• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i think meta night will be ok. But pretty slow in speed terms he has fast attack but lacks speed( i need my speed :))

(um i guess i look at the bomb omb:confused: )

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
thats a good assumption but when he was gliding and running it looked slow to me :)

here something i got from wikapedia.com
"In August 2006, Sakurai and Miyamoto stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character to be included.[25] Around the same period of time, Tips & Tricks reported that Miyamoto has stated Nintendo has actually contacted Sega regarding this, and that they're awaiting a final decision.[26] Then, in the October 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, he mentioned that, "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast." An article in the first issue of a Swedish Nintendo Magazine named +N makes a report that the known confirmed characters will be in Brawl, along with Sonic the Hedgehog as a playable character,[27] though the magazine's credibility is questioned. Yojiro Ogawa, the director and producer of Sonic and the Secret Rings was asked by the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine about to see Sonic appear in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl and he said: "In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sonic and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!"[28] Yuji Naka, former head of Sonic Team and the chief of PROPE has said that he wants to see Sonic in the next game. When IGN asked in an interview about the upcoming Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games as to whether or not Sonic would be seen appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo Europe marketing director Laurent Fischer stated, "That's not on the cards at the moment."[29] As of June 2007, it is still unknown whether or not Sonic will be included in the final production."

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll say that meta-knight will be a little heavier than Kirby is(obvious) but still lighter than some of the rest, and as for his attacks and speed I assume they will be fast but lacking in power.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Look at this. A measly trailer(from last year) and everyone is hyped because MK speed attacks and combos. Pit will pwn but what I want to know is when he blocks Pit's arrow, he turns invisible. What is that?!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The way I see it, it could either be a personalised Shield (like Yoshi's egg, or what we assume will be Snakes box), or a defensive B move in the same fashion as Ness' (except without the healing, though it might have some other special property).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes that is a good idea but it has to have some other ability. Unless, that is just his normal bubble shield and now Yoshi is not a loner.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
could be his b down makes him elussive to projectiles or something that would make sense or it could be a dodge

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
agreed pit has tempory flying ability that can come in handy.. metor cancel fly to the other side of the stage rising bow(JUST IMAGINE) :)

Brawler

Smash Rookie
i do agree that his third jump possibly can be used to cancel a meteor attack, but i dont think he'll be able to fly to the other side of the stage, even if he could, your opponent will make it difficult for you to return.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd like to see more ways to throw,such as adding the input to throw in a direction, but before you throw the person you slam them in the ground or rough them up a bit more than just the few blows you give them before you throw them or let them go.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
That would be interesting. That would also make people with laggy long-reaching throws (Samus, Link) more effective in air combat. And it could make for some awesome combos.

Question: What's up with Bowser? And where's my Meta Knight? I loved him so. (Though I guess having him there looks better next to and makes more sense out of having shelled Bowser as the "User CP" icon.)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why? Because Bowser ROCKS. That's why!

Also, giving everyone mid-air grabs could seriously upset the game.. imagine everyone being able to Kirbycide.
If anything, mid-air grabs could be given to a select few grapplers or something, like Mewtwo.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I just don't see what the big deal about Bowser is. He was a bad character in Melee, he's not that cool, and he wasn't even confirmed for Brawl. I think Meta should come back (or Pit, but Meta Knight, IMO, is awesomer).

Let's get back on subject... oh, confirmed characters... nevermind... we don't really have anything to talk about.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Mine is now Bowser instead of MetaKnight. I like Bowser better but he needs to breath fire. Meta Knight seemed bigger so that is his advantage. I can partially agree with you Dyce.

thrak

Smash Cadet
isnt this a confirmed character discussion?

Anyway, yes, bowser would lok good with some fire (behind or coming out of his mouth), but dont you all think the best rep. for smashboards would be JigglyPuff:laugh::dizzy::psycho:

:(

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Wario's flatulence was shown in the second trailer he did it really fast so it's not really that noticable i brought this up a while ago but i dont think anyone else noticed. Wario looks really slow and bowserish in movement to me.

Depster

Smash Champion
not terribly... And did anyone notice that all the hits (in the trailer) look electrified or cartoony? what's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom