• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Mkay, so...a developer blog? That's what we get?

Well, it's better than nothing, I guess.

P.S. I couldn't skip today. My mom picked today of all days to stay home with a cold. Oh well, glad I didn't; I would've just been ticked off by myself rather than with my friends.

You mean that Nintendrone interview? I wouldn't call that an official confirmation...we'll probably have to wait til' Tuesday when the summit starts for anything like that directly from Ninty.
Yeah lucky you didn't skip.
It says starting today and below it says in parentheses (japan time)... does that mean anything or no.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
:cry: Still no news! :cry:

Yeah lucky you didn't skip.
It says starting today and below it says in parentheses (japan time)... does that mean anything or no.
That probably means the same as it's always meant, Japan's time not wherever else you are in the world, is when that event is happening. Although now that the countdown has ended, "(Japan Time)" doesn't really mean anything.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
:cry: Still no news! :cry:

That probably means the same as it's always meant, Japan's time not wherever else you are in the world, is when that event is happening. Although now that the countdown has ended, "(Japan Time)" doesn't really mean anything.
And the "event" is now apparently the first blog entry. But are they going to have a translated version up at noon (Japan time)? Is Sakurai writing the thing in Japanese or English? Will it actually come out at noon?

This should've been so much simpler than it's become...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
We are getting news either way so I don't really care until we get it. If it is in japanese, we can just get a translater to give us or retype the news.

sjel

Smash Rookie
Oh my god i wanna see Ryu Hayabusa in the game or maybe Leon, it would be great.
i cant open the smashbros page (in japanese) i dont know why

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oh my god i wanna see Ryu Hayabusa in the game or maybe Leon, it would be great.
i cant open the smashbros page (in japanese) i dont know why
whoa there n00b, first of all your text is hard to read and second this thread is for posting confirmed characters and third thers no f****** chance that any of those two will make it to brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Er, you mean 6 o'clock Japan time, right? I don't think it'll come that late...but not right at 11PM EST either. Probably anywhere from 11:30 to 3 o'clock AM (both EST).

sjel

Smash Rookie
whoa there n00b, first of all your text is hard to read and second this thread is for posting confirmed characters and third thers no f****** chance that any of those two will make it to brawl.
Shut up B+++ch you have only 180 posts, you have many LOL idiot!. The next character is...

sjel

Smash Rookie
Sjel, you're such a n00b. They're not making it. They're too obscure and unpopular. And the amount of posts has nothing to do with anything.

GigaKoopa has 180...
...I have 500...
... You have 2...

Who has more authority then? You or anyone else? No one really. Don't talk.

Nothing but he call me n00b cuz my posts and my color of letter. all the people in the forum know that call n00b to other people is the worst thing on all the forums, americans, japanese, mexicans, english, all.

This discussion is over, the thread continues

Rhyme

Smash Lord
11:20 and you guyz r still n00bs. And the site hasn't updated...that too.
Thought that maybe someone would be interested in this:

The Media Summit will take place May 22 (all invitees) and May 23 (pre-approved long-lead only invitees on embargo). No mention of embargoes on the earlier stuff yet, but expect some new *something*, including 3rd party software. Stuff should start showing up after 6 PM PST on the 22nd (unless some Blackberry owners start posting from the event).

While the site is probably less than reputable, it does suggest a time for updates. Unfortunately, it would mean waiting an additional say, but it's something.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well...that sort of makes sense, depending on where the summit is being held.

It's already the 22nd in Japan...like 1 or 2 PM over there (1 AM EST now), so stuff would go live at around 6 or 7 AM EST.

But if it's in the US (Seattle, right?)...heck I ain't doin' the math. Another day wasted, looks like.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ agreed Chief, that article Rhyme said is intresting, and makes sense as well. So that means I can see it at the earliest 3 A.M. (4 1/2 hours from now), but I'd bet it would be as easrly as 6 (7 1/2 hours from now). however, it is most likely the site will change at 8 A.M. here on the west coas (9 1/2 hours from now). While i maybe getting impatient with Nintendo, they still have my full trust and respect, and I know they will do great stuff with Brawl! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ X-x-Dyce-x-X
Well, look on sites like IGN, Gametrailers, the official Nintendo site, etc. for any info or hints to what might happen. The translation from what I've heard is it should take place in the afternoon, but if it doesn't happen in the next 80 minutes, it is safe to assume we won't see the update for another 9 hours and 20 minutes! Overall idk, but then again who does=?

Side Note: I'm totally gonna change my sig and avatar if there are cool characters in the trailer, my avatar to the coolest character/my fav, and my sig removing whoever's confirmed! Maybe I won't be lazy and actually make my own sig, instead of being lazy, and downloading my pics off google pictures! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I might give it another hour, though i'll probably check in another 2 hours. Luckily my history teacher is awsome, and my hoework is not due until wednesday, so I'm good to stay up all night, have my eyes bleed for one trailer, and let it still be worth it! :)

Side Note: Sakurai is the master of the mindgames, look what he's doing to us now. What next, is he gonna wavedash and dash dance in an interview with the press=? Sakurai is killing us here on the SWF, the press, and all the Nsider n00bs! This is proof that Sakurai is the ultimate master of the mindgames. ;)

thefusion

Smash Ace
If you look at the new site and look into the page info, the keywords lead to something very interesting;

Nintendo, Wii, Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, Fire Emblem

That means that atleast one character from Fire Emblem, new or returning will be in the game.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Proposed Question:

Did Sakurai, given the nature of his mysterious ways, give us more information with this new update than it appears at first glance?

I'd like to dirrect everyone's attention to the list of musicians which Sakurai gave us, along with their previous works. Don't have time for a background check at the moment since I must leave for school shortly, but here's the list anyways.

Hajime Wakai (Nintendo): Pikmin series / Star Fox series
Kazumi Totaka (Nintendo): Animal Crossing series / Yoshi series
Kentaro Ishizaka: (HAL Laboratory, Inc.)
Masato Kouda: Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Motoi Sakuraba: Golden Sun series / Mario Golf & Tennis series
Shogo Sakai: (HAL Laboratory, Inc.) Super Smash Bros. Melee / MOTHER3

I'm not sure exactly what to make of this, but several people here worked on games of which we have no confirmed characters in Brawl. Also, take a look at these quotes, from Sakurai obviously since they are taken right off the updated Dojo:

"This is dangerous. It's a little risky." (Quoted from paragraph before the Musicians list.)

"Of course, Smash will let you enjoy music from a wide variety of Nintendo games.
A number of individuals have put their touch on these arrangements.

Using the game music that has entertained so many as the base for new arrangements by so many famed musicians... Not too shabby, eh?" (Quoted from the second and third paragraph after.)

So, if you read them chronologically, it sounds like this:

This is a bit risky, but I should do it. -Lists staff who's notariaty comes from talent within their respective game.- I wanted to let you all enjoy the music you've loved from each game you have played. HAL is going out of it's way for you so you can have original music like you loved from each game. Not bad, right?

Just wanted to throw that out there. Read the page over again, you'll probably get somewhere near the same interpretation that I got. Anyway, that's all for this conspiracy theory.

Later<

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dear God. It certainly took long enough.

This is actually a bit more than I was expecting (a normal post that'd talk about everything and anything), and I like it! It took me a few moments to look away from the glory that is the damage counter, and I almost cried from hearing the Sakuraba-styled Menu 1.

I love what Rhyme brought up: Dante, Nook and Olimar for Brawl!!

And lastly, I'm guessing the day/night cycle in Battlefield (what's Final Destination gonna' look like!?) is just cosmetic. But anyone have any theories on it?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I wonder why Sakurai credited Sakuraba with Golden Sun and Mario Sports games...when the guy is the composer for the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile games?

Nintendo-centrism, I guess.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Who was with me and waited till 3:00am for the info to be released. So much lag to load up but I think it was worth it now that I checked it like 100 times.
At like 2:00 in the morning today, If I posted 'Yeah I agree' it would post in like 20 minutes later. So much lag and now I am happy to post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom