• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icymatt

Smash Lord
One question: Will they announce all characters before release or will we be pleasured to unlock them all to find them all?
Someone will leak them before the game's release, probably from a review copy or an advance copy of the strategy guide.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes...but thats only if that happens because they won't tell hidden characters...(In a GI magazine They said release June 1st...obliviously not true so don't jump up and down if you don't know)

Sensai

Smash Master
Sakurai (I think) has stated that he wants to reveal all the characters in the game before hand, similar to what they did with Melee.

For those who don't know (and please correct me if I'm wrong; I might be), they confirmed one character per week in anticipation of the game, starting however many weeks before hand.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Sakurai (I think) has stated that he wants to reveal all the characters in the game before hand, similar to what they did with Melee.

For those who don't know (and please correct me if I'm wrong; I might be), they confirmed one character per week in anticipation of the game, starting however many weeks before hand.
Mr. Sakurai said that, since everything would be revealed pretty quickly before or around when the game is released (from a leaked copy, review copy, advance copy of the strategy guide etc. as icymatt said), he may very well reveal all the characters, like with SSBM.

The thing about that, though, is that ya, the starting line-up was confirmed on a weekly basis up until the release. They started four months before and did fifteen characters in about sixteen weeks (it wasn't consistently every week). Then the game came out and they revealed Luigi a week later and then showed a new secret character weekly after that.

Interestingly enough, Fox was the first one featured. Anyway...it's hard to tell. Here's the link http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/character.html where you can see the order they were shown. Kinda cool how the characters follow the ordering of returning starters (in their SSB order)-new starters-returning unlockables-new unlockables-clones. And stuff.

GenG

Smash Lord

Was just as that, but not all characters were revealed before launching; Marth, Mr. G&W and the clones were revealed months later.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I really don't want to find out all of the characters in Brawl before i get it, which means a week before Brawl's release I'll have to disappear from this site until I get the game.

GenG

Smash Lord
I was reading the order of the list of characters released for Melee, I found it funny that Sheik and Zelda were released on two separate weeks... and that Sheik was released the week BEFORE Zelda. Wouldn't you think it would be the other way around?
Actually Sheik was one of the first newcomers for Melee (along Bowser, Peach and the IC) shown in E3 2001, and we didn't knew about Zelda after many months later (something about Zelda showing in the characters screen and the Zelda icon appearing over Sheik's %).

It would've interesting to see what if Zelda was made to complement Sheik and not the opposite. Or no Zelda at all.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I really don't want to find out all of the characters in Brawl before i get it, which means a week before Brawl's release I'll have to disappear from this site until I get the game.
I agree...I only want to know dcharacters by comercials(hope it's like the 64 one...)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
To me it would only make me more anxious.

"Character X is in the game! I really want this game now!" *takes weeks to get the game* "MUST....UNLOCK....CHARACTER.....X!!!!"

I'd rather stumble upon the unlockables like in Mario Kart:DD.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What I would like to see is them release all the characters that were in Melee that made it because knowing ahead of time would be less disappointing then going through the whole game and not finding them. I also want to see the starting line up and all the 3rd party characters (I need to know if Sonic made it). Other than that I'd like to stumble upon the rest myself or hear about them from my friend who plays games all day and will have unlocked everything within 2 days of buying it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ummm... no. No one knows. If someone tells you they DO know, they are LYING TO YOU. There is no given release date, just a "TBA 2007" estimate. Any date given to you that doesn't appear straight from the mouth of Sakurai himself is just a theory or dream, either way, it's made up by losers who want to make people think they sound smarter than they actually are.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want Brawl to come out in September since that's when I'm getting my Wii [hopefully], if it comes later I won't be able to get it unless I pay 2 and a half times the price.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I WANT BRAWL NOW!!!

But I don't expect it to be available until... October earliest and December the lastest?

And as for not having a Wii and just having the game, let me tell you I went through that when I reserved my Wii and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess from Coconuts. The **** place gave me Zelda, but I was too far down their Wii list that I had to hold out a whole month to play. It was MADDENING!!! I swear Link's face on the cover was laughing at me for the longest time... sonuvabich...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I WANT BRAWL NOW!!!

But I don't expect it to be available until... October earliest and December the lastest?

And as for not having a Wii and just having the game, let me tell you I went through that when I reserved my Wii and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess from Coconuts. The **** place gave me Zelda, but I was too far down their Wii list that I had to hold out a whole month to play. It was MADDENING!!! I swear Link's face on the cover was laughing at me for the longest time... sonuvabich...
wow,that has to suck.
i say it will come out in auguast

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This thread fails now.

Too many 1 lined posts and spam. Creo's excessive 1 word spam doesn't help things either. I'll come back when there's something to talk about other than spam.

Sensai

Smash Master
Back from a little trip.

Dunno if I posted it in this thread or not, but it's rumored that a new character will be revealed this month.

(not spam!)

Depster

Smash Champion
Yay!!!!!!! I also hope it is Yoshi, i want to see how well they amped him up! He needed a tad bit more in some places

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I don't care which char is revealed, i just wanna master mario cuz he's classic and metaknight cuz hes cool (look at that sword and mask).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Back from a little trip.

Dunno if I posted it in this thread or not, but it's rumored that a new character will be revealed this month.

(not spam!)
Just a quick question, where did you hear that? And LORD I HOPE YOU"RE RIGHT!!!
I'm not sure whether I'd want a returning character or a newcomer. I gotta say I'm a little worried about the lack of support and evidence of DK, so if it's a returner, I hope it's him. As for newcomers... well I guess you can't disappoint if you don't even know who it might be. haha. Well I'd like to see a third party character (Sonic or Megaman!) but I doubt they'll be revealed so early. Soooo... maybe a Fire Emblem character? Or a cartoony character, like Pokemon would be cool.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey Sensai! Word on the street is that you live somewhere near Rochester, or did I hear wrong? I forget, but you might know the guy I heard it from. Tim(USA) is a smasher from the PA/DE border who routinely smashes with Pacman on Crack and Cactuar. I heard from USA that you attended a tournament out in Shippensburg(?) PA a week or two ago and that you two played eachother. He says you're a good smasher.

Anyway, since Sensai produced a rumor, I might as well do the same. After a bit of research at my high school, I found a site imdb dot com. Some of this rumor has circulated, just let me finish. There is a list of voice actors as part of the cast for Brawl, on of whom is listed as the voice actor of Ganondorf. If you check the previous works of Takashi Nagasako, you can clearly see that he has been doing voice-overs of Ganondorf for quite some time now. The voice actor for Mario is also listed, but check his credentials and you find that he's additionally voiced Wario, Luigi, Waluigi, and Baby Mario/Luigi. Note that this confirmes zero of these characters, but it might make you think.

It should also be noted that if you extend the section that lists keywords for "Dai-Ranto Samsh Brothers X", the keywords are as follows: Yoshi, Samus, Pikachu, Nintendo, Snake, Pokemon, Sequal, Kirby, Zelda, Mario. Not all of the confirmed characters are listed, so one can only hope they mean actual Zelda and not the Zelda series or Link. This site was not automatically translated from Japanese or anything of the like, this is an American site for media productions, so the chances of it being a mistranslation are slim.

One last point of interest, I found a page which gives two random facts. They read from the site, ver-batum:

() The idea of characters entering on the floating platforms came from the original Mario bros game for the NES, where Mario and Luigi entered on floating platforms when they died.

() Pit, a new character in the new game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" for the "Nintnedo Wii", was originally supposed to be an unlockable character in "Super Smash Bros.[original]", but due to the sudden yet enormous popularity of Pokemon, he was replaced by Jigglypuff.

So...yeah, don't think too much on any of this, but it was news to me so I figured there might be at least one person here who hadn't heard all this already. Even if you all had, it might stir up some new discussion.

As for myself, I'd like for Nintendo to confirm a different returning character every other week. Assuming that Brawl releases sometime around the end of October, that gives us 11 returning characters by the start of October which, when coupled with the 6 we know already, gives us 16 of the returning characters, or 22 if it released at the end of December. I hope the new release date for Gamestop(9-1-07) is the actual release date, even though the probability of that is slim.

Concerning the next confirmation of characters, I think it should be DK and Yoshi as a pair. Maybe it would be a video of the two sparing for 6 seconds. It just seems like those are two characters that couldn't possibly get cut, so Nintendo doesn't risk runing any surprises by confirming them and we could stop worrying why they have yet to be confirmed.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, the whole IMBd thing comes up all the time. People edit in random stuff for games and movies still production all the time with no basis at all. And, since it doesn't require a source like Wikipedia does and is less moderated, it gets trashed all the time. :/ So yeah.

And I never heard that Mario Bros. thing...that's kinda cool.

knucklesfanatic

Smash Rookie
Yay!!!!!!! I also hope it is Yoshi, i want to see how well they amped him up! He needed a tad bit more in some places
Just rejoice already my friend. of course yoshi will be in brawl no way would they make a Yoshi's island(snes) stage and not have the main dino himself. I just hope he's better in brawl than melee. maybe he can have some powers he did in N64 he was a powerhouse in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom