• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
seeing as this thread has gone far off topic from the original point, what are your feelings on the third party idea? do you think it'll just be metal gear (revolver F****** ocelot comes to mind! but no guns *sob*...perhaps ninja?), just konami characters (richtor belmont, alucard, or the boys of contra anyone?), or a complete branch out into several third party companies? granted it's been said that there will be but 3 third party charas, it kinda makes you think about what direction they're planning on taking.

and, i'm sorry, but if you want megaman, x, or zero to be in brawl, i'd put money on the idea that it probably wont happen. "capcom" and "sharing" usually dont fall into the same sentance. i'd love it, dont get me wrong. bass, treble, mofo'ing protoman! hell, seeing akuma/gouki, tho a moderate-to-highly ******** notion, would still make me pee everywhere. doesnt mean it's gonna happen and i have major doubts.

one last sidenote, people keep mentioning sonic/tails/knuckles etc in their third party wishlist, but doesnt nintendo now own sega? correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt that make them non-third party? and could that increase their chances of being included since they wouldnt fall into the "only three characters" category?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
seeing as this thread has gone far off topic from the original point, what are your feelings on the third party idea? do you think it'll just be metal gear (revolver F****** ocelot comes to mind! but no guns *sob*...perhaps ninja?), just konami characters (richtor belmont, alucard, or the boys of contra anyone?), or a complete branch out into several third party companies? granted it's been said that there will be but 3 third party charas, it kinda makes you think about what direction they're planning on taking.
Well, Nintendo had said it is in communications with other companies almost a year ago. The "two to three third-party characters" wasn't set into stone almost a year ago when it was said. Also, given multiple companies and limited slots, there probably won't be more than one character per company (at least that is what is widely excepted).
and, i'm sorry, but if you want megaman, x, or zero to be in brawl, i'd put money on the idea that it probably wont happen. "capcom" and "sharing" usually dont fall into the same sentance. i'd love it, dont get me wrong. bass, treble, mofo'ing protoman! hell, seeing akuma/gouki, tho a moderate-to-highly ******** notion, would still make me pee everywhere. doesnt mean it's gonna happen and i have major doubts.
Capcom has a pretty solid relationship with Nintendo, though, having developed the Oracle Zelda games and the ALTTP/Four Swords game for GBA and still making almost exclusive games for Nintendo systems as well as continuing series on the DS. In fact, Megaman is still pretty popular, has a majority of his/their games on Nintendo systems, and is supposedly the second most requested third-party character.
one last sidenote, people keep mentioning sonic/tails/knuckles etc in their third party wishlist, but doesnt nintendo now own sega? correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt that make them non-third party? and could that increase their chances of being included since they wouldnt fall into the "only three characters" category?
Nintendo does not own SEGA.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No no no Koarin, you must be thinking of "owns them" as in "dominates them" as in "they got nuttin' on Nintendo cuz Nintendo is better by far". But alas, Nintendo does not physically own them. I wish we had a master system. Excluding Microsoft, just Nintendo and Sony and Sega. Microsoft can stick to the PC. Xbox sucks.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
sure nintendo owns sega,thats why sonic is out for x box and playstation,because nintendo owns them too
Well...Koarin, I pretty much agree with you, but Nintendo also has a Sonic game as well...(back to discussion)From the trailers, everyone is just hyping about MetaKnight and his sword combos...(and that invisible thing)not me...I can't wait for Pit...anyone ready for him like me..?
P.S. Nintendo pwns Microsoft and Sony...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm sure this has already been said, and I'm sure that I wouldn't know what to search for and that it doesn't justify posting a new thread... and I don't know where else to post.

Why is Metaknight in the forum banner?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No no no Koarin, you must be thinking of "owns them" as in "dominates them" as in "they got nuttin' on Nintendo cuz Nintendo is better by far"...Xbox sucks.
I think Koarin was being sarcastic.

Why is Metaknight in the forum banner?
Because he looks so Efing cool, that's why.

No character is confirmed that arent in the 1st and 2nd trailer...
That's not true, what about the third trailer?
How many people almost had a heart attack when I said that? ;p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think Koarin was being sarcastic.

Because he looks so Efing cool, that's why.

That's not true, what about the third trailer?
How many people almost had a heart attack when I said that? ;p
...You know...
I heard rumor that there's actually going to BE a third trailer out this week. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never thought about that Capcom/Nintendo relationship. Besides, Microsoft owns most of Capcom now, which is why Xbox and PC are getting Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5. Looks like the dark horse of yester-gen is finally shaping up and making a name for itself. I believe either MS or big N will take Sony's place in this gen.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just because they have DMC5 and RE5 doesnt mean they own capcom, do I have to remind u of:
Re4: wii edition
re: umbrella chronicles
and the endless amount of megaman games

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Actually they do, I don't have an internet source since I read it in EGM. They didn't buy over all of it but a lot of Capcom has been bought over. That could explain why the art team, Clover, which developed Okami [PS2] was let go.

So until MS buys all of Capcom [like they did with Rare] most Capcom games will be 3rd party.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme...when the **** did you come back?

[Edit:]

And what you say about Capcom and MS was a rumor, from quite a while ago.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
First, I'd like to point something out:
Scav said:
Nobody wants to read a topic with 500 replies.
What's the post count at now, probably only like, 200, right...3,623? Hm. Irony, thy name is SmashBoards.

Anyway, MS can try, but I don't think they'll ever get Capcom to more than (god forbid) 2nd party status. But even if that does happen, it won't be for a while, so any given Capcom character's chances at Brawl-dom shouldn't be affected.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, the majority shareholder of CAPCOM is Crossroads LTD. apparently.

Sukapon is the literal translation but you would pronounce it Skapon kinda like with Sasuke in Naruto.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm totally freakin' lost...

Rumor has it a new character will be revealed this month. Have I already said that?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I believe the MS/Capcom rumor is true due to the fact that Xbox has been receiving more and more capcom support. Devil May Cry is now 3rd [or 2nd?] party and Resident Evil 5 has followed suit. Remember, Xbox doesn't have any major RE games, if any, so this will be a big one. I heard Capcom stopped making SF games too.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, he is right, Sakurai said that there were news coming soon (maybe) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Thursday (May 10th, anniversary of Brawl's unveiling). BTW the mods should do a special theme for those special days, kinda like it was in April Fool's with all those Pikachus... And you will know, you will....

Stryks

Smash Hero
No more pkmn music please, maybe like if for say, if wolf is revealed, they would put the Star wolf theme, which im hearing rite now, man that theme is so awesome...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok, two things:
1) Where did Sakurai say news was coming? Link please?
2) What's the Starwolf theme? The only Starfox game I ever played was Starfox 64. And Starfox: Command but I didn't really get far before getting bored of that. I just imagined it being a darker toned Starfox theme, yknow like on a lower octave.

3) We should be able to put some of our own music in Brawl. I'd love to whoop some arse to some Zeppelin, preferably "Immigrant Song"... sorry, I was actually listening to it just now. *Lol, it could play for Japan-only characters! Just thought I'd throw this in*
ROBERT PLANT FOR BRAWL

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ok, two things:
1) Where did Sakurai say news was coming? Link please?
That would be the article translated in this thread.
2) What's the Starwolf theme? The only Starfox game I ever played was Starfox 64. And Starfox: Command but I didn't really get far before getting bored of that. I just imagined it being a darker toned Starfox theme, yknow like on a lower octave.
http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/1562/68 I think you mean a darker sounding key.
3) We should be able to put some of our own music in Brawl. I'd love to whoop some arse to some Zeppelin, preferably "Immigrant Song"... sorry, I was actually listening to it just now. *Lol, it could play for Japan-only characters! Just thought I'd throw this in*
ROBERT PLANT FOR BRAWL
Like mainstream music could ever compare with video game music...
I believe the MS/Capcom rumor is true due to the fact that Xbox has been receiving more and more capcom support. Devil May Cry is now 3rd [or 2nd?] party and Resident Evil 5 has followed suit. Remember, Xbox doesn't have any major RE games, if any, so this will be a big one. I heard Capcom stopped making SF games too.
Resident Evil 5 was coming out for both the PS3 and the XBOX 360 since the beginning. Devil May Cry 4, like a lot of PS3 former exclusives, was made multiplatform so it would actually come out to a system with a large enough install base.
No more pkmn music please, maybe like if for say, if wolf is revealed, they would put the Star wolf theme, which im hearing rite now, man that theme is so awesome...
Pokémon music owns your soul.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
That would be the article translated in this thread.
Thank you. God this is gonna be killer!

URL="http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/1562/68"]http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/1562/68[/URL] I think you mean a darker sounding key..
Ok, now I know the song. Classic Starfox 64 battles rushing to memory. "I am The Great Leon!" and "Uncle Androooooooooooss! {crash}" are most memorable to me. I had to say that while listening to the song or it just wouldn't feel the same. Sweet orchestral by the way. And maybe I meant key, but anyway it's not the same song so it doesn't matter.

Like mainstream music could ever compare with video game music....
Some mainstream music. The good stuff. Y'know, like actual music. God forbid they put some 50cent in Brawl to represent hard life on the streets of Onett. Pimpin' Mr. Saturns ain't easy.

Anyone playing Diamond or Pearl? I friggin' love the music in the mine.

Sensai

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
Not my soul. I'm playing through Pearl now (it makes me feel like I'm 10 again. :-D) and the music is the EXACT same as it was in Blue and Red.

Nintendo, seriously....I know it's your cash-cow and everything, and the DS prints monies, but couldn't you have at least tried?

And he never said we're getting news, he said he should give us news. Totally different.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's not the exact same; you're crazy...Sure some reoccuring places have remixes of their classic themes but everything else is new. It is a new composer since the original composer is now the game director (he did the battle themes, though). It does sound like Pokemon music...then again it is a Pokemon game... :/

Also, darn Mr. Sakurai and his ambiguous speech. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom