• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
oOo, I thought that the "International Dateline" was over the ocean, not over Japan. I was figuring that the start of each day occured in the ocean where it would effect nobody, and then moved across the eastern hemisphere. That's why my math is horribly wrong.:dizzy:

Let the countdown begin! There's now officially 38 hours and 35 minutes remaining until Brawl information! (EST)Yay! (Ignore if my math is wrong).
>_> It is over the ocean: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/International_Date_Line.png Japan is only three hours behind it so it's morning in the US when their tomorrow begins. :p (This is probably the single most confusing thing I've ever tried to explain. :/)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
>_> It is over the ocean: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/International_Date_Line.png Japan is only three hours behind it so it's morning in the US when their tomorrow begins. :p (This is probably the single most confusing thing I've ever tried to explain. :/)
It's just because you're explaining it to me.:laugh: I was adding not subtracting. ;p

So, Japan is three hours behind the dateline, and here in the US we're 13-16 hours behind it? -Searches- Ok, I've got a world map of the time zones infront of me (minimized shh). This map has 12:19 PM in Japan on 5/20 and 8:19 West Coast US, 11:19 PM on the East Coast on 5/19. That means from Japan to the East coast there's 13 hours. I deffinately think I've got this now.:cool:

Wrath`

Smash Master
Now it's only 35 hours and 30 minutes until the news arrives! Yay Sakurai! Just when we were all losing faith in you, you decide to say "Hey don't do that! Here take this and stop crying!". What an inspiration to us all.

P.S.: I still wuv you. ;)
are we refering to that new site? or somthing i do not know of yet?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
From Go Nintendo podcast:

"We have Smash Brothers news. The Smash Brothers website--they're redoing the whole thing and there's a countdown on the website. They don't say what's going to be on the site, but you will be able to learn a lot more.

This coincides with the Nintendo Summit, which is happening Tuesday for online media and Wednesday for print media because the pritn media needs to see stuff longer in advance to get their stuff out. IGN, Gamespot. Big sites that have been around for a long time, so they're going to go to the first day and you'll hear news from them that night and the next day the print media is goign to see all the stuff we want to see, so they're goign to get to play, we're not sure, but expect Metroid Prime, Galaxy, and Brawl, and you'll hear that in their next issue because it will run during E3, and that's why they get to see it early. Brawl news is expected.

If we're taking the rumors that we hear, we should get a firm release date on the day that the site launches, and as well probably a new trailer, screenshots and character confirmations."

Wrath`

Smash Master
From Go Nintendo podcast:

"We have Smash Brothers news. The Smash Brothers website--they're redoing the whole thing and there's a countdown on the website. They don't say what's going to be on the site, but you will be able to learn a lot more.

This coincides with the Nintendo Summit, which is happening Tuesday for online media and Wednesday for print media because the pritn media needs to see stuff longer in advance to get their stuff out. IGN, Gamespot. Big sites that have been around for a long time, so they're going to go to the first day and you'll hear news from them that night and the next day the print media is goign to see all the stuff we want to see, so they're goign to get to play, we're not sure, but expect Metroid Prime, Galaxy, and Brawl, and you'll hear that in their next issue because it will run during E3, and that's why they get to see it early. Brawl news is expected.

If we're taking the rumors that we hear, we should get a firm release date on the day that the site launches, and as well probably a new trailer, screenshots and character confirmations."
awsome, i cant wait

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1 DAY!

Oh God, this is terrible. I have other commitments, but I really, really want to just waste these last 20 hours doing nothing of worth (i.e. posting on SmashBoards). I can't think of any other instance where Ninty was in a position to literally 'essplode the internets. Tis' a good day to be a Nintendork.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I is going to be a long wait for all of us

i have to wait until 5 because thats when i get home from school and the site is blocked at my school

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
If the Nintendrone article is true, then the new list of confirmed characters looks like this:

-Mario
-Link
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-DK
-Cap. Falcon
-Ness
-Luigi
-Zero Suit Samus
-Snake
-Fox
-Wario
-Pit
-Meta Knight

That makes 17 if I counted right, which means there could be up to 33 more characters still left to reveal. Assuming all characters from Melee returned, which, again if the article is true, has been confirmed they are not (and, to some degree, also by Sakurai before), then that means there are still up to 19 entirely new characters to reveal, which would be absolutely incredible. Keep in mind, those 19 are probably more than that because of the characters that they'll chop from Melee.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"Nintendrone"? Source, please. I might've just missed this since I was absent for the past 18 hours, but I'd still like to read it myself.

I get out at 3, but I'm at my house at 4. What time exactly is the site coming back? I had it at 2PM Monday afternoon...

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Isn't it a bit shaky for Cpt falcon though? to my extent of knowlegde, no new games for the F-Zero series are planned at the moment, and no planned Mother games are for the wii either (aka Earthbound). so there is a possiblity that Cpt falcon won't be in the games, but since Ness is the original planned mascot for Nintendo, it's a small possibility that he won't be in the game too.

But all this is pointless, since the new movie is comming out soon, might aswell just refresh the page over and over again rather than debating over this.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
when I said Earth bound I meant Earthbound series incase if somepeople didn't know.

Mother 3 is released in Japan for the GBA to my extent of knowlede, and no new Mother games r being relased for the new generation consoles, nor the DS either, but since he is such an important charater to the developement of nintendo, it's very possible that he will be in the game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope Falcon returns, he sounds so funny!

"FALCCOOMBB PAAUNCCCHH!!"

"Show me your moves!"

When he dies-"OOOOooooooooo"

Rofl, Falcon for Brawl!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'll admit I'll be kind of upset if Ganondorf from Melee doesn't return. The one with Captain Falcon's moveset. I know I'm going to be yelled at but he was one of my mains. I'm pretty good with him too. Do you think there would be any way to have both Ganondorfs? The one that everyone wants from TP with the sword and the one from Melee with CapFal's moveset?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll admit I'll be kind of upset if Ganondorf from Melee doesn't return. The one with Captain Falcon's moveset. I know I'm going to be yelled at but he was one of my mains. I'm pretty good with him too. Do you think there would be any way to have both Ganondorfs? The one that everyone wants from TP with the sword and the one from Melee with CapFal's moveset?
I'm sure Ganondorf will get his sword of the Sages, but Capt. Falcon could very well feel like the old Ganondorf, as well as like his old self. I really don't know what to think of it and all, so ya. Plus just to let you all know, Capt. Falcon isn't going anywhere, I mean what justifiable reason does Sakurai have to get rid of him=??? See....he's as good as in IMO.

@ Zeela12
There is some sort of a F-Zero Wii game planned, but it is supposibly in the earliest stages of development. Also, don't expect Ness to leave, but don't be 100% sure he'll return. There is a slim chance he is replaced by Lucas, but I think Lucas has a better chance at being a original. Despite this, I'm not sure if Lucas would make it or not, and the whole Lucas deal confuses me a bi, though I would like him, as long as he doesn't replace Ness! Ness ftw! ;)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Yeah. Either way, we'll be seeing a PK kid from Mother.

Surprise abortion!

And sinxe when was Ness a "planned mascot" for Ninty?

I did a research on this before because I was wondering why Ness was in the original SSB.

when the NES was first made, the game Mother was made the main charater of the game is named ninten, a fat boy with a baseball bat. When Mother 2 was brought over to the US, the name was changed to Ness, here's a quote: "The name "Ness" may be an anagram of the acronym "SNES" (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). This idea is more supported by the fact that the main character of the first Mother was named Ninten, which is a shortened form of Nintendo."

The name Nintedo literaly means "Ninten Hall," and thus Ninten, or Ness, would be the mascot of it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Very Intresting, I knew about that when Ness was named...well Ness, but I didn't know that about when he was named Ninten. Still, it is very intresting that the last of the Mother/Earhbound series, Mother 3, is the only game not to star Ness, then again it came out around 10 years after Mother 2, but intresting, regardless.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd heard of "Ninten" before, but I never thought that SNES could = Ness. Interesting stuff.

But I don't think he was ever supposed to be the company's mascot; just an iconic character that people would remember.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't think Ness and Ninten are the same kid. They look alike, but I don't think they're the same character. I think the Mother series, like the Final Fantasy series (for the most part), has a different main character and setting for each game.

P.S.: 12 HOURS UNTIL SITE UPDATE AND NEWS RELEASE!!!

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
tick................................tock..........................tick..........................tock......................

Sensai

Smash Master
10 hours and 20 minutes, assuming it launches at their midnight.

That's an interesting question....will they launch it on time? My guess is 'no', seeing as how they have yet to get the VC games out on time...

Ba-zing!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
10 hours and 20 minutes, assuming it launches at their midnight.

That's an interesting question....will they launch it on time? My guess is 'no', seeing as how they have yet to get the VC games out on time...

Ba-zing!
What? They're usually pretty good with that. 9AM EST every (most...but I can only think of two times they missed it) Monday. And on four separate occasions, they got them out right at Midnight.

But I don't think it'll be right on the dime accurate. Then again, I have yet to meet a countdown site that misses it's mark...I guess my instincts are just against it, for whatever reason.

EDIT - I'm contemplating skipping calling in sick to school tomorrow.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I honestly don't think it's gonna be worth all that...but jeah, do it anyways.

Soli! My man. What's up? I didn't know you frequented these boards too. I'm sorry about counting down; I won't let it happen again. The reason I did it is 'cause the post above had something about it and this thread moves too quickly for me to be able actually contribute to it. It's all speculation anyways - no facts.

....until tomorrow ZOMG 9 HOURS AND 5 MINUTES.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
EDIT - I'm contemplating skipping calling in sick to school tomorrow.
I know it's too late for you to hear this feedback now anyways, but that's one of the best ideas I've heard in a LONG time. You get the news three hours earlier than you would otherwise, the last of the school day won't DRAAAG by, AND you get to watch the trailer over and over, until your parents get home. ._o

^^^

I honestly don't think it's gonna be worth all that...but jeah, do it anyways.
Exactly...countdown wh0re.:laugh: That's rich.

Anywhooo, Nintendo better be on the dot with this update, my best opprotunity to check for news a la escuela will end twenty-three minutes after the information is scheduled to arrive.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm sorta confused. I see people afraid that Capt. Falcon among others won't be back, but hasn't Nintendo officially announced the Original twelve will return? Dr do we need to wait for it to be said with more confidence before we update the thread?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mkay, so...a developer blog? That's what we get?

Well, it's better than nothing, I guess.

P.S. I couldn't skip today. My mom picked today of all days to stay home with a cold. Oh well, glad I didn't; I would've just been ticked off by myself rather than with my friends.

UndrDog said:
I'm sorta confused. I see people afraid that Capt. Falcon among others won't be back, but hasn't Nintendo officially announced the Original twelve will return? Dr do we need to wait for it to be said with more confidence before we update the thread?
You mean that Nintendrone interview? I wouldn't call that an official confirmation...we'll probably have to wait til' Tuesday when the summit starts for anything like that directly from Ninty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom