• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I think Link has been already been melded with Y. link. He seems alot faster than he used to be in Brawl.
Melding Mario and Doc is okay with me. Mario's one of my mains so I wouldn't mind a little more power.
If Falco's in, he should be completely different and not Luigified IMO. but this is a Confirmed character thread so...
I really hope that they don't take out too many characters, especially Ness. I really don't see why everybody's hating on him. He's my second and they could always make him better than what he is. but like I said...this is a CONFIRMED character thread so...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This topic has been discussed to death, we're going on information over a year old, I doubt the mods care if we talk about other stuff here, no matter what you say it has been said before.

If they take out Doc [I'm not defending him] should have to take out YL. No matter which game you name, Link is Link and Mario is Mario. Same goes for Pichu, Pikachu is another form of Pichu so they should do away with him. I don't mind if we get the Pichu bros [how will we tell the diff though?] or Plusle and Minium [I forgot how to spell it].

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm gonna be really surprised if YL isn't made into Cel-shaded Link (they can do that, right? Have a cel-shaded character in a normal game with other non-celled characters?).

I'm going to be really surprised if Roy and Doc are there.

Past that...it's really anyone's guess.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't mind if we get the Pichu bros [how will we tell the diff though?].
Well they both look the same, but I think it's Plusle that has red and a plus sign for a tail, and Minun is blue with a negative sign for a tail. But telling them apart won't be too much of a problem. Just look for the one in front, and the one in the color you chose, just like you would do for the Ice Climbers.

Hmm...I think Link has been already been melded with Y. link. He seems alot faster than he used to be in Brawl.
Melding Mario and Doc is okay with me. Mario's one of my mains so I wouldn't mind a little more power.
If Falco's in, he should be completely different and not Luigified IMO. but this is a Confirmed character thread so...
I really hope that they don't take out too many characters, especially Ness. I really don't see why everybody's hating on him. He's my second and they could always make him better than what he is. but like I said...this is a CONFIRMED character thread so...
I think they did make Link faster and Mario has some of Doc's power already. Check out the opening fight of the second trailer. Mario does his fAir and when his fist makes contact with Kirby over his head, it sends Kirby flying like Doc would have, and on the follow through of the same punch it makes contact with an airborn Pikachu and spikes him down.

I'm gonna be really surprised if YL isn't made into Cel-shaded Link (they can do that, right? Have a cel-shaded character in a normal game with other non-celled characters?).
I'm 100% sure they can do that. Cel-shading is just an art form, it's like taking a cartoon character and putting it in a live action show. Also, if you look at Pokefloats, some of the Pokemon (Psyduck as one example) are cel-shaded.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
This topic has been discussed to death, we're going on information over a year old, I doubt the mods care if we talk about other stuff here, no matter what you say it has been said before.
hmm... I suppose you're right. I won't say anything else about it. but still...

I'm telling u, Captain Olimar for Brawl!!!!
*sigh* sure why not.

I'm not too big on WW link being in Brawl, but I do think Cel-shading would be a nice touch so why not. If he has any chance of being in brawl, I just hope he plays completly different from Link.

Sensai

Smash Master
Access.

And why no Olimar? If you can give me one reason that doesn't suck, I'll take all the Olimar-hate a little more seriously.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Access.

And why no Olimar? If you can give me one reason that doesn't suck, I'll take all the Olimar-hate a little more seriously.
Agreed...
And Dyce...the Pichu Bros aren't Plusle and Minun...I believe one has a scar or something to tell the difference though.

Sensai

Smash Master
The wrath of Koarin said:
Omlar does not any powers of his own
You've spelled his name differently everytime you've tried to say it, and it's been wrong every time, haha.

Clearly, Olimar would have to use Pikmin....you have another reason, right?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't really care if olimar was in. Has anyone came up with a decent moveset with him yet? If so give me a link please :).
Yah...so how bout that Kirby.
TOPIC CHANGE oops :)!!!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well first he can pull them out of the ground(Pikmin). Second, he could use them for jumps as if they chained on to him or through him...Third, he could headbutt, jab, kick etc...His arsenal of attacks would be on the Pikmin.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
For his ^b recovery attack, he could throw a chain of pikmin. kinda works like samus's and the Links' hookshot. IDK.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Yes, people have come up with movesets. Dunno if they're any good (I don't do movesets as they seem like a waste of time), nor do I have any links to one.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Olimar's ok to have for Brawl. I say "OK" as in not great but not bad. Like if he was in it that would be fine, but if he wasn't that would be fine too. And since we're on the topic, is there any news of a new Pikmin coming out for Wii? I loved the first game. Never played the second though...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, at least if any Olimar supporters diss Ridley and say he' too big we can say Olimar is too small. Seriously, he's just a dressed, slightly giant Pikmin. The other Pikmin just felt like doing some body paint parties and the paint never came off and it gave them different powers with each colour.

I'm so serious. Olimar must be pissed that he missed such a slammin' party, which is why he bosses the naked coloured Pikmin around. Ol' dressed, meanie.

If only I was high when I posted this. If only I was high.....

P.S. I have never been high in my life...

P.P.S That I know of...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Way to stay off drugs Red. Dude, do you guys have any idea how hard it is to have your birthday on 4/20 and be sober? I swear on my birthday I get offered to smoke for free by every stoner in my school.

Maybe you weren't on drugs when you wrote this post Red, but man you might need some if this is how you envision Pikmin: a bodypaint orgy for plant people and tiny spacemen who are into domination. Honestly, that never once came across my mind while thinking of Pikmin... like EVER.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think I may have just stubbed across a perfect physcology test for Nintendo gamers! HUZZAH! DIBS!

Who needs drugs when you can think like that with a clear head! :rotfl:

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Heres his Move set:

B: Captain Olimar fires with a space gun that shoots a bouncing orb (kinda like Oro from 3rd strike)

Down B: Olimar plucks pikmin from the ground.

Forward B: He throws pikmin at opponents, if pikmin's miss they follow back to olimar. (like Nana)

Up B: Rocket pack. (Since he's a space man i do see a little jet pack behind him so im like y not)

A: jab, jab, huge headbutt.

Forward A: Mario kick

Down A: Low Kick

Up A: Peach headbutt

Smash Attack: Bowser Headbutt (comes out much faster but hella weaker)

Up Smash: Pichu Headbutt

Down Smash: He's upside down and spins like a top.(the hit is like peach's dsmash)

Jump A: Ness from N64

Fair: Pichu (the hit is not mutiple its just one hit and the power is like ganon's fair)

Uair: Ness Headbutt

Dair: Stomps on u with both feet (meteor)

Grab A: Knees

Throw: Headbutts (Necro from 3rd strike)

UThrow: He does a punch, kick, kick, kick, Uppercut looking like a mini yoda, wait.......yoda is small......oh well(Damage is punch 2% all kicks 1% uppercut is 5%)

Dthrow: Slams'em on the ground like sheik cept he hits them with his elbow.

BThrow: Jigglypuff

Taunt: Gives u thumbs up

Super Move 1000 Pikmin: He whistles and 1000 fill the screen and all u hear is hits as if u were trap in the black hole glitch and then ur opponent goes flying.

When i see COlimar I always say to myself "Man that ***** gots a big f***ing head" so thats where most of his moveset came from.

Hope u like.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
dislike. copying other pplz moves? not creative and dittoing a bunch of chars. besides...wat will his special attack be? a giant pikmin? ugh

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Re: Capt. Olimar, UpB recovery could be double-Pikmin-helicopter although the jetpack seems the most sensible.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I received an email from gamestop telling the release date has been push to september 1 but even they aren't 100% sure either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom