• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
That's not all the information that was embargoed, though. There's still a bit more according to IGN and Kotaku.
Like...hands-on playtime with Brawl!?

Rhyme said:
Embargo? How can they ban information? That's not right.
I don't presume to know how it works, but I do know that only official sites and publications like IGN or GameInformer are invited to stuff like this. Blogs would (and have) post this info ASAP, ruining the hype. Either way, it's working.

Rhyme said:
By the way, care to share the institution which you dared not disclose? Ya' know, since I asked reeeal nicely?
Oh, that's just my fancy way of saying mental institution Shadow Moses military school juvenile hall the work force Afghanistan armed services captain's quarters a bottle of strawberry jam political asylum #$@!& the Radley estate six feet under correctional institute High School.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, now it's "Min-E3". Get it? Cuz it sounds like "mini", which is cool and funny because the new E3 is a smaller version of what it used to be.

Epsilon53: You fail.

13 minutes...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Apparently SSBB wasn't at the event today. There's a decent chance that it'll be at the one tomorrow but...that one is for print media so we won't hear it anyway until around E3 anyway.
Too bad E3 isn't open to the public=haters! :mad: I hope Nintendo releases a Brawl trailer at E3 (or right before E3), so we'll all be happy, and I'm sure we would all want that! :) Also note there is a good chance we'll get a trailer in a few minutes, and if not expect it sometime this week or next week, but IMO more likely this week! ;)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'll give this thing til' 3:15, then I'm calling it quits. I don't think the update will be mind-blowing anyway...so even if I miss it by a few minutes, I'll catch it in the morning before school.

7 minutes and counting...
6 minutes...
5 minutes...
4 minutes...
...And I'm out of here.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Still nothing doing. Also, I'm not sure if you've edited your last post Chief, but when I quoted you the whole numbers part at the bottom of your post wasn't here at all. Uber lag.

Three seventeen.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1:10=I'm gone, I'm not staying up any later. Seriously Nintendo, why not make a time to update your site that is convinant for us here in NA and in Europe=? O well, I'm gone off to bed now, I'll c ya all in the morning-Johnknight1 :link: :mario: :luigi: :dk: :ness: :bowser: :009: :goomba:

Evolver

Smash Cadet
for Europe the update time is not that bad ;) we (atleast in germany/austria) get updates arround 10 a.m. each day (today it was 10:17, yesterday it was 10:02) its only not that good for NA ;P

also the update contained 2 allready confirmed chars Mario / Link (with new pics)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The update wasn't work staying up for, I'm glad I didn't. It's just some pics of Mario and Link. Tomorrow will probably be Pit and Metaknight.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I'd be willing to bet Kirby and Pikachu are next myself. These bios basically just introduce the characters (as though we don't know who they are :p) so all we are really gonna get out of them at the moment are new screens. But that's no all that bad. Pictures are worth a thousand words after all. ^_^

Or maybe he'll throw us a curveball and confirm some stages? I can hope...

WaterTails

Smash Lord
just had a kinda out there idea, but how awesome would tanooki be for mario instead of cape?

doesn't Link look creapy?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I completely forgot about those 2, looks like we won't see any characters till mid-next week if they give us new characters each day, which I doubt will happen. I'm looking forward to seeing some items, I know the competitive scene doesn't use them but items are great for taking breaks from being serious all the time.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I kid, I kid. I don't think any GS peoples will be playable: it's not a very recognizable, original, or popular franchise. And the composer you're thinking of (Sakuraba) has much better stuff in his resumé...like Valkyrie Profile and the Star Ocean series.
Ha!

Thanks for confirming that, Chief. I was wondering whether the Motoi Sakuraba that was on the music list was the same guy that composed the music for Valkyrie Profile. Kinda idiotic to think otherwise, but you'd be surprised at the lack of innovation found in names nowadays.

Anyway...

As a couple of people have mentioned, the assortment of composers is just that: A group of people getting together to do some *****in' tunes. I don't think it confirms or even semi-confirms characters.

Smooth Criminal

Rhyme

Smash Lord
The Hero Bow looks so sweet...

And what is that attack where he has both hands on his sword? FSmash?
That looks to be a Fsmash, though it cannot be certain. Or maybe his running attack? It's one of those two, I'm fairly certain of that.

for Europe the update time is not that bad ;) we (atleast in germany/austria) get updates arround 10 a.m. each day (today it was 10:17, yesterday it was 10:02) its only not that good for NA ;P

also the update contained 2 allready confirmed chars Mario / Link (with new pics)
I...am speachless...

I stayed awake for the update, and the last time I refreshed the site, my computer's clock read three seventeen am. Because of what you said the first two update times were, and my first update time was around three am, I missed the update by LESS THAN ONE MINUTE!...

So unfair...

Vali

Smash Ace
I stayed awake for the update, and the last time I refreshed the site, my computer's clock read three seventeen am. Because of what you said the first two update times were, and my first update time was around three am, I missed the update by LESS THAN ONE MINUTE!...

So unfair...
It's not like you actually missed anything.

Did you hear Scav? Apparently Link is in it too!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
ZOmGNoW4Y! Lies, nEVEr! ;)

Honestly though, that "Game Modes" section has me intrigued, what new modes will they add?

EDIT: I know I didn't actually miss anything, but after staying up until after three in the morning, it's a bit disheartening to hear that I missed the update by less than sixty seconds.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I still wouldn't advise people to stay up late for the updates. At this rate we'll get stuff that we already know until mid-next week.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The only reason I'm not dissapointed by today's update is because I main Link, and I can't wait to get my hands on him...

...get your minds out of the gutter.

Anyway, his double-fisted sword slash is almost definitely his Fsmash...but I wonder if they dropped his follow through (the second video makes me think they did) or not? Also, I wonder if he always crouches to fire his bow, or if that's a byproduct of the new crouching mechanic?

Mario's fireball is totally hi-technicaaal!

EDIT - Yeah, I'm not staying up late anymore: I'll just catch them in the morning.

Sensai

Smash Master
ZOMG Link and Fox aer t3h confirmed!!!!11AGAIN!!?!!!!

This is too much! My puny heart can't handle this. Maybe tomorrow they're reannounce some new characters?!?!?!?!?!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Definitely they will.

Tomorrow: Kirby and Pikachu
Friday: Pit and Meta Knight
-LONGASS WEEKEND-
Monday: Zero Suit Samus and Wario
Tuesday: Fox and Samus
Wednesday: Snake

After that, I really don't know. They might go into some of the other stuff. They're bound to give us something new by the end of next week. I'll be pissed if they don't, and if they stop updating daily at any point.

Vali

Smash Ace
The only reason I'm not dissapointed by today's update is because I main Link, and I can't wait to get my hands on him...

A dirty thought didn't cross my mind until you said the gutter part. Now that you've said that though, I couldn't possibly think of any other meaning to the "can't wait to get my hands on him" bit.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

Anyway, his double-fisted sword slash is almost definitely his Fsmash...but I wonder if they dropped his follow through (the second video makes me think they did) or not? Also, I wonder if he always crouches to fire his bow, or if that's a byproduct of the new crouching mechanic?

Mario's fireball is totally hi-technicaaal!

EDIT - Yeah, I'm not staying up late anymore: I'll just catch them in the morning.
I noticed that too. I can think of some good reasons for crouching.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Vali said:
A dirty thought didn't cross my mind until you said the gutter part. Now that you've said that though, I couldn't possibly think of any other meaning to the "can't wait to get my hands on him" bit.
Well obviously you're such an overwhelming pervert that it doesn't affect you until some triggering phrase is comprehended by your brain-sack. You pervert.

Anyway: crouching. I'm fine with little tweaks like being able to hold down on the c-stick while aiming an arrow to crouch, just like the "hidden" ability to aim Link's boomerang. What I don't want to see is unnecessary features like that be a prominent feature in the game. I don't think Mario needs to be able to shoot fireballs from a prone position, and really, why would he need to? This wholw crawling thing is out of place in Smash anyway.

Vali

Smash Ace
Well obviously you're such an overwhelming pervert that it doesn't affect you until some triggering phrase is comprehended by your brain-sack. You pervert.
I hear attack is the best form of defense :laugh:.

Besides, isn't Adult Link only like 17 in TP? That's jailbat in some parts of the world. You sicken me.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I believe I confessed my status as a raging pedophiliac some time ago on a thread somewhere on SWF. So no news there man...you're just too new to know the REAL Chief Mendez.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Definitely they will.

Tomorrow: Kirby and Pikachu
Friday: Pit and Meta Knight
-LONGASS WEEKEND-
Monday: Zero Suit Samus and Wario
Tuesday: Fox and Samus
Wednesday: Snake

After that, I really don't know. They might go into some of the other stuff. They're bound to give us something new by the end of next week. I'll be pissed if they don't, and if they stop updating daily at any point.
**** I just hope that they'll put some new info concerning stages or game modes, but yea I think we will see something "major" in the upcoming days (or weeks)

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I like the graphix on marios fireballs much better than the last game even though i prefer doc

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
So a Site that got 7 different languages, a complete overhaul on the site and Daily updates is not considered "MAJOR?"

You people never cease to amaze me.

sjel

Smash Rookie
Hmm its good but maybe the smashers wanna the new characters, cuz we know who are the first characters, the page is good but maybe needs something like this in the characters. like powers and abilities

Mario
blablablabla
special power: 10000 fires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom