaken :(
This is terrible, my condolences. I was just watching something on the current president who is standing up to them shiz is crazy

My favorite mindless movie is Happy Gilmore
must have watched this movie over a few hundred times and it's still funny to me :p

First metroid on wii was great, if the next ones any good it might give me an excuse to hook wii up again

Octave

Smash Ace
How do you know? Have you been trying to grow beards/been growing beards for over 20someodd years like a certain someone who has sage wisdom?

No?

STFU SCRUB!I still have <3 for you though ;)
My class asked our Biology teacher, Mr. Markham. He said no. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING YOU CAN'T REFUTE HIS WORDS.

Also, I've been trying to grow hair around my lower lip forever and nothing has popped up. I'm a neckbeard B(

noodles

Smash Champion
i saw that second video and read about the button releasing thing. it explains why people get supers/ultras without meaning to sometimes.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
benard, mike, anyone who is just truly starting to learning sf4 and trying to improve execution. this site is a gold mine. I find SRK a bit harder to navigate so I went looking and found this site.(guess boards has me spoiled).

the link shows something that i was NEVER aware of. it anwsers so many questions for me. I KNEW that there was something to make some of these strict input windows more feasible.

http://www.eventhubs.com/videos/2007/oct/02/street-fighter-3-third-strike-guide-negative-edge/
http://www.eventhubs.com/videos/2007/oct/02/street-fighter-3-third-strike-guide-negative-edge/

this too. i fcuking knew that there had to be an easier way to react with DPM. i thiought to myself a few days ago "THERE IS NO FCUKING WAY TO REACT ON LIKE EL FUERTE JUMPING IN WITH the traditional DPM and gettting dat **** 100 precent. this vid shows the update to the DPM(dragon punch motion fyi) that has been such a gift to me. This site alone has made my adventures in learning sf4 and ssf4 so much better and motivating. I think im ordering a stick today, unless you guys know someone who is selling one for cheap.
http://www.eventhubs.com/videos/2009/may/04/shortcut-motion-shoryukens-street-fighter-4/
http://www.eventhubs.com/videos/2009/may/04/shortcut-motion-shoryukens-street-fighter-4/

this whole site is GREAT. frame data dialog scripts, strats beginners guide, guide to moving from pad to stick........Im buying a stick because of this site. its a rly rly complete guide for us newbies.
word. bout to go thru it now.
Spacing fair does not work against Ganon and Falcon....you get *****.
****it mikemoney i shouldve bought that **** b4 SOMEONE else did

*stares at THAT GUY*
*blushes*

yea i guess my short 2 line post saying the exact thing spawn said wasnt enuff. next time i'mma block it up

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Get ***** CT thread. Everyone has been trying to get Garrett to shut up with an argument and look who single-handedly does it his first try. *flexes*
:laugh:

Lost is really starting to pick up now, Chuck keeps getting better, I'm starting to like Community more than the Office, and I ****ing love the Office.

Too bad that's like a gillion hours of TV :ohwell:

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lost is really starting to pick up now, Chuck keeps getting better, I'm starting to like Community more than the Office, and I ****ing love the Office.
I'm starting to love Community just as much as The Office as well. Idk how I feel about Parks & Recreation. Sometimes it's hilarious, but other times I walk away feeling... was that supposed to be funny, I don't even know.

30 Rock is great too >.>

Aesir

Smash Master
PoF said:
I know Marth is more than just space fair. For god sakes I've been playing him for more than two years. He's more than just spacing fair. Spacing fair does not work against Ganon and Falcon....you get *****. I was not serious about that and am even surprised Dave thought I was.
You're only saying that because you get *****.

Ganon and Falcon match up is mostly tech chases and spacing. Both of which are not that difficult considering how easy it is to react to either of them. Even if you mess up the reaction it's still a bad situation for Falcon and Ganon to be in. Once marth gets on them it's pretty difficult. Not to mention most marth can keep them both outside of his range well enough. I mean you can keep Falcon outside of you by just di'ing back and nairing, it's that stupid. Granted both these two match ups are not his easiest ones but are far from his hardest.

Falcon would be a marth counter if his recovery was actually good.

Ganon is just close to even with marth and is completely stage dependent.

However both of these match ups are winnable for marth he holds the advantage in both, and yes all have to do is get grabs and space and you'll probably win. If you don't then they were just better than you.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Idk how I feel about Parks & Recreation. Sometimes it's hilarious, but other times I walk away feeling... was that supposed to be funny, I don't even know.
It has its moments, but they're so few and far between that it's hard to judge whether or not the episode you're about to watch is going to be worth it.

However, they opened up this season with "I'm Ron ****ing Swanson," so I've been watching it every week, hoping to hear something of similar hilarity :laugh:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:laugh:

Too bad that's like a gillion hours of TV :ohwell:
Dylan I love you also. Community has been my favorite comedy for a while. I kind of want to watch Lost... thoughts?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I really haven't been watching sitcoms lately, looks like I'm missing some good stuff.

I just finished watching the first season of Caprica...what a waste.

And I'm still watching The Wire. Season 3 is slow, but it's like a slow-burning fuse. There are so many things building up, and it's going to be like an A-bomb when it goes off.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
thanks for the concern, all.
i'm fine and i wasn't retardedly close to them...but when i lived in mexico i saw them all the time and have lots of fond memories :\
mainly i'm just unrealistically paranoid and afraid to go outside, sleep all day, and stay up all night. blah.

after taking all that time off school, though, i get to choose a room and classes next week! excited.

KaptainKrunch

Smash Cadet
hiya! welcome to spam central, please turn your post count up to 40/page in your user CP so that you don't want to kill yourself from having to click next page so much. Feel free to ignore any and all posts, nothing important is really said here anyway.

Now that you're up to speed, where in CT are you from and are you a Melee or Brawl player?
Both, better at brawl then melee. My mains are SMBB: Kirby, ZSS, and Captain Falcon. SMBM: Kirby, Captain Falcon, Falco

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Both, better at brawl then melee. My mains are SMBB: Kirby, ZSS, and Captain Falcon. SMBM: Kirby, Captain Falcon, Falco
Two questions:

Why Kirby in Melee?

Why Falcon in Brawl?

Brawl Falcon literally has like 1-2 options to approach being with grab and like uair or maybe nair...all of which are pretty bad. ummm I don't know maybe its because I play Marth in Brawl and it's easily a 75-25 or even 80-20 marth. It's so dumb.

Kirby in Melee really only has tilts, bair, and uair and other than that is god awful.

What part of CT are you from?

Akuma is awesome.

Aesir-I know how to play Falcon and Ganon. :mad: They are like my favorite match ups. lol.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'm starting to love Community just as much as The Office as well. Idk how I feel about Parks & Recreation. Sometimes it's hilarious, but other times I walk away feeling... was that supposed to be funny, I don't even know.

30 Rock is great too >.>
parks and recreation:

my overall enjoyment of the show increases with the amount of time that Rashida Jones is on screen. I have like the biggest crush on her EVAR. I kinda watch the show just to see her.

anyone watch modern family?

KaptainKrunch

Smash Cadet
Two questions:

Why Kirby in Melee?

Why Falcon in Brawl?

Brawl Falcon literally has like 1-2 options to approach being with grab and like uair or maybe nair...all of which are pretty bad. ummm I don't know maybe its because I play Marth in Brawl and it's easily a 75-25 or even 80-20 marth. It's so dumb.

Kirby in Melee really only has tilts, bair, and uair and other than that is god awful.

What part of CT are you from?

Akuma is awesome.

Aesir-I know how to play Falcon and Ganon. :mad: They are like my favorite match ups. lol.
Falcon in brawl is just for fun really, I know his priority is in the ****ter but oh well. Kirby in Melee cause I been Kirby since the first game and so I felt obligated to master him lol.

I'm from Madison btw, My friends are HUGE brawlers and 2 of my friends play competitively.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm from Madison btw, My friends are HUGE brawlers and 2 of my friends play competitively.
I'm from East Haven and live like 20 minutes away from you.

I play Brawl, Melee, Smash 64, Street Fighter, and basically any fighter.

We should hangout and play sometime. i play Marth in both Brawl and Melee.

PM me your # if you want and i'll give you a call.

KaptainKrunch

Smash Cadet
I'm from East Haven and live like 20 minutes away from you.

I play Brawl, Melee, Smash 64, Street Fighter, and basically any fighter.

We should hangout and play sometime. i play Marth in both Brawl and Melee.

PM me your # if you want and i'll give you a call.
Nice man, I play some SF4 but mostly MvC2 and Brawl of course!

cant do anything this weekend but next one yea we should brawl it up

Top Bottom