• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
wow

I am so incredibly disappointed with how horrible Breaking Bad has become

the only thing only remotely redeeming about it is Bryan Cranston's performance

were all writers just completely out of their goddam minds or were they all smoking the same sh*t LOST writers smoke

ugh what a bad show

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
wow

I am so incredibly disappointed with how horrible Breaking Bad has become

the only thing only remotely redeeming about it is Bryan Cranston's performance

were all writers just completely out of their goddam minds or were they all smoking the same sh*t LOST writers smoke

ugh what a bad show
That's disappointing to hear, I was considering watching Breaking Bad after I finished The Wire.

@Hazy- Is Valkyria Chronicles that good? i bought it two weeks ago, but I haven't started playing it yet.

Octave

Smash Ace
and octave: valkyria chronicles, devil may cry 4, fear 1/2, killzone 2, tekken 6, little big planet, ratchet and clank future: tod, uncharted 1/2, ninja gaiden sigma, mgs4, disgaea 3, infamous, mirror's edge, blazblue, sf4, marvel ultimate alliance 2, sonic the hedgehog (the one that is plainly titled, the others...so bad), saints row 2, RE5, fallout 3, eternal sonata, arkham asylum...that's all i can think of atm for my library/list of stuff i want that's not in my library.

edit: top 10 to make it easier (in no particular order)- valkyria chronicles, fear 2, killzone 2, tekken 6, little big planet, uncharted 2, infamous, blazblue, fallout 3 (prefer it on PC, though), mgs4
I have MGS4 (haven't played the other metal gears, though), BlazBlue I have on the 360 (though I never play it), I tried Fallout 3 and hated it (in b4 flames), and my friend owns Fear 2 so I'll borrow that from him.

I'm more of an RPG guy, though. I wish that Tales of Vesperia would come out in the US on PS3 but I think its only for Japan :(. The ones in the top 10 I have heard good things about but I want to borrow/rent them first, and the Hollywood Video here is closing so borrowing is my only real option at this point. I learned the hard way about buying games from Baroque on the Wii. God **** that game was so bad. We tricked Best Buy to get the money back. :s

ITT worst games you've ever bought and wish you hadn't.

edit: lmfao http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/40236/halo/videos/halomovie_trl_040110.html?show=hi

Aesir

Smash Master
Because Melees tiers are so rigid you can consider 7th to be mid tier almost. LOL. Everyone plays god-top tier in teams (Peach, Jigs, Fox) so Marth really does not do as well VS those teams.
I'm asking you, how do you apply that number to marth? you haven't addressed that.

LOL, what are you talking about? Pretty sure when it matters and when it is a mm or tournament I step it up.
MM?

Because you play me all the time, ima right?

Stop.
Start.

Also, picked up Seth in SF IV. Hes definitely more campy than Akuma is and I really love him. He literally covers all options pretty much against a good 3/4ths of the cast and his Ultra is underrated. I played with this kid Brian last night from New London who is really good and his Seth was destroying me all night. In watching him, I learned how to play Seth and just won 8 in a row online. LOL.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
You guys need to consider that Marth's CGs, edgeguarding, range, coverage, grab game (you know the things that make him good), just plain don't matter as much in teams unless your teamate can keep your opponent's teammate completely locked down, in which case you shouldn't be losing anyway. As Hazy pointed out, Marth needs time to do serious damage, time being something you rarely have a lot of in teams.

Imo Azen plays Marth in teams pretty much perfectly. He basically makes a huge nuisance of himself, waiting and letting Chillin **** people, killing anybody who gets hit toward him and mostly just being where he's needed rather than trying to do a ton of damage by himself.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The worst game I ever bought? Dark Cloud.

But they made up for it because Dark Cloud 2 was ****ing awesome.

And I'm still waiting for Dark Cloud 3.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
lolololololollololololllllllllllllllllllllllllll
roflolrforlfofrlforlforfloflforlforlof
hahahaaaahahahhahahahaaahah
seriously i can't ****ing stop giggling at this
aesir is troll-proof.

@Hazy- Is Valkyria Chronicles that good? i bought it two weeks ago, but I haven't started playing it yet.
if you hadn't heard i have a hard-on for tactical rpgs and turn-based strategies, so my input may be a little biased. i really do love it, though, it's honestly the only 7th gen tactical rpg that is even decent, IMO, and it's beastly. it's so stupid huge in japan that it got its own anime o.0
it is pretty original both in storyline and in gameplay, so if you're ready to play something different, definitely hit it up. it's like if all you knew about pokemon was that it's an rpg and you played it...that's like only knowing valkyria chronicles' genre. it's hard to describe, but it combines turn-based roleplaying with tactical shooting elements...if you've ever played a hunter in wow (e.g....if you've ever played wow) you'll get used to the line-of-sight conditions rather quickly.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You guys need to consider that Marth's CGs, edgeguarding, range, coverage, grab game (you know the things that make him good), just plain don't matter as much in teams unless your teamate can keep your opponent's teammate completely locked down, in which case you shouldn't be losing anyway. As Hazy pointed out, Marth needs time to do serious damage, time being something you rarely have a lot of in teams.

Imo Azen plays Marth in teams pretty much perfectly. He basically makes a huge nuisance of himself, waiting and letting Chillin **** people, killing anybody who gets hit toward him and mostly just being where he's needed rather than trying to do a ton of damage by himself.
I heard Dave is pretty smart. He should be in the Melee backroom.

So some friends of mine do a big mixtape swap every summer and normally I think it's the most insufferably hipster thing EVER but I think I'm going to do it this year and just do a crazy chiptune mix to blow some hipster minds. I'm fully expecting the CT thread to provide me with this mix. I also think for the cover I'm going to draw a guy with a gameboy for a head sticking it into an NES which will be where a girl's crotch would be. I realize this makes no sense.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
lolololololollololololllllllllllllllllllllllllll
roflolrforlfofrlforlforfloflforlforlof
hahahaaaahahahhahahahaaahah
seriously i can't ****ing stop giggling at this
aesir is troll-proof.

if you hadn't heard i have a hard-on for tactical rpgs and turn-based strategies, so my input may be a little biased. i really do love it, though, it's honestly the only 7th gen tactical rpg that is even decent, IMO, and it's beastly. it's so stupid huge in japan that it got its own anime o.0
it is pretty original both in storyline and in gameplay, so if you're ready to play something different, definitely hit it up. it's like if all you knew about pokemon was that it's an rpg and you played it...that's like only knowing valkyria chronicles' genre. it's hard to describe, but it combines turn-based roleplaying with tactical shooting elements...if you've ever played a hunter in wow (e.g....if you've ever played wow) you'll get used to the line-of-sight conditions rather quickly.
Yeah, I love SRPGs as well, and everyone who's played Valkyria Chronicles has nothing but great things to say about it.

And Dave, stop making me blush!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
game i will forever wish i never purchased:
sonic shuffle

the game was so bad, official dreamcast magazine gave it 55/100. OFFICIAL DREAMCAST MAGAZINE SAID IT SUCKED. that's bad.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Accepted. Amount?

guess i got better at sf *stretch
Yes, you did get a lot better. Keep in mind a few things

A-Wifi
B-Ryu is incredibly easy. LOL.

Anti Airs: Standing HK, crouching HP, any shoryuken has amazing priority. (only one less option than Sagat)

Ground Game: Mash LP Shoryuken when opponent is applying attack strings. It comes out faster than any other anti air in the game/3 frames (other than Akumas) but has more priority and combo ability. OVERHEAD COMBOS, No need to focus cancel into ultra or even focus cancel EVER unless you attempt grounded shoryuken and you need to focus it to a grab.

Range: HK Hurricane Kick goes through projectiles, best recovery time for normal projectile in the game

Stupid combos that make me cry in laughter: lp hurricane kick to super, EX hurricane in corner to super, lp shoryuken to ultra/super, EX Hadoken to Ultra in corner.

How have you been doing on the trials? I'm curious.

Come to Vernon tonight Garrett and play some Street Fighter

I wish.....the female is coming over tonight.

I got out of work early but dont have a controller/fight stick on me. We'll get together and play very soon hopefully.

noodles

Smash Champion
i stopped playing single player awhile ago but i got a couple characters done. i didnt even unlock seth still lol.

Octave

Smash Ace
The worst game I ever bought? Dark Cloud.

But they made up for it because Dark Cloud 2 was ****ing awesome.

And I'm still waiting for Dark Cloud 3.
I got Dark Cloud for free at Gamestop once (buy 2 used get one free). That was like 2 years ago and I haven't even played it.
come to boston anyone and play sf

and bring a disc

and

an xbox
I ****ing lol'd
if anyone else is coming to tbg bring a setup. smash sf4 whatever. in dire need
Bringing Smash. getting there asap.

noodles

Smash Champion
im gonna play with cody/juri/dudley and see who i like. if not ill probably just keep using ryu.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Yes, you did get a lot better. Keep in mind a few things

A-Wifi
B-Ryu is incredibly easy. LOL.

Anti Airs: Standing HK, crouching HP, any shoryuken has amazing priority. (only one less option than Sagat)

Ground Game: Mash LP Shoryuken when opponent is applying attack strings. It comes out faster than any other anti air in the game/3 frames (other than Akumas) but has more priority and combo ability. OVERHEAD COMBOS, No need to focus cancel into ultra or even focus cancel EVER unless you attempt grounded shoryuken and you need to focus it to a grab.

Range: HK Hurricane Kick goes through projectiles, best recovery time for normal projectile in the game

Stupid combos that make me cry in laughter: lp hurricane kick to super, EX hurricane in corner to super, lp shoryuken to ultra/super, EX Hadoken to Ultra in corner.

How have you been doing on the trials? I'm curious.
i stopped playing single player awhile ago but i got a couple characters done. i didnt even unlock seth still lol.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
im gonna play with cody/juri/dudley and see who i like. if not ill probably just keep using ryu.
Dudley is Sagat tier supposedly. You'll be fine. He combos into ultra like 8 different ways.

5 dollars and your first born.
K

juri looks so broken
Juri is far from broken, nor is she even close to high tier from projections. Shes literally going to be the new Ken. Everyones going to play her and everyones going to learn her shananigans early and **** it.

Shes not going to be bad, but i dont think anything close to top tier. Maybe high? Still early to tell i guess. lol

Im literally dropping Melee for a while to play Street Fighter. Time to play something new.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Double post because it is clearly worth it.

Ryus Shoryuken got nerfed while Kens got buffed. :-) Ryus does less damage and no more of that "jump in to attack ryu!" "Nope, time to trade hits and then do my utra!"

No more ryu shananigans...or LESS shananigans for that matter.

Sagat has less health and I THINK his HK has less range. Nice.

Aesir

Smash Master
So PoF is going to offer his first born son, how morally bankrupt are you man? seriously? and woman sleep with you? (Oh **** my bad there I go assuming things.) Seriously bro, might want to re think your priorities.

Also I've been trolling this guy on facebook all ****ing day and I must say this was the easiest thing in the world to do.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wow this is my first time being able to log on since april fools.

I dunno how I am getting there nelson. i **** sure aint driving so most likely by plane.

CAT FIGHT HOPE U STILL LURK HERE..........ARE THERE SF4 TOURNEYS IN MILFORD STILL?

Top Bottom