• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
Welcome to the greatest place on all of SWF!
Come be our friend...we're usually nice, or at least I am

(Drawing courtesy of _milktea)

Update 9/3/2014:

So as most of you noticed, the single greatest thread on Smash boards isn't quite what it used to be. Most of CT's scene can be found on Facebook in these two groups

CT Melee: https://www.facebook.com/groups/338221943012852/
New England Melee: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewEnglandMelee/

I have lived in San Diego for about 5 years now, but I am still in contact with the all of the old core that made up the Melee scene in CT. If you reach out to me, I will do my best to put you in contact with someone in CT (please note I am on here about once every 6 months) <3

Miss you all.

Connecticut Player Finder -2/27/08-

(Click here for a current list of players in Connecticut)

Last edited:

BlazeHawk

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to the smash scene (even though I've been playing for a while). I'm not very good, just a mid-level player. I'm striving to get better, although my progress is a tad stunted by a severe lack of competitors in my immediate area. However, I'm making the best of it and hope to find and compete in some local tournaments and smash-fests to get some experience against other, better people. Well, there's just some quick backround info on me.

Mike (nickname Hawk) - Not really sure - Stonington

Heroic BlackMage

Smash Rookie
Stonington is in the far south-east corner of CT. It's about a 20 minutes from New London, and about an hour from Guilford. It's also about an hour from Hartford.

Edit: Woops...I just realized I accidentally logged in and posted with my brother's (BlazeHawk) old account >__>

BlazeHawk

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah, an hour isn't too far. I'm within an hour from everyone aside from Blue and Gold, who I'm about 2 hours from. Not bad at all. I'd definately try to make one of the upcoming smashfests...but unfortunately I can't. Both those dates happen to fall within a two-week family vacation to wisconsin (to visit some relatives). I'm leaving the 3rd and coming back the 16th T_T

Well, hopefully I'll be around for future smashfests, and until then I'll work on improving my game ;)

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Rep - Luigi / Marth, East haddam, CT (Far away from EVERYTHING!!!) Aim: Bmm133T

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Jvsmooth- Peach/Mario/Link/etc. Hartford. My aim is Jvsmooth on aim. I'm always down to smash so hit me up on here or there.

_V_

Smash Ace
Updated!

And sweet, it looks like we have a decent amount of people from the Hartford area. We should all play more :D Work ends for me on August 4th. I am free pretty much any day after that.

PS- Everyone should go to Lock's smashfest Aug. 5th and Viva La Smash at Blue's Aug. 15-16!

Aiser

Smash Lord
Can't believe I forgot to do this, lol.

Name: Aesir/I love Lamp
Character: Link/Marth
AIM: Fallenpiratevyse

_V_

Smash Ace
Updated... Aesir, did you mean I Love Lamp? I thought you did, and if so I didn't realize that was you. We played at III.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. ^^ Yay!!!

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
Name : V (no relation)
Character : Sheik+Zelda/Link/Ganondorf/Young Link
I Live in Weston, near Norwalk, with 5 other smashers.
AIM - keeevster

keeperofthekeys

Smash Cadet
how dare V (not you, linkatink) group me with him. thats an insult. thats almost dirty.

name: keeperofthekeys
character: jigglypuff/marth/fox
Weston
aim - keeperofthekeys

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Lax = my lvl 60 warrior on WoW >_> - but yeah.. V is already kinda taken, thats just weird, - W is like 2 V's put together, eh, eh?

Aiser

Smash Lord
DOUBLE V WIN...

ROFL SPAM
Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

<_< Shminkle did it!

keeperofthekeys

Smash Cadet
i am the key master. its just that i play the keyboard in our band. the keeperofthekeys can also be shortened to the KOK. much more catchy that way.

i guess i'll have to call linkatink xlax. thats a solid name.

oh yeah, weston crew can destroy all competition. i cant get there on the 15th, but the crew will represent.

keeperofthekeys

Smash Cadet
i wish i could MM but they probably will, ill be on a adventure in the middle of the mountains in new hampshire. no electricity for two weeks. i feel as if i'll go on smash withdrawal.

Top Bottom