• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If they ever remake OoT, they need together give us Ura Zelda...with motion controls.

Don't hold your breath for the Japan-only FEs: there's way too much text and not enough incentive to translate it. As for Mother, they need to just give us a DS compilation of Mother 1+2 and Mother 3. I dunno' about Chrono Trigger though...Square-Enix does NOT heart the VC, and they're currently in the process of revisiting every god-forsaken franchise in their history, good (FFIV 3D DS FTW) or bad(another Chocobo's Dungeon? Why god, why?)...so we might see something on a current platform, but probably not on VC. At least not for a while.

Depster

Smash Champion
Mario Kart or F-Zero...

Sensai, I got Ocarina of Time to. Want a challenge, try and do what I do. Beat Ganon(not Ganondorf) without stunning him at all and only thing you can use is the sword.(biggorons or Master) Plus you can't lose health at all.

Second Challenge: Start a knew file and beat the hole game without dying with only three hearts.(I've done it once before...gets you back into the game)
Nope =\ Actually, Top Gear on my cousin's SNES was my first car racing game

That game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Does the above quote/post combination make sense to anyone else? Has Depster simply clicked the wrong "quote" button, or what?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
your insane creo
Wow, that's going to be very hard.
For a person who played Ocarina every day and will when I get it for Wii, it is a breeze.

I missed out on the Collector's Edition but I do still have the WW pre-order disc as well as OoT and MM for the N64. I have ALTTP and MC and recently bought LA, OoA, and OoS...so I'm almost all set with Zelda games. Just need the NES ones. :/

I have the remake on collectors disk, all of the above, the NES ones and the rest of them except for the Japanese only release, "Navi quest(captures)" or something like that.

I have Kirby's Adventure (definately more than worth it), Kid Icarus (still can't get past the second level) and Ristar (which I hold a vendetta against RawmeatCowboy for convincing me to buy it :/). I need to buy another VC card. :/

I need Wi Fi first which I am getting this week.

Also, I'd rather play MM again than OoT. :/
Why.

Creo, I thank you for the ideas. I'll try that.
No problem.

Yeah, I'm with you there. It's a better game, even if Ocarina still has that "first-time adventure" thing going for it.

I guess it is all in opinion but I think OoT was better. It had a more epic boss fight with Ganondorf/Ganon, better story and had a better Gerudo challenge.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I see this topic is still an uncontrollable haven for random, off topic conversation.

Any thoughts on what is to occur on the Smash Bros site in five days?
Well, well...

2 days have passed, 5 days are left...

On the seventh day, Mario will crawl out of your screen and murder you, for you have seen...

The Ring.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate Monday's, anyway, Halo 3's beta is out now, so youtube should be flooded with Halo vids by now.

Sensai

Smash Master
rAt, it's nice to see you're back. Where ya been? Yes, the topic (along with the rest of the Brawl boards) is utter chaos, but would you really want it any other way?

I have no idea what's going to happen in 5 days, although I'm also excited for Blizzard's May 19th announcement (STARCRAFT 2 PLEASE GOD!).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Man, I'm stoked for Halo 3. I was at a party last weekend, and the guy was signed up with the beta. If you didn't like Halo before, you won't like it now...but otherwise, heck yeah. THe best change is the new physics. Sure, there's no more Warthog Golf, but to replace it, we now have Warthog Curling!

Creo said:
Don't go back to topic because this is a Wii VC and Zelda area now.
On that note, anyone download Monday's stuff? I myself picked up Ninja Spirit (it's totally hi-technicaaal!), and I'm seriously thinking about Ninja Gaiden...but I only have 3400 points left, so I'm leaning towards waiting it out for the second/third one(s).

Creo said:
I guess it is all in opinion but I think OoT was better. It had a more epic boss fight with Ganondorf/Ganon, better story and had a better Gerudo challenge.
Well, I have more fond memories of Ocarina (it was my first Zelda, after all), but Majora's just...better. It's harder, it's got more stuff to do, and the story's way better. It also earns mondo-bonus-points with me for being the first to get really into characterization.

Sensai: I've heard it's gonna' be "World of StarCraft", StarCraft 2, or the best one yet: World of WarCraft 2.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
On that note, anyone download Monday's stuff? I myself picked up Ninja Spirit (it's totally hi-technicaaal!), and I'm seriously thinking about Ninja Gaiden...but I only have 3400 points left, so I'm leaning towards waiting it out for the second/third one(s).

Well, I have more fond memories of Ocarina (it was my first Zelda, after all), but Majora's just...better. It's harder, it's got more stuff to do, and the story's way better. It also earns mondo-bonus-points with me for being the first to get really into characterization.

Sensai: I've heard it's gonna' be "World of StarCraft", StarCraft 2, or the best one yet: World of WarCraft 2.[/QUOTE]

Love your SPM anology. That guy was awesome.

I did not think MM was hard at all, not more stuff to do(about same) but I like the Fierce Deitys mask and Tingle gives it a plus. Watch the vid above my sig. But it is IYO and IMO I think OoT is just better.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
WoW=poo. Hardy har, I laugh in the face of gnomes everywhere.

Ceriosuly though, with the success of WoW, I don't see another RTS style WarCraft happening...possibly ever. It's a moot point anyway, since the best RTS of all time is Total Annihilation. That is until Supreme Commander comes out (unless it's out already).

P.S. I just returned SPM to Blackbuster yesterday...without finishing it. I was in Bleck's Castle. I was lv.18 (pretty darn high for the game). I had a whole day to finish it, but I just didn't. Apathy once again stops me from finishing a Paper Mario game (this same thing happened to me with the original and TYD).

The writing is so amazingly-freakingly-holy-crap good, but I simply can't stand the game itself.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well you missed the best friggin part. you should find someone who has it or rent it again so you can beat just one.
On a side note, I beat them all.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well you missed the best friggin part. you should find someone who has it or rent it again so you can beat just one.
On a side note, I beat them all.
I still have my save, so I can always borrow it from my friend once he gets it. But I watched the ending on YouTube, so I didn't miss anything.

But it definitely wasn't better than willingly suffocating to death in outer-space.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
rAt, it's nice to see you're back. Where ya been? Yes, the topic (along with the rest of the Brawl boards) is utter chaos, but would you really want it any other way?

I have no idea what's going to happen in 5 days, although I'm also excited for Blizzard's May 19th announcement (STARCRAFT 2 PLEASE GOD!).
Hey, I've been up to my neck in papers, projects and all-nighters. As of a week from Saturday I will officially have my undergrad (assuming I can get all of the insane last minute stuff done), so I've been very busy. I've been trying to keep up, but there's just so much to read! Anyhow, as far as chaos goes, you're right. It's good to see there hasn't been any shortage of random without me. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up now that things are starting to get interesting again.

Andy

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been up to my neck in papers, projects and all-nighters. As of a week from Saturday I will officially have my undergrad (assuming I can get all of the insane last minute stuff done), so I've been very busy. I've been trying to keep up, but there's just so much to read! Anyhow, as far as chaos goes, you're right. It's good to see there hasn't been any shortage of random without me. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up now that things are starting to get interesting again.

Andy
Sounds like a good deal. I'm glad you didn't completely break down in college, and that you remembered to come back here afterwards(or almost afterwards anyway). I don't think you've missed anything of ANY importance, I disappeared for a couple months myself at one point because I couldn't bear talking about Brawl without the promise of information anymore. I don't remember exactly when you left, so:

Fox is confirmed, we still believe Yoshi is semi-confirmed, the Dojo is being revamped and the update should be finished sometime Monday/Tuesday.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"And that is why the chicken nugget does not look like the chicken."

Sorry, I'm listening to Cartoon Network, and that line stuck with me.

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Let's hope there IS some character news. A returner would be just fine with me. Newcomer would be great. 3rd party would be phenominal.
What would be really phenomenal is a long introductory movie like the Special Movie in Melee, and a release date. Some people (well, alot of people) say we'll have to wait til' E3 for the release date, but just think about this: the biggest, most hyped game of the year (maybe even the decade), Halo 3, was given a release date yesterday, with the only accompanying action being the start of the public beta.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
A Special Movie wouldn't be phenominal, it'd be impossibly unlikely. Unless Brawl were releasing sometime this summer, I couldn't imagine Nintendo giving us such an amazing movie so soon. That seems more like an end-of-summer treat to me.

Sensai

Smash Master
It's nice to see that college hasn't broken ya down, rAt. I'm gonna be attending Sewanee (the U of the South) come August.../sigh. I slacked and slacked my entire highschool, and now I'm going to a prestigious school. I really hope I'm not gonna get my *** kicked.

And guys, let's think about it for a moment and put things in perspective: if Nintendo is really honestly considering releasing their big three this year (Mario Galaxy, MP3, and Brawl), then they're going to have to start dishing out information really quickly. They have 7 months left, 7.5 if you count the other half of this one, in which to release three triple A plus games. Seeing as how they won't be releasing them within this month or next month, we can eliminate it down to 5.5....

You get my point, either way. They've gotta give us information or just come right out and face the mobs with a big frown, a sorry, and an announcement saying 'we suck and couldn't deliver. Again.'

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
"Mar-Wii-o Kart"? lawlz. I'm so funny.

As for a gameplay movie, that probably won't happen until all the starter characters are released. That would just give away too much information for the time being. I *think* they are probably going to start the one character a week thing Monday and then by E3 they'll finish off the starters (if they haven't done so by then) and give us that video and a release date.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well this sight will blow up over anything. Character, stage, or even one item will send this site to the moon.
Dyce, I say 'I'm so funny' all the time. I got it from MXC.
Watch my videos and see who I want for Brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Matt Cassamasia from IGN said he's going out to Seattle (NOA HQ) come Monday, and not just for Starbucks. There are also rumblings that some new MP3 info will land as the new week starts. So could there be another Spaceworld a press conference about the big 3 this week?

Signs point to yes.

Rhyme: Need I remind you of Halo 3? Microsoft gave us a release date and the public a playable version, all with no forewarning (well, the date was unexpected), so it's not out of the question.

X-x-Dyce-x-X: There's only about 5 Mondays between now and E3, so I don't think that theory fits...unless we'll be starting with 15 characters, unlikely since there were 14 in Melee and 10(?) in 64. I'd prefer a good 18-20 to start in Brawl.

And I'd quote Sensai's last post here, but my Wii can't copy n' paste...so just go back a page and read it.

P.S. THREE DAYS!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Actually Chief, you needed to tell me. I don't like Halo, havn't played it in months, and therefore had very little idea as to what movies have been released by Ubisoft.

Creo, you mean you won't sleep well from now until the new Brawl information, or you won't sleep that night it is released? I'm with you on that one, the night that passes with "One Day Japan Time" will be sleepless for me, even if the update comes at six in the morning. Just NEED that first scoop of information.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
XD

Ubisoft making Halo...whoo that's rich.

Oh crap, you're serious aren't'cha? Sorry, but that gave me a good chuckle. Bungie are the Halo guys, for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom