• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Now it would seem to me that Ike is a semi-semi-confirmed character. As I recall, Nintendo Power said that the level is Daein Castle from Path of Radiance. I seem to remember that they themselves were speculating about whether or not it is for sure, but perhaps not, so correct me if I'm wrong. That right there semi-confirms a PoR character, and the fact that Ike is the title character seems, to me, to make him very fair game ("semi-semi-confirmed), as well as his primary party mates like Lyn, Titania, Volke or maybe Mordecai or another Laguz for their transformative abilities.

The fact that Daein Castle is there seems to me to merit tacking him onto the list under Yoshi in the semi-confirmed section--I doubt they would put anybody else in first besides the title character if they're using PoR.

However, I'm not that versed in Japanese Fire Emblem besides from what I've read of story summaries. Has Daein Castle ever appeared in another game?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, he pretty much owned the Daein theory. Good for him lol. I think somewhere in the webernet, some big name site claimed it to be from Fire Emblem 1. This puts Marth at a very very high chance to come back. YAY! I mean look at the comparison to the two flags at the bottom of his post, the one in the trailer looks a lot less complex to the one in PoR. This could be from technological restrictions faced while making the flag by only having 16bits to work with...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've been researching it now and there're a bunch of conflicting theories. Some people are saying Sakurai has wanted the FE4 main character Sigurd, and others are saying it is "Dolua Castle," apparently from FE1, which would put Marth back into the mix.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow, what a dramatic change in tone from the last page. I stave off the panic by having dreams about Pikmin on Wii...only instead of Pikmin, you have Pokemon.

I really don't want Marth back. We need some PoR, GoD love in Brawl.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Japan's 13 hours ahead of the East Coast of the US so it'd update at 11AM EST if it updates at midnight JST.
Since you seem to have this down very well, I'll ask you. Brawl information will arrive on what hour of what day? After you said thirteen hours, I was assuming 1pm here on the east coast on Monday, would that be wrong? There's no reason I have to stay up all night if the information won't be there until after I'd normally wake up anyway.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wil someone tell me how many characters will be in brawl????????
We've estimated any number between 35 and 50. Most people seem content to go with 40, but that number is from an article which was proven false so I'm not sure why we continue to use it. There is a chance that we will know come Monday, but as of now, none of us know how many characters will be in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok Rhyme, figure this:

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It takes 13 hours for it to reach us from rising in Japan. The countdown in days changes around 11am. Therefore, 13 hours ago in Japa, it's 10pm. They'll be getting it at about 10pm on Sunday night, we'll be getting it (simultaneously, though at different times on the clock) at 11am, Monday morning.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ok Rhyme, figure this:

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It takes 13 hours for it to reach us from rising in Japan. The countdown in days changes around 11am. Therefore, 13 hours ago in Japa, it's 10pm. They'll be getting it at about 10pm on Sunday night, we'll be getting it (simultaneously, though at different times on the clock) at 11am, Monday morning.
I've already translated the times, Japan is 13 hours ahead of the east coast, and 16 hours ahead of the west coast. That means at 9:00 AM on the east coast, or 6:00 AM on the west coast it is midnight in Japan. Hope this helps some of you out in the time translation thing!

Side Note: w00t two days left, but did it flip at midnight Japan=? :confused:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ok Rhyme, figure this:

I wasn't debating with Deva, I was asking an honest question. Are you asking me why Nintendo would do something like that? Maybe the day starts somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, between us and them, so when the day starts it won't in Japan for another two hours, and then another thirteen hours for us here on the East Coast? I don't really know my away around the time zones that well so I can't say for sure, but this means that Japan, Europe, the US, and everywhere else should be getting the Brawl update at exactly the same moment in time, just not where they are located on the globe respectively.

So yeah, for your little delema, if the start of a day is 12am over the Pacific, two hours later in Japan, than another thirteen to sixteen hours later here in the US. It's the start of Tuesday in Japan when we get our information midday Monday here in the States.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I guess the update should be home when I get home from school... turns out that I have school this Monday but next Monday is no school. I'm pissed >.<

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I was wondering about that, because next weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately for you, that miscalculation will set you back a few hours on finding out about Brawl. If your school doesn't have a blocking system, or if you know how to bypass it, deffinately do so and post "first" details here.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I just realized I said home twice when I didn't need to >.> That's what happens when you get sidetracked by pesky relatives.

I guess I'll post what's new unless someone beats me to it. I get home at 2:00pm since school is out at 1:35pm and the 1:45 bus is often late.

Yes, I know school ends kinda early here compared to yours but that's because there's minor construction at the school so they want to get us out of the way more quickly.

P.S. it's around 1:25pm here right now if you're wondering.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Waitaminute Memorial Day is not this Monday, it's the following. Countdown ends Monday our time. Scuse me, princess, if I misread the post--was just speedreading the last few posts.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of excuse me princess, reminds me of Captain N, which, to reiterate, would be a sweet addition--kind of like the oddball Game and Watch type if they decided to include him.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I didn't even notice you using "home" twice. Ahh relatives, are they the good ones or the bad ones? I've got one side of the family that I love, the other side...well we're family.:psycho: I assume it might be the same way with you.

Anyway, you're on the east coast like me, but my school doesn't let out until 225. I MAY be able to get information before then, but even if I did I most likely won't have enough time to post it. We'll see how that goes.

Is your school under ongoing construction, or are they conveniently dismissing you guys early on the very day Brawl information is released?

EDIT: Captain, I meant "next" as in the one after, not "this" weekend which is now. This...next...yeah, you may have misinterpreted if you were skimming. I wouldn't recommend allowing that to become a habbit though, speed reading and missing what someone said has gotten me into trouble before. :ohwell:

At least I think you were talking to me.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of excuse me princess, reminds me of Captain N, which, to reiterate, would be a sweet addition--kind of like the oddball Game and Watch type if they decided to include him.
If Keven aka Captain N was included, then they'd have to include Simon Belmon and Megaman for the complete N-team (the princess and gameboy don't count dammit). I'd nerdgasm so hard for that!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
that's probably due to the wonders of 80's animation, Belmont and Megaman looked a hell of a lot worse.
Ya, Megaman in that show looked ugly. I'd like to have that ugly outfit of Megaman as a alternate costume, just for lol's. That would seriously make me crack up like no other, playing as that hideous Megaman! Only time I thought Megaman looked stupid was in Capt. N=too true, too ugly! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And for visual reference

Keven Keene

Mr Belmont

and the BLue Bomber

I'm with john on this one, Megs looks horrible, but Simon's a close second
I still think Megaman looks like a retarted Aquaman or something, and Simon makes me want to punch his teeth out! :laugh: MM and Simon don't just look horrible, they are beyond hideous. They might as well be like Medusa, and turn us into stone to put us all out of our misery from looking at them! :laugh:

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Well, i don't completely blame the animators for megs, as he was probably based off of both the MM1 boxart and the spritework. Simon...i just don't know. PIt didn't look that bad, and niether did Lana (did she even exist in a game somewhere?) or Kevin look that bad by comparison.

although, The worst two from the series have to be
Mother Brain
and King Hippo

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hey, Saint Seiya and Gundam have awesome animation. It's just that Americans in the 80s had no idea how to animate a serialized show. Heck, they still have trouble with it.

And Captain N is a terrific...ly bad idea.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I'm not familiar with saint saiay, and I haven't seen the original GUndam either. BUt I was referriung to whomever animated Captain N, whenther it was an Eastern or Western Studio made no difference.

And Captain N, as a cameo at least, would still make me Nerdgasm

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, i don't completely blame the animators for megs, as he was probably based off of both the MM1 boxart and the spritework. Simon...i just don't know. PIt didn't look that bad, and niether did Lana (did she even exist in a game somewhere?) or Kevin look that bad by comparison.

although, The worst two from the series have to be
Mother Brain
and King Hippo
Seriously, to think I was once stuck on Punch Out!! against King Hippo now officially makes me sick! :laugh: I'm not even going to comment Mother Brain, other than she looks like Medusa! :laugh: :) ;)

Vali

Smash Ace
I'd say that King Hippo has some giant moobs, but then again he isnt really a "man" and so it'd be more hoobs (which sounds even more rediculous) :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not even going to say the hilariously inappropriate stuff I could say about Mother Brain or King Hippo. Seriously, now I know whyb Mother Brain dies in so many Metroid games=lol! :laugh:

Just be glad Pit doesn't look like that in Brawl, lol! :laugh: :chuckle: :psycho: :cool: ;) :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Since you seem to have this down very well, I'll ask you. Brawl information will arrive on what hour of what day? After you said thirteen hours, I was assuming 1pm here on the east coast on Monday, would that be wrong? There's no reason I have to stay up all night if the information won't be there until after I'd normally wake up anyway.
It'll be 8AM PST/9AM MST/10AM CST/11AM EST on Monday, May 21st.

Thirteen hours ahead of the East Coast would mean it's 11AM on May 21st for EST and 12AM on May 22nd in Japan time (the time the countdown on SmashBros.com is going by). 24 - 13 is 11 not 13. ;)

The way the International Dateline works is that, when you move west across it, you add a day, instead of just continuing to subtract hours as you go west. 12:00:01AM Jan 1st at the GMT -12:00 time zone is the same as 12:00:01AM Jan 2nd at the GMT+12:00 time zone.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Thirteen hours ahead of the East Coast would mean it's 11AM on May 21st for EST and 12AM on May 22nd in Japan time (the time the countdown on SmashBros.com is going by). 24 - 13 is 11 not 13. ;)

The way the International Dateline works is that, when you move west across it, you add a day, instead of just continuing to subtract hours as you go west. 12:00:01AM Jan 1st at the GMT -12:00 time zone is the same as 12:00:01AM Jan 2nd at the GMT+12:00 time zone.
This is like Majora's Mask, minus every second being a minute, and the dawn/night of the X day stuff. And the "Only X hours remaining stuff". Dang, well instead of the moon falling, we get a massive growth of n00bs+a n00b invasion. That moon is looking real good now...:laugh: ;) :chuckle: :psycho: :ohwell: :cool:

Rhyme

Smash Lord

oOo, I thought that the "International Dateline" was over the ocean, not over Japan. I was figuring that the start of each day occured in the ocean where it would effect nobody, and then moved across the eastern hemisphere. That's why my math is horribly wrong.:dizzy:

Let the countdown begin! There's now officially 38 hours and 35 minutes remaining until Brawl information! (EST)Yay! (Ignore if my math is wrong).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
*Currently listening to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey*

Umm...Creo...you do realize that you WILL have to stay up one full night again tomorrow, since the information comes out Monday. Might as well sleep tonight. (Myspace countdown: 01.14.19.35 :days hours minutes seconds: 'til Brawl news).

EDIT: If you tire yourself out with this silly challange, you won't have enough energy to watch the new Brawl trailer for hours on end. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom