• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Octave

Smash Ace
>_> Hm.

I might be able to put up free passes to Anime Boston like I do for CTCon.

I get to stay at Irish Mafia's for the Weekend. Be jealous.

And I love you too Roman!
-DD
Free passes to Anime Boston? I probably still couldn't get a ride up there and I have no money to spend anyway. No need for this for me.

two of my family members in mexico just got assassinated by a drug cartel. i'm pretty shaken :(
This is :(

Today is a pretty ****ing great day. [/sarcasm]

Roman.

Smash Champion
Dammn,, look at this hate. I got nothing against the kid, I guess I just don't see why someone would ever plank/platform camp nonstop in friendlies, but to each his own. I tend to just troll everyone, you shoudl realize this now wes.
to help u with practice on how to get around it so when a sheik does it to u in tournament... you're prepared

otg

Smash Master
*Skips POF posts*

*Skips responses to POF posts*

All caught up.
We should all follow this mentality.

to help u with practice on how to get around it so when a sheik does it to u in tournament... you're prepared
Yeah that's fair. I'm not disagreeing with the idea of practicing it, I just find it boring and a lil disrespectful in friendlies... tho at the time I was getting around it so he probably wanted to keep trying it to see what he was doing wrong.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LOL @ Jam. So apparently it's really hard to censor dodge now LOL. I tried to do it in my post to POF. So i had a paragraph for the mods. ;)

to practice how they would play in tournament.. so when they have a tournament match, they can execute well.
That's what I used to do. Because I stopped doing it I've been messing up a lot of technical things I used to normally get. So, I'm back to being annoying to play in friendlies... except vs Cort since he won't play me if I do that to him LOL. I'm really glad he agreed on my variation of chaingrabbing. <3 you Cort. <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I hope you're joking. You really don't like comedies, do you? Thats the whole point of a comedy....to laugh. Not to have an epic storyline or plot.

I'm sure you hate Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and Airplane! too?

You're hurting my feelings Seb.
A good comedy will make you laugh, but a good movie will stay with you more. Why settle for a completely stupid movie like Zoolander with no plot (and very few laughs) when you could watch much better comedies that are also great movies?

Take a look at one of your examples! AIRPLANE! That movie is COMPLETELY stupid BUT it is HILARIOUS all the way through. Zoolander is NOT hilarious for most of the film, I don't think you can possibly list them in the same category.

And stupid comedies with no plot have been done to death before, when it actually has a decent plot it becomes something much more. Look at Groundhog Day or Dr. Strangelove, or hell even The Hangover, ALL have PLOTS to go along with the comedy. EVEN Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz have plots and are actually brilliant ones considering they are parodies. Zoolander tried to be something of a parody and failed miserably imo

Also, anyone that calls Melee repetitive has never played Street Fighter or ANY other competitive game for that matter.

Niko45

Smash Master
A good comedy will make you laugh, but a good movie will stay with you more. Why settle for a completely stupid movie like Zoolander with no plot (and very few laughs) when you could watch much better comedies that are also great movies?

Take a look at one of your examples! AIRPLANE! That movie is COMPLETELY stupid BUT it is HILARIOUS all the way through. Zoolander is NOT hilarious for most of the film, I don't think you can possibly list them in the same category.

And stupid comedies with no plot have been done to death before, when it actually has a decent plot it becomes something much more. Look at Groundhog Day or Dr. Strangelove, or hell even The Hangover, ALL have PLOTS to go along with the comedy. EVEN Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz have plots and are actually brilliant ones considering they are parodies. Zoolander tried to be something of a parody and failed miserably imo

Also, anyone that calls Melee reptitive has never played Street Fighter or ANY other competitive game for that matter.
I was with you on Zoolander not being that great and then you went and said the Hangover was something other than complete trash. The gas station scene in zoolander > the entire Hangover movie.

otg

Smash Master
Zombieland was funny, I was just hoping for more Zombies. I loved zoolander when it was released, haven't really seen it since then, but one of my faves is def Anchorman. How could we all forget about Ron Burgundy?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
SleepyK- Sorry I've been only focusing on POF posts for really commenting since I'm also studying at the same time xD. I liked that youtube video you posted. I found it hilarious to the situation you were trying to have it go with LOL. Also I loved Zombieland. I like mindless comedies a lot but that's because for the majority I dislike thinking/critical thinking because I don't like to use my brain LOL.

Seb- You make me realize that there are so many movies I need to see LOL. Could you just like take about a full month and just attatch all good movies you think of in that time and just send me that list.

Cog, you should do the same. Also I can grow a stubble. It's just not very heavy/you can't really tell I have facial hair unless I grow out when I have some legitimate hairs on my face lol. Would you recommend me shaving when the hair comes out or when the stubble comes out and the hairs are starting to come out. I'll start logging my progress for a week of how my hair grows LOL.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So we got like 7 inches of rain in the last 48 hours. Parts of RI are being evacuated.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
533 different accounts have posted in the CT thread.

179 of those accounts have only one post.

More than half of the accounts have posted ten or less times.

The top ten accounts in the CT thread make up 36% of the posts.

It is a slow day at work.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Jam I ****ing love you so much. People don't post this enough. I think i post this like monthly... but it's still not enough. I'm sorry Jam. I really do <3 you though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hiya! welcome to spam central, please turn your post count up to 40/page in your user CP so that you don't want to kill yourself from having to click next page so much. Feel free to ignore any and all posts, nothing important is really said here anyway.

Now that you're up to speed, where in CT are you from and are you a Melee or Brawl player?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
533 different accounts have posted in the CT thread.

179 of those accounts have only one post.

More than half of the accounts have posted ten or less times.

The top ten accounts in the CT thread make up 36% of the posts.

It is a slow day at work.
awww shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

swiftbass, i'm comin for you *****

Octave

Smash Ace
Cog, you should do the same. Also I can grow a stubble. It's just not very heavy/you can't really tell I have facial hair unless I grow out when I have some legitimate hairs on my face lol. Would you recommend me shaving when the hair comes out or when the stubble comes out and the hairs are starting to come out. I'll start logging my progress for a week of how my hair grows LOL.
Are you shaving on the assumption that growing it out and then shaving will make it come in thicker?

That doesn't work.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Are you shaving on the assumption that growing it out and then shaving will make it come in thicker?

That doesn't work.
How do you know? Have you been trying to grow beards/been growing beards for over 20someodd years like a certain someone who has sage wisdom?

No?

STFU SCRUB!I still have <3 for you though ;)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Top Bottom