• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Ace
They better put emphasis on C. Falcon's knees when they make him.
I still think that Ike will rule the world, especially if Roy's gone.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I honestly could see another PT in the future. Maybe not for SSBB, but for future installments.
A Psychic Pokemon-based PT? (Sabrina)
A Dragon Pokemon-based PT? (Lance)

Honestly, I think that would be a great idea, but I think as long as we have Pikachu, Jiggz, Mew2, Lucario, and PT... we have enough Pokemon for this Smash.
Sabrina would be sextacular. Seriously, I love the idea of SSPT. I hope Nintendo realizes what a great and/or lucrative concept this is! Control a trainer AND his or her Pokémon! :bigthumbu

Granted, it's a huge departure from the series' classic turn-based play, but still, it would be fun.

P.S. - LUCAS TOMORROW! =)
(Or AC Character, or Ness, or CF).

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Sabrina would be sextacular. Seriously, I love the idea of SSPT. I hope Nintendo realizes what a great and/or lucrative concept this is! Control a trainer AND his or her Pokémon! :bigthumbu

Granted, it's a huge departure from the series' classic turn-based play, but still, it would be fun.

Yeah, turn based is getting old. Give us something new Nintendo! Regarding pokemon that is.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Pokemon needs a fast paced Pokemon game, that's what I've been hoping for since the first Pokemon Stadium. A game that plays like the handhelds, but you can see the pokemon in the grass before you catch them, and you don't have to play in the style of: "You smack me, I smack you; You smack me, I smack you; You smack me...", you fight Pokemon anime style! w00t! High octane action!

P.S.- I'm going to add you to my Wii-ddress Book, Aeris. Please do the same? And do you have MP3 I wonder? Cuz I need some friend vouchers. I'm more than willing to share! kthxbye :chuckle:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I always thought that this would be the BEST ever.

You're a trainer. Just like on any Gameboy etc... but it's actually 3D. Like from a view point that you would find in Zelda with Link. You always see your guy and run around. You see a Poke in the wild and Z throws your chosen Poke. Say it's Pika and the wild Poke's a Beedrill. You control your guy with the stick and you point and hit A with the Wiimote to send your Poke where you want it to go. Meanwhile B is one attack, - and + are to cycle through four on a dial at the top right of the screne and you actually fight the Beedrill. Almost like Zelda and you go 1 to see your list of moves when you want different attacks available when you fight. Z brings your Poke back and 2 selects which Poke you want out next. R could be to throw an empty Pokeball to catch it.

That would be SOOOO fun!

Running all over the place like Mario or Link. The other top sellers are top sellers for a reason. Imagine if Pokemon was like that o_O OMFG!!!!
And you could e joined up over the course of the game by other computerized trainers and they fight bosses or something beside you. Like a freakin swarm of Primates or whatever.

THAT GAME WOULD PWN!

Fawriel

Smash Master
All I wanna see is a Pokemon game where you can go where you want, catch the Pokemon you want, do what you want and be who you want.
Complete free-roaming Pokemon training, breeding, grooming and whatnot action.

... that would probably be an MMORPG.

Unfortunately, a Pokemon MMORPG would plunge the world into chaos as millions of children all over the world ( primarily in Japan ) refuse to ever leave their computer again.
Thus, you must eliminate all memories of this idea and not mention it to Nintendo executives EVER.
Power corrupts. O_O

AJAnimosity

Smash Rookie
All I wanna see is a Pokemon game where you can go where you want, catch the Pokemon you want, do what you want and be who you want.
Complete free-roaming Pokemon training, breeding, grooming and whatnot action.

... that would probably be an MMORPG.

Unfortunately, a Pokemon MMORPG would plunge the world into chaos as millions of children all over the world ( primarily in Japan ) refuse to ever leave their computer again.
Thus, you must eliminate all memories of this idea and not mention it to Nintendo executives EVER.
Power corrupts. O_O
Actually, a friend of mine and I for about 5 months now have been saying how awesome a Pokemon MMO would be, and how we (as 22 and 21 year old adult males respectively...) would never leave our homes again.

Madness. Insanity. Perfection. I love it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I always thought that this would be the BEST ever.

You're a trainer. Just like on any Gameboy etc... but it's actually 3D. Like from a view point that you would find in Zelda with Link. You always see your guy and run around. You see a Poke in the wild and Z throws your chosen Poke. Say it's Pika and the wild Poke's a Beedrill. You control your guy with the stick and you point and hit A with the Wiimote to send your Poke where you want it to go. Meanwhile B is one attack, - and + are to cycle through four on a dial at the top right of the screne and you actually fight the Beedrill. Almost like Zelda and you go 1 to see your list of moves when you want different attacks available when you fight. Z brings your Poke back and 2 selects which Poke you want out next. R could be to throw an empty Pokeball to catch it.

That would be SOOOO fun!

Running all over the place like Mario or Link. The other top sellers are top sellers for a reason. Imagine if Pokemon was like that o_O OMFG!!!!
And you could e joined up over the course of the game by other computerized trainers and they fight bosses or something beside you. Like a freakin swarm of Primates or whatever.

THAT GAME WOULD PWN!
That's pretty much exactly what I thought of when I heard about Pokemon Stadium. I was actually rather disappointed when I found out it was basically the GBA game, in 3D, without any of the puzzle solving or moving around.

Anyway, yay for Piplup. He was my favorite starter in Diamond (Hell, Empoleon's one of my favorite pokemon of the whole 4th gen).

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Pokemon needs a fast paced Pokemon game, that's what I've been hoping for since the first Pokemon Stadium. A game that plays like the handhelds, but you can see the pokemon in the grass before you catch them, and you don't have to play in the style of: "You smack me, I smack you; You smack me, I smack you; You smack me...", you fight Pokemon anime style! w00t! High octane action!

P.S.- I'm going to add you to my Wii-ddress Book, Aeris. Please do the same? And do you have MP3 I wonder? Cuz I need some friend vouchers. I'm more than willing to share! kthxbye :chuckle:
cool idea. What is SSS thats on your sig?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
PokeMMOnRPG!!!

Lucario is such a cooler Pokemon than Empoleon. And Torterra had way better attacks.

EDIT:
S.S.S. stand for Smashing at Sonic Speeds (or something along those lines).
We're a pro-Sonic 4 Brawl group. Also, we plan on maining Sonic in Brawl if/when he makes it.

Come join, we're in the Official Sonic Thread. You should join (if you like the idea of Sonic in Brawl that is).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, a friend of mine and I for about 5 months now have been saying how awesome a Pokemon MMO would be, and how we (as 22 and 21 year old adult males respectively...) would never leave our homes again.

Madness. Insanity. Perfection. I love it.
Sup.
I'm a 19 year-old linguistics student.
And I want a frikkin Furret farm.
And a Gardevoir.
Plus a Psyduck...
...and Mawile.
And Cubone.

I'll go over there and bash my head against the wall now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lucario is such a cooler Pokemon than Empoleon.
Debatable. I also happen to have some weird affinity for penguins (Happy Feet, straight up, is my FAVORITE movie), so that may have something to do with my Empoleon love.

And Torterra had way better attacks.
I'll take your word for it, but I still like Emp. Though Torterra is pretty nifty. If it weren't for Piplup, I would've picked Turtwig. Chimchar's the only one between the three of them with NO cool forms, as far as I'm concerned.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Debatable. I also happen to have some weird affinity for penguins (Happy Feet, straight up, is my FAVORITE movie), so that may have something to do with my Empoleon love.
True, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. "To each his own."
But for the record: Piplup was my starter too!

I'll take your word for it, but I still like Emp. Though Torterra is pretty nifty. If it weren't for Piplup, I would've picked Turtwig. Chimchar's the only one between the three of them with NO cool forms, as far as I'm concerned.
Chimchar was pretty cute, and his evolved form was kinda cool looking. It's one of those pokemon that you say to yourself: "Man, if pokemon existed that would be a cool pet to have."

But Infernape just looks straight out ugly.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Empoleon is definately one of my favs from the 4th gen, maybe even my fav. Torterra rocked too, but I have this thing for penguins also. Can't its flippers cut diamonds or something?

They seem to be sticking with the 1st gen for Pokemon character choices though. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Pichu(although not from the first gen its there cuz of pikachu), Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are all from the 1st gen. Chances are, if there are anymore pokemon characters revealed, its going to be from the 1st gen.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
True, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. "To each his own."
But for the record: Piplup was my starter too!

Chimchar was pretty cute, and his evolved form was kinda cool looking. It's one of those pokemon that you say to yourself: "Man, if pokemon existed that would be a cool pet to have."

But Infernape just looks straight out ugly.
(sob) I'll never have a DS at this rate, I even have to wait one year until I can afford a Wii. Meaning I'll probably never play Pearl or Diamond... :(

And in regards to the Pokémon MMORPG: OMG! What have I started??

Actually, I like the idea very much. I have envisioned a 3D Pokémon game myself, where the attacks of your Pokémon can affect the world around you. Blast your way through boulders with Electrode's Explosion! Melt your way through ice blocks with fire attacks! Crawl up waterfalls with, um, Waterfall. Dig for items with Diglett! Let Horsea water your flowers!

And so on...

Oh well, maybe we should go back to Brawl discussion.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Torterra is clearly the superior final starter evolution.

A Pokemon you can call Great A'Tuin? It doesn't get any better than that!

They seem to be sticking with the 1st gen for Pokemon character choices though. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Pichu(although not from the first gen its there cuz of pikachu), Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are all from the 1st gen. Chances are, if there are anymore pokemon characters revealed, its going to be from the 1st gen.
Actually, I think that suggests that we're in for some newer Pokemon for a change.
Oh well, maybe we should go back to Brawl discussion.
...oh yeah, there was that, too.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Empoleon is definately one of my favs from the 4th gen, maybe even my fav. Torterra rocked too, but I have this thing for penguins also. Can't its flippers cut diamonds or something?
I just have one thing to say to that:
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-050707.php

Well, despite Snake not appearing on the Dojo since it was updated, looks like Konami has decided to give us a glimpse of him, including what could be his up-B

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1111
Whoa! Cool news! Does this mark the return of entrances!? And what in the world is that thing Snake is hovering down from?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Maybe it's an item. I don't remember the homerun bat being confirmed, so those could just be hints.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The Homerun bat is in brawl, there is a snkae pictures thread(it is not fake, it is real) and he has a homerun bat on him

45jordan78

Smash Rookie
You guys do realize that the pokemon trainer, the ice climbers, and diddy kong are confirmed don't you? I ask because they are not on the confirmed list.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, Psyduck eh? After it reaches 100% damage it unleashes an awesome Psychic attack! :p

Eh, maybe not. lol

Rhyme

Smash Lord
At least we KNOW we'll get a character tomarrow
Actually, we'll get a Character Update tomorrow. There's no saying that it'll necessarily be a character, but it SHOULD be in the character update's category since we haven't gotten one yet this week. And Sakurai, we can forget formalities if you leave us with a stage or, even worse, music on this Friday of all Fridays.

That's why you make it for the DS.

Yay Happy Feet! That's one of my all-time favorite movies too! Not because of the penguins, though, but because of the whole religion-bashing aspect and acceptance crap, among other things. ^^

Well, despite Snake not appearing on the Dojo since it was updated, looks like Konami has decided to give us a glimpse of him, including what could be his up-B

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1111
Whoa! Cool news! Does this mark the return of entrances!? And what in the world is that thing Snake is hovering down from?
Hm...interesting. I thought he had jumped and was grabbing onto something within the level, but your theory is plausible as well. I've honestly been saying that Snake would use a Clawshot-type grapple hook for recovery since the NWT, but whatever. Mr. Sakurai is the boss.

Guess who I'll be using...Go on, guess. lol
Way to represent, ER.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
It's called a Cypher, from MGS2. It's probably his UpB recovery.
I don't want many Tether things. It's unique to a few characters, like wall jumping and footstool jumping.
If they can get away from using it, good. I feel there's too much gliding and hovering going on though.
Peach could do it in melee, now Charizard, MK, Pit, Peach and Snake? Give me a break already!

NO CHARACTER TOMORROW!

PC on Monday AND Friday next week :chuckle: yeah yeah yeah *bobs on chair*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oh, didn't know that's what it was called. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, the Tether Recovery isn't that widespread. ((Speaking of which, I don't think it means that midair grab recoveries should home in. Taking the skill out of hitting an edge will really take the edge out of competitive play recovery. (Pun intended.) )) Either way, if Zamus/Samus, Link, Ivysaur and Snake are the only ones who can do it then that's perfectly fine by me. Characters who can fly: MK, Pit, Charizard, Peach and Ridley (what?). It wasn't a problem that eight characters in Melee could walljump, so why a problem all of a sudden?

Hey, chances are that there isn't two reps for any series as starters, correct? Like, since we're already given DK and Diddy, that means one+ unlockable DK rep. Samus and Zamus means at least 1 Metroid rep. If we're given Wolf as an update tomorrow morning, that means one more SF rep, etc.

EDIT: Who could possibly fill the role of an Animal Crossing representative? And is this Tom Nook? Please note: I did Google search him, and the furry critter furthest to the left looks enough like him.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I still think it would be interesting to unlock K.K. Slider by playing on the AC stage on Saturday at 8:00pm. After he's done playing he jumps onto the stage and you battle him ^_^

-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom