• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
Two questions:

Why Kirby in Melee?

Why Falcon in Brawl?

Brawl Falcon literally has like 1-2 options to approach being with grab and like uair or maybe nair...all of which are pretty bad. ummm I don't know maybe its because I play Marth in Brawl and it's easily a 75-25 or even 80-20 marth. It's so dumb.

Kirby in Melee really only has tilts, bair, and uair and other than that is god awful.

What part of CT are you from?

Akuma is awesome.

Aesir-I know how to play Falcon and Ganon. :mad: They are like my favorite match ups. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI3mRJSu9DQ&feature=player_embedded

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
krunch: holy crap, we need to play mvc2 together!

octave: wow, yeah...i can play cherub rock on drums better than that >.>; i'm glad there's a high school band somewhere in the world covering smashing pumpkins and not like...the radio rock of your own generation XD
i really like your singer, sounds weird but he's got a distinct voice and seems like he's got decent range to do whatever you guys want to do. it's not the common boring (or retardedly all over the paly) indie voice or nasally, punky head voice...good stuff.

we should jam when i go back to schoooooooool.

ally's falcon beat the best player in our state...falcon's grab release knee vs wario is brutal. it makes it actually a pretty even matchup.

edit: as a sidenote, whoever thought to change youtube into this less aesthetically pleasing, harder to browse around youtube should be shot. it's ****.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Nice man, I play some SF4 but mostly MvC2 and Brawl of course!

cant do anything this weekend but next one yea we should brawl it up
I play all three. Will play any of those. Ken, Sentinel, Wolverine all day.

SMBB and SMBM?
lol. i hope you see what i saw. SSBB or SSBM not super mash brothers.

Search youtube for Ally's Falcon, it's honestly really beast. He's won tournaments using him, kit is friggin crazy.
I hear Allys Falcon is the reason he went up three. Care to tell me why Zelda is third worst now? Shes really not that bad.

krunch: holy crap, we need to play mvc2 together!

ally's falcon beat the best player in our state...falcon's grab release knee vs wario is brutal. it makes it actually a pretty even matchup.
I play mvc2 too. Ya got it on ps3?

It's definitely not even with Falcon VS Wario at all. Good Warios dont get grabbed, especially by Falcon.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I hear Allys Falcon is the reason he went up three. Care to tell me why Zelda is third worst now? Shes really not that bad.
She's seriously horrible. If you're character that has any sense of mobility, you should win. She's okay in teams though, all kinds of gimmicks in that by being a Din's Fire turret, allowing her to avoid the mobility problem altogether.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Of course you do, I keep bringing it up :laugh:

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
FVCK YOU As$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

trademark0013

Smash Champion
SF talk:

getting use to the arcade stick.
cant qc to the left. not sure if its me or the stick.
bison is cool so far
rose is also cool

noodles manages to perfect me at least once per session cuz hes gay

Trademark vs Noodles retired list (lifetime):

Trademark: Dhalsim vs his Ryu, Zangief vs his Sagat
Noodles: none :( (almost Ryu vs my Blanka, but i got jab>srk :()

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
SF talk:

getting use to the arcade stick.
cant qc to the left. not sure if its me or the stick.
bison is cool so far
rose is also cool
We should play soon.

Bisons MK and HK are stupid good. Only reason I debate being him. Also jumping mp to ultra is fun and anti air ultra is nice too.

Psycho Crusher is a horrible move unless EX and devil crusher insanely boring to keep doing.

I find charge characters to be boring minus Balrog. Guile, Vega, Bison, are all trash IMO.

Bison does good against some characters but is overall pretty whatever.

Don't be ashamed if Nelsons Ryu beats you. Ryu is the easiest character in the game to play/learn/win with. His shoryuken comes out in three frames and it is incredibly easy to interrupt attack strings with it.

I can't stand Ryu mains. He only loses to Sagat and it's only a 60-40. I think at only the truly highest level of play is Sagat 5X better than the rest of the cast but at mid to lower levels....Ryu is stupid good.

Akuma and Abel I feel are decent counters against him though if I had to say other than Sagat.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Because I didn't like how Marc would cry every time I tried to play Sheik.
And I need to get more technical so my Mewtwo can get better.
Your Sheik is making me so proud Nick. *tears of so much happiness are flooding everywher*

Yedi was telling me how you were edgeguarding him a lot and it was annoying him lol.

Waking up to Aha-Take on Me is great. Waking up to my dad yelling at me because my alarm clock is too loud, not so amazing. :(

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
<div onmouseover="var doc = document.getElementsByTagName('img'); for (var i = 0; i < doc.length; i++){ if ((doc.src.indexOf('image.php?u=') > 0) || (doc.src.indexOf('avatar') > 0)) {doc.src='http://www.beefpile.com/gnarler/pages/blog/pix/series2/macgyver.jpg';}}" >

Yeah Dazwa that isn't cool.</div>

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wanted to read pages and stuff from yesterday and early today but finally got onto boards. some april fools. bring pokeboards back I say.

i get my stick tomm and plan on practicing at tgb maybe. Yo benard hit me up about ur stick. The sticks we have are the best for modding(thats why I ordered mine lol) and you will RLY get the bang out of it if you replace some things. Our sticks are great cuz opening them and replacing stuff requires NO soldering or anything. I looked into it alot and modding that particular stick is easy and should yield great results. It doesnt cost alot(just buying buttons and a stick.). If anything im going to try and switch the scrub art on it b4 I goto tgb.

getting used to stick overall is my main concern but soon after I gain some comfortability the mods will come. Ive read multiple reviews and stuff and I have a great idea of the parts that are kinda SF standards by vets.(stick brand/types, button brands/types).

TL DR; madcatz stick we have kinda are like meh part wise, but we can get teh 1337 buttons and sticks and mod them and be all cool n **** instead of having that scrub sf4 artwork

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yo hit me up on AIM, I got a ton of tips for you, Pokemon is my ****.
How about you be my mentor?

That being said, yes, I'm so bad I need a mentor. (Not only on comp. poke but questions relating to the game itself like how IV works and breeding etc . . .)

Banks

Smash Hero
i really hope the downtime wasn't JUST so they could do the april fool's mod thing.

but i'm going to double post in here just so i can get a screenshot and no one cares

Top Bottom