• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So the Warwick Mall, fifteen minutes from my house, is flooded with like five feet of water. Me and my friends waded (we stayed in the shallow part mostly) out into the parking lot and sat on the roof of a submerged car last night.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
However, they opened up this season with "I'm Ron ****ing Swanson," so I've been watching it every week, hoping to hear something of similar hilarity :laugh:
Lol funny how that's actually the same reason I have for sticking around and watching this season XD
parks and recreation:

my overall enjoyment of the show increases with the amount of time that Rashida Jones is on screen. I have like the biggest crush on her EVAR. I kinda watch the show just to see her.
I'm just always gonna call her Karen until the day she dies. She is kinda hot though...

Leah Dizon > Karen though :p

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cog, you should do the same. Also I can grow a stubble. It's just not very heavy/you can't really tell I have facial hair unless I grow out when I have some legitimate hairs on my face lol. Would you recommend me shaving when the hair comes out or when the stubble comes out and the hairs are starting to come out. I'll start logging my progress for a week of how my hair grows LOL.
what do you mean by "hairs"? like long-azz hairs that come out of your face in addition to stubble? don't do that. don't EVER do that. shave when the stubble is legit.

post questioning me
***** plz

now begins 200 hours of editing?
film hasn't even been shipped to be developed yet :( she's mad behind because of the shooting delays :( but yeah, we're going to buy a macbook pro and avid so she can edit not at school.

:laugh:

Lost is really starting to pick up now, Chuck keeps getting better, I'm starting to like Community more than the Office, and I ****ing love the Office.

Too bad that's like a gillion hours of TV :ohwell:
When Community is ON, it's the best comedy on TV. <3 all thursday night NBC

Dylan I love you also. Community has been my favorite comedy for a while. I kind of want to watch Lost... thoughts?
uh do it?

parks and recreation:

my overall enjoyment of the show increases with the amount of time that Rashida Jones is on screen. I have like the biggest crush on her EVAR. I kinda watch the show just to see her.

anyone watch modern family?
modern family *****... Imma new convert. I was almost hyperventilating at the end of the last episode (the cupcakes part) I was laughing so hard.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hooooly ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYhjriLt6k

Nick why would you ever quit Mewtwo for Sheik.
Because I didn't like how Marc would cry every time I tried to play Sheik.
And I need to get more technical so my Mewtwo can get better.

I'm from Madison btw, My friends are HUGE brawlers and 2 of my friends play competitively.
YES. ANOTHER SMASHER WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF ME.
I'll be back in Killingworth in May.

if you go, you should stay with nick the night b4.
^ THIS SO HARD!!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
So the Warwick Mall, fifteen minutes from my house, is flooded with like five feet of water. Me and my friends waded (we stayed in the shallow part mostly) out into the parking lot and sat on the roof of a submerged car last night.
Yeah we're getting ***** in RI. I went to my 8AM lab yesterday and an announcement was made at 11AM that all classes afterward were canceled. Then this morning the governor shut down everything, and classes tomorrow are also canceled.

Anime Boston Friday, so... 5 day weekend basically?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I gotta pack for tomorrow, starting my trek to Hynes, then to Mafia's house. Then back to Hynes Friday morning and getting to work. Free food makes it worth it though!

Speaking of food, I feel like puking. T-T...

But earlier I got Shino Stalling down pat, and I'm keeping up with Yedi a lot better now. Woo!
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
You guys should have been in Boston a week ago for PAX.

Then I could have seen y'all. Not just a vision-impaired Commando, a Ski-Jump champion and a dude named for having red hair who most assuredly does not have red hair anymore. Oh, and Rockin.

Octave

Smash Ace
Hooooly ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYhjriLt6k

Nick why would you ever quit Mewtwo for Sheik.
Almost makes me want to play Mewtwo ;__; it's so beautiful.

Two questions:

Why Kirby in Melee?

Why Falcon in Brawl?

Brawl Falcon literally has like 1-2 options to approach being with grab and like uair or maybe nair...all of which are pretty bad. ummm I don't know maybe its because I play Marth in Brawl and it's easily a 75-25 or even 80-20 marth. It's so dumb.

Kirby in Melee really only has tilts, bair, and uair and other than that is god awful.

What part of CT are you from?

Akuma is awesome.

Aesir-I know how to play Falcon and Ganon. :mad: They are like my favorite match ups. lol.
Here's a better question. SMBB and SMBM?

You guys should go to

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9125

it's gonna be big
I would totally go except for the one glaring problem.

Octave

Smash Ace
My band finally recorded something. I'd like to point out that this is a DEMO at the moment, and it is also a cover of the Smashing Pumpkins song, Cherub Rock. My older brother is on vocals and me and the rest of the guys are everything else. No, I'm not playing the solos, lol.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bvbk

We have a ton of studio time available so we're going to have more **** soon. Tell me what you think.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
My band finally recorded something. I'd like to point out that this is a DEMO at the moment, and it is also a cover of the Smashing Pumpkins song, Cherub Rock. My older brother is on vocals and me and the rest of the guys are everything else. No, I'm not playing the solos, lol.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bvbk

We have a ton of studio time available so we're going to have more **** soon. Tell me what you think.
Drummer needs some work.

gotpho

Smash Cadet
Yeah we're getting ***** in RI. I went to my 8AM lab yesterday and an announcement was made at 11AM that all classes afterward were canceled. Then this morning the governor shut down everything, and classes tomorrow are also canceled.

Anime Boston Friday, so... 5 day weekend basically?
Aren't you lucky T.T ?

I will have to pick up my badge on Friday because of classes.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
so, i got heartgold at work. someone teach me how to be good at pokemon.
get a gyarados and a gengar lol

film hasn't even been shipped to be developed yet :( she's mad behind because of the shooting delays :( but yeah, we're going to buy a macbook pro and avid so she can edit not at school.
oOo does that mean its 35mm? I'm only familiar with mini dv and logging it straight to computer. My gf does quite a bit of filming also

Drummer needs some work.
agreed - timing is a little off esp in the beginning
vocals need some reverb and layering - even billy corgan used plenty :)
other than that <3 the song and would like to hear an original

Octave

Smash Ace
Lol yeah the timing is off in the beginning. I talked to the drummer just now and he tells me that he was kinda cramped behind the drumset, which I believe. It was set up in a pretty small room. He also says it wasn't really a factor, but he also gave blood that day.

We'll be doing the original next since we've got a ton of time. The thing is it doesn't have lyrics yet :p

Edit:
I play both, but I am better at brawl than melee.

I recently, (this past year) started playing melee more often.
Call me picky but the abbreviations are incorrect. That was my point :x

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Is anyone else going to Vernon this Friday? I'll be there, although I'll mainly be playing Guilty Gear.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol yeah the timing is off in the beginning. I talked to the drummer just now and he tells me that he was kinda cramped behind the drumset, which I believe. It was set up in a pretty small room. He also says it wasn't really a factor, but he also gave blood that day.
Is your drummer's name John?
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
a Ski-Jump champion
I'm probably going to wear that medal to every tournament I go to.

Brawl Falcon literally has like 1-2 options to approach being with grab and like uair or maybe nair...all of which are pretty bad. ummm I don't know maybe its because I play Marth in Brawl and it's easily a 75-25 or even 80-20 marth. It's so dumb.
Search youtube for Ally's Falcon, it's honestly really beast. He's won tournaments using him, kit is friggin crazy.

Also Kirby is totally legit in Melee. Score a win with him, don't let the other guy live it down for the rest of time. (hi irish)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lololololol I remember this.
-DD
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Of course you do, I keep bringing it up :laugh:

Octave

Smash Ace
Yeah, and then you got better.
-DD
I was playing Jiggs today on Trevor's team and rested him and Will at the same time. :D We won that one. Silly kid doesn't know how to play Sheik.

Then at the end of the next match, he grabbed the guy on the wrong side so I ran up to them both and rested. Somehow, Trevor perfect guarded the rest and I hit the other guy (As I recall it was PeachDan) without jumping.

Jiggs is easy, idk what you're talking about, Dustin.

Top Bottom