• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Tetsuya Nomura has weird fetishes.
Such as what? I couldn't imagine that his fetishes would be made public, maybe they're just things that entertain him more than get to him.

...Wario has a weird backwards headbutt and runs weird... But nevertheless... he is not a clone in any way from the trailers...
I agree.

Kid Icarus is a God of a game, and it's **** hard, too.

Wario :: Bowser = Falcon :: Ganon
I'll look foward to playing it on the virtual console then.

And what do you mean by that analogy? He'll be a faster Bowser?

I predict that Snake will be like Link with some more power and some less range.
Wario.. yeah, probably a stronger Mario. He doesn't seem particularly slow...
Which basically gives you Ganon, power and faster than people credit him for. Wario will probably slump at the bottom of the tier list for a few quarters, then someone will do for him what Thomas Tippin did for Ganondorf and he'll see a lot of tournament play. I also get the feeling that the same will happen for Snake, though he won't be "high" tier. He just seems, like someone else said, unaddaptable to many fighting situations.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Having a boob fetish makes you weird...? <_<

Also, we've seem, like, four of Snake's and Wario's moves...I think we should wait to see more before trying to guess tier placement based on the one thing that doesn't determine it (IE the computer or developers playing...which, I guess, is two things).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
Having a boob fetish makes you weird...? <_<
No, having a strange obsession with putting zippers anywhere and everywhere on every character you're allowed to design makes you weird.

Rhyme said:
I'll look foward to playing it on the virtual console then.
I'd advise against it: they took the passwords out! What the fudge!? But that's just me and my nostalgia talking. If you've never played it before, get it.

Depster

Smash Champion
I think Wario is going to be nearly totally original. I mean, who else has even ever farted in his/her game?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Almost the same for me, Corax, but not quite. I thought Wario was a worthy addition, I just couldn't think of what he could possibly do. Nintendo appears to have done a good job so far, and I look foward to playing as him(though he's not my top ASAP).

What's this about Pit and passwords, Mendez?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think Wario is going to be nearly totally original. I mean, who else has even ever farted in his/her game?
Boogerman and Stimpy are two good examples of characters that have farted in their own games.

As for Wario, I've always loved the selfish little *******. He's absolutely hilarious, especially when he refers to himself in the third person.

Wario said:
"Oh, yes! Wario wins!"
Remember that gem from Mario Kart: Double Dash? I die laughing whenever I hear it.

Wario is one of my "To Play" characters, aside from Metaknight. Judging from what I've seen in the trailer, I'm gonna have to agree that he does look like a heavy hitter of some kind---though I don't think he's gonna be another Ganon when it comes to raw power.

Smooth Criminal

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Boogerman is a disgusting game. Snot and farts everywhere, that game is the pinnacle of immaturity. Looks like a game a bunch of 5 year olds would play forever. :urg:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What's this about Pit and passwords, Mendez?
Kid Icarus on NES used a password-save system like Metroid (it also borrowed the Metroid engine, coincidentally), but if you were feeling cheap, you could put in level-warping passwords. DANGER TERROR HORROR !!!!!! was one, as was ICARUS FIGHTS MEDUSA...forgot that last part.

Anyhoo, in the VC release, the passwords don't work for some stupid reason. The thing isthat these passwords were (at least for me) a huge part of the experience, since they were the only way I ever beat the game at a pint-sized 5 years. If I'd known before hand that they removed them, I wouldn't have downloaded it.

But like I said, that's just me and my nostalgia talking.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just to be clear, I did not say that Wario will be a clone of Mario. That would disregard all evidence we have... no, according to my classifications ( that no one cares about ), I think I'd put him in the same group as Mario for his apparent size, range, speed in movement and attacks and range.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well I haven't downloaded it so I can't tell you... But I would imagine it has something...(or is that to jump levels...haven't played it in ages...)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh ok, I guess I'll buy it since I've never played it before. Now I just need to get a Wii...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...I hear yah... Ocarina of Time was the best game ever though and I think it's 800 points. Either that or 1000. What have you gotten so far..?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Let's see... I only got one 2000pt card for Christmas this year. I almost bought another for myself, but out of the holiday spirit I put it back and got something else for my mother... not the smartest thing I've ever done... Bah humbug...

I bought:
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (800 pts) (totally worth it)
Super Mario Bros. (500 pts) (totally worth it)
The Legend of Zelda (500 pts) (would be worth it even if it was 5,000,000 pts)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Let's see... I only got one 2000pt card for Christmas this year. I almost bought another for myself, but out of the holiday spirit I put it back and got something else for my mother... not the smartest thing I've ever done... Bah humbug...

I bought:
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (800 pts) (totally worth it)
Super Mario Bros. (500 pts) (totally worth it)
The Legend of Zelda (500 pts) (would be worth it even if it was 5,000,000 pts)
Agree with you all the way. Don't be generous ever again. Remember, it's better to give than recieve so give yourself more Wii Points.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have OoT...love that game so much.

Kid Icarus is really hard. Like...one of the hardest games I've ever played hard. Rather...it was until I leveled up a bunch. But jeah.

Um...topic = new VC thread! Yaaaaaaaaaay.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus's first few levels are brutal, but after that it's mostly a breeze. Though the final dungeon area can be kind of frustrating with all of those Eggplant Wizards in the worst possible areas.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Kid Icarus's first few levels are brutal, but after that it's mostly a breeze. Though the final dungeon area can be kind of frustrating with all of those Eggplant Wizards in the worst possible areas.
REally? That's a relief. I was worried that it would only get harder from there!

Depster

Smash Champion
meh, i'm not spending my Wii points until i get a certain game, my first car racing game ever... Can anyone guess it? Just try

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Mario Kart or F-Zero...

Sensai, I got Ocarina of Time to. Want a challenge, try and do what I do. Beat Ganon(not Ganondorf) without stunning him at all and only thing you can use is the sword.(biggorons or Master) Plus you can't lose health at all.

Second Challenge: Start a knew file and beat the hole game without dying with only three hearts.(I've done it once before...gets you back into the game)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Does no one else own one of the Ocarina re-releases on GCN? Or is it just me? The only Zeldas I'd download would be the GB ones, assuming Ninty ever gets their butts in gear and starts supporting said platform over the VC.

So then what have I been spending my hard earned Wii Points on?

-Donkey Kong (I get at least one good run out of it every week)
-Donkey Kong Jr. (I've realized this isn't as good as I remember it...)
-Golden Axe (How is it that with 2 players it's a snap, but single player is much tougher?)
-Gunstar Heroes (Best game on the VC. Period.)
-StarFox 64 (WHERE'S THE RUMBLE!?)
-Bonk's Adventure (Why wasn't I aware of how awesome Bonk is?)
-Bonk's Revenge (Despite the lack of the awesome glitches from the first one, still awesome)
-Super Mario Bros. (Nuff' said.)
-Street Fighter II (I'm already kicking myself over not waiting for Turbo.)
-Kid Icarus (Yeah, it's that hard.)
-Super Mario 64 (Wow does this camera system suck.)
-Super Castlevania IV (YAY!)
-Dragon's Curse (Probably never heard of it, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Which it is.)
-Legend of the Mystical Ninja (I heart Goemon Kid Ying.)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I missed out on the Collector's Edition but I do still have the WW pre-order disc as well as OoT and MM for the N64. I have ALTTP and MC and recently bought LA, OoA, and OoS...so I'm almost all set with Zelda games. Just need the NES ones. :/

I have Kirby's Adventure (definately more than worth it), Kid Icarus (still can't get past the second level) and Ristar (which I hold a vendetta against RawmeatCowboy for convincing me to buy it :/). I need to buy another VC card. :/

Also, I'd rather play MM again than OoT. :/

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
Also, I'd rather play MM again than OoT. :/
Yeah, I'm with you there. It's a better game, even if Ocarina still has that "first-time adventure" thing going for it.

I was literally hovering over the "yes" button to download Kirby, but a friend reminded me at the last moment that I already have Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA. And yeah, Ristar isn't that great. Ninty needs to give us a Stafy game so I can find out what's so great about them...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I think it'd be cool if Nintendo put up the Stafy games along with Mother 3 and any other JPN only games on the original download channel they're apparently working on. That would ownzorize.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Probably not. It's confirmed that original downloadable games are coming for the Wii and that it'll be a channel seperate than VC. There's nothing beyond that, though. Just saying it'd be cool if, since those games were never released here, they could be put on the original download channel instead of going through the trouble of producing it and releasing it as a full game...they'd have to translate it, though, so they'd probably be more expensive than VC games. But it'd still be cool.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Okay, all square then.

I think this is relevant: the Impossible Mission remake (i.e. game created just to be downloaded) is being put on the VC, not this nebulous 'original channel'...so maybe Nintendo will just update the VC with a new menu. "Virtual Console", "Wii Ware", and "New Media" or something of the sort.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya...now that I think about that it wouldn't make sense since there is no "Virtual Console Channel". You'll probably buy them from Wii Shop and then they'll be their own channel.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, I think it'd be cool if Nintendo put up the Stafy games along with Mother 3 and any other JPN only games on the original download channel they're apparently working on. That would ownzorize.
I love that idea, though Mother 3 on the DS or GBA would simply be awsome, and would probably be the way to go. Since I've recently started playing Mother 2/Earthbound, I've loved it, that plus Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, along with FF VI are the best RPGs of the genre, period, no questions asked!

Lol Chief, I've been playing Kid Icaurus, and I can honestly say the only harder game I've played is Zelda II (I actually beat it=hardest game ever, but still good!). Kid Icarus is even harder than Super Mario Bros. 2&3 (which I also beat=yae took forever!), which says a lot!

Originally posted by Chief Mendez
Okay, all square then.

I think this is relevant: the Impossible Mission remake (i.e. game created just to be downloaded) is being put on the VC, not this nebulous 'original channel'...so maybe Nintendo will just update the VC with a new menu. "Virtual Console", "Wii Ware", and "New Media" or something of the sort.
I heard something like that with a remake with OOT (which I saw a vid of it on the Project 64 homepage). Some people made it to where OOT could use the Wiimote targeting system and controls, and they could actually point the Wiimote and use the Wiimote for OOT exactly like Twilight Princess. Needless to say if Nintendo made a release like that with OOT, WW, and MM would be awsome (*cough* and Prime 1&2). Still Staffy, the earlier Final Fantasy's and Fire Emblems (the Japan exclusives) in English (minus the GBA versions) would be nice, and Mother 1! :ness:

Originally posted by Devastlian
missed out on the Collector's Edition but I do still have the WW pre-order disc as well as OoT and MM for the N64. I have ALTTP and MC and recently bought LA, OoA, and OoS...so I'm almost all set with Zelda games. Just need the NES ones. :/
Collector's Edition rocks, but if Nintendo makes a Master Quest version of MM, ALTTP, and WW, I would be pretty happy and jump on them. OOT Master Quest was awsome, and a Master Quest of the super underrated MM would be awsome. Despite this, if there as a Master Quest of the most underrated LOZ, in Zelda II...imagine that....=even harder=me even angrier dying for the billionth time! :mad: :mad: :mad:, even if it is still awsome! :laugh: :) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom