• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping for most of the SSBM characters to go into Brawl (by that, I don't want Doc, Pichu, GW, or IC. AND NESS. NO NESS.

Sensai

Smash Master
If that's what he meant, he only named 2 clones, and left out a whole bunch. He also named 3 original characters...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
o whoops didnt read that whole sentence o game and watch and ice climbers i think are confirmed of not being in the game period no pichu please he hurts him self and is very light and weak

Depster

Smash Champion
Why doesn't anyone want G&W, IC, or Ness? what is wrong with them? I dont want clones either but those guys are extremely original

Sensai

Smash Master
I want all of them, Depster. I'm unsure why anyone would really want anyone taken out, but Ness? Ice Climbers? Ness is the ORIGINAL weird jumper, and the idea of having a complete moveset based on two people is completely unique to the ICs.

And Red Exodus, that is now in my signature. Not that I ever USE my sig, but...if I did, that'd be there.

Depster

Smash Champion
i want the characters still, just different movesets, i just think it is dumb to have 2 of pretty much the same character

EDIT: they're called special moves for a reason

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol Sensai, I have no idea how I remembered that but all I know is I remember it and it isn't going to be forgotten anytime soon =p

I like Ness, G&W and ICs too. Actually I main ICs [I cant wobble and don't plan to learn it, I'd rather play without that] and I think they are the most original characters in the game.

I remember seeing them in 2001 before I had my own cube and smash and I was like "woah, this game is crazier than the first one! I'm gonna get a gamecube just for this game!" and so I did and here I am :mario:

Depster

Smash Champion
i was joking about that... his b move is useful and will annoy ppl until they lose control and start playing bad, and it starts combos, but otherwise isnt one of my favorite moves of his...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm currently trying to handle the beast that is yoshi. His lack of a 3rd jump makes it extremely difficult to come back to the stage, plus edgeguarding is a little more risky. I'm mastering the egg and his DJC and it's working out, I just need to learn how to keep on the stage and how to edgeguard.

Depster

Smash Champion
keep on the stage by holding down on the control stick for quick downA(no smash) to counter attacks, and when ur juming back on the stage, jump, get right out of range of your opponents attack, and mid-air dogde past your opponent back onto the stage, or just jump really high and Bdown so that you grab the ledge or hit your opponent

That's what i do, it helps me maul a bit more, and the quick and easy downA has good priority and knockback, plus a bit of a spike near the edge. It is as fast as his standard A attack

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
keep on the stage by holding down on the control stick for quick downA(no smash) to counter attacks, and when ur juming back on the stage, jump, get right out of range of your opponents attack, and mid-air dogde past your opponent back onto the stage, or just jump really high and Bdown so that you grab the ledge or hit your opponent

That's what i do, it helps me maul a bit more, and the quick and easy downA has good priority and knockback, plus a bit of a spike near the edge. It is as fast as his standard A attack
Intresting, I'll have to try that out sometime. I'm currently working on my weaker characters so I can get better with them, and possibly have backup for my better characters. Good advice=very useful! Hopefully I can start doing as well with Yoshi as I did with him in SSB 64=my 4th or 5th best. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thanks a lot, I forgot about airdodge and down B. Depending on how high I am I use >B but I guess it's easy to predict and higher levels of play so I'll have to follow your advice.

Depster

Smash Champion
try going against every character with 99 lives, you get better every match, that is what i do, i beat lvl 9 cpu yoshi with 53 lives left, luigi, captain falcon with 49 lives left, fox with 40, peach with 32, and i think im missin a few from my beaten roster

EDIT: my first match was peach, then fox, then someone, then yoshi, then luigi and capt falcon, so i pretty much just keep getting better

reEDIT: Link was the person i forgot, i fought him, too, he got me down to mid 40s i think

Sensai

Smash Master
I live near someone who plays a pro DK, haha. Also plays a mean as **** Yoshi.

He says the biggest problem the Yosh has is his inability to jump out of his shield....and I think I agree. Ya never notice how much that helps until you can't do it anymore...

Depster

Smash Champion
i almost never dont use Yoshi, so im not used to jumping out of shield, but it is probably like that cause his shield lasts a frame longer

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm also not sure why it'd be considered 'lazy'...

Also, some people might want a certain character out in hopes that another character might take its place (Sheik for Midna, for example). Take a character out because it's 'unfair' or 'cheap' (Sheik, again). Perhaps it's due to the fact that the series has evolved past that character (guess who!).

vinnieminnie

Smash Cadet
maybe a stupid question... but do you think falco gets deleted? because he is a clone and all...

because I would have to pick kirby up again:)

oh... there's allready a topic about falco being in brawl or not xD

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't want anyone gone, I thought they would keep everyone and work their way up, but I was wrong.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What I think they should do with the clones as follows is this:

1) Doctor Mario- Meld him with Mario. Take his Pros and put them over Mario's Cons. In turn that would leave a rediculous Mario.

2) Falco- Luigify him a bit. Give him some more original aerial moves. Make his forward B move farther since Fox has the farther up B.

3) Pichu- I heard that IC's were already out (and G&W but I'm using the IC's for a reason) so they should take Pichu out and replace both with a combined version of the two with a duo of Pikachu-esque Pokemon: Plusle and Minun. It would make more sense for them to suck while they were separated as opposed to IC's since Ice Climber was a prodominantly single player game where you only play with one climber at a time.

4) Ganondorf- Luigify him and give him the sword from TP. No need for the root of all evil to follow in the footsteps of a bounty hunter from space. (Like wtf?)

5) Young Link- Same thing with Mario and Doc, put Young Link's Pros over Link's Cons making Link the ultimate character he deserves to be. Also, put in the cel-shaded Link from WW, MC, FS, and PH. He has a lot of interesting and original items in those games that real-world Link never had which could leave options for a very interesting moveset.

6) Roy- I say Luigify him and give that moveset to Ike from the GC and Wii Fire Emblems. Roy was only put in for promotion so he doesn't really need to be in Brawl but he's an interesting and decent character that shouldn't be let go. Giving his "soul" to a character with modern day appeal would give the character a lot of recognition, make many Ike-wanters happy, and keep the spirit of Roy, the strong-handed and fire-blade-weilding Fire Emblem Lord, alive at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom