• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
All right. I was going to respond with a ridiculously long post, but I decided against it...too much work, and it'll take too long. I didn't read the last few pages either. I only have a few things to say.

ICs coming back...

BLOWS!

Now, that was the most important thing. Everything else is secondary.

I don't like the item that much. Instead of "squeaksqueaksqueak" it's more like "lamelamelame". One hammer is enough, especially when it gets its own awesome music. The best part of this update is that we get a little of Diddy's movement. Looks like he runs on all fours, like Pikachu, but stands up to fight, also like Pika.

@Dyce: did you ever make that "update wishlist" thread? 'cause I wanna post there...

That's all, everyone. I'll be on for a while though.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^I hope you'll be glad to know tha Sakurai is still in 1 piece
Good. Otherwise it would've been a pain in the @$$ to go back in time and rescue him and kill you.

Hang on...just 'cause he's still in one piece doesn't mean he's still alive...he could've had all the updates planned out and told someone else to do them...is he still alive, Repryx?

Repryx

Smash Champion
yeah the ICs Redeemed him so Im givin him a 2 week grace period till I decide the next threaten-to-assault date

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
All right. I was going to respond with a ridiculously long post, but I decided against it...too much work, and it'll take too long. I didn't read the last few pages either. I only have a few things to say.

ICs coming back...

BLOWS!

Now, that was the most important thing. Everything else is secondary.

I don't like the item that much. Instead of "squeaksqueaksqueak" it's more like "lamelamelame". One hammer is enough, especially when it gets its own awesome music. The best part of this update is that we get a little of Diddy's movement. Looks like he runs on all fours, like Pikachu, but stands up to fight, also like Pika.

@Dyce: did you ever make that "update wishlist" thread? 'cause I wanna post there...

That's all, everyone. I'll be on for a while though.
1) No it doesn't, because all Melee characters should return even if you don't particularly like them, especially considering that they're original. And to be honest, I shouldn't be talking, I hated ICs in Melee. I can't play as them and I can't fight against them. But it's still just better have have all the originals.

2) I hate Squeaky Hammer. If the hammer is so rare, why would they make it have the possibility of becoming futile? Seems kind of worthless to me... even if the Golden Hammer is God Tier.

3) Yea, I made it, but everyone who posted seemed to hate me for it. Here's the link:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
1) No it doesn't, because all Melee characters should return even if you don't particularly like them, especially considering that they're original. And to be honest, I shouldn't be talking, I hated ICs in Melee. I can't play as them and I can't fight against them. But it's still just better have have all the originals.

I really wanted the ICs to throw themselves off their mountain. IMO, they suck. They're a waste of a character space, and I really and truly hate them.

Unless they got a better MS...

2) I hate Squeaky Hammer. If the hammer is so rare, why would they make it have the possibility of becoming futile? Seems kind of worthless to me... even if the Golden Hammer is God Tier.

I don't think it becomes "futile", I think it just becomes...annoying.

3) Yea, I made it, but everyone who posted seemed to hate me for it. Here's the link:

Where? You didn't post it...

Fawriel

Smash Master
... Thank Blackadder for voodooing us a great update.
And thank me for asking him.
And thank Sakurai for keeping his promise.

Holy crap. o_o

Wi-Fi confirmed.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Best update so far!!! also told ya i had a feeling that there would be a good update tuesday or thursday.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well Looks Like I can only Hurt Sakurai now....not kill him GREAT FRIGGIN UPDATE...unfourtunatly Im not gonna get any exp by playin someone in Japan....but its alright its the best given our current technology

Flawless Victory, Sakurai

Flawless Victory....

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well Looks Like I can only Hurt Sakurai now....not kill him GREAT FRIGGIN UPDATE...unfourtunatly Im not gonna get any exp by playin someone in Japan....but its alright its the best given our current technology

Flawless Victory, Sakurai

Flawless Victory....
You don't have to play someone from Japan. You can play me! I live in NJ so we're only a state away. I'll be dammed if we don't get a good connection there.

I was wondering about the game that is coming to the DS of ssb I want think that it is true about the comment I have hear it ???
You know, I was ridiculed a while back for wondering if Smash would ever make its way onto DS because of the lack of a control stick. But now that Sakurai has instated that you can play Brawl on a solo/sideways Wii-mote... I don't think that playing on a DS would be that difficult.

Sonic 4 Brawl
SSBDS 4 Existence

Repryx

Smash Champion
You don't have to play someone from Japan. You can play me! I live in NJ so we're only a state away. I'll be dammed if we don't get a good connection there.
But the Japanese people are gonna get better 1st then WE are gonna get betterrer but I wanna get better 1st with them...BUt if it makes you feel anybetter I'll play you DYCE I gotta put my Wii # up....on DEC 2nd when I feel like it...quick question....who is gonna totally prepare their game area on like DEC 2nd maybe vacuum it throw a fridge in there....few oxygen tanks...spruce it up for Dec 3rd?

EDIT: Who is gonna play Sakurai?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
{Pfffft}... I'm already good at Smash. I don't need no stinking Japanese kids to practice with.

And I already have my early December 1st-3rd calendar set up:

Dec 1st- Stay up as long as I can so I can fall right asleep Sunday night. The excitement will never let my relax.

Dec 2nd- Play Melee all day and call as many local Smashers as I can to join. Spruce up my Wii quarters for tomorrow, go to bed early.

Dec 3rd- Go to my 8:00am class, go to my 10:15 class, drive back to my hometown, pick up Smash and a strategy guide, stare at the box, stare at the disk, read the pamphlet, read the strategy guide, cry tears of joy, go to my 1:40pm class. Drive home, play all day and night.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
With Wi-Fi confirmed, all we need is a newcomer to make this a perfect week. Lucas, please? Maybe even the elusive AC character? :bigthumbu

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Maybe we'll even get TWO characters like we did with PT and Peach. If we get both Lucas (newcomer) and Ness (veteran), and combine that with the Wi-Fi confirmation, it will be one MOTHER of a week! :chuckle:

(My witticisms crack me up.)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
HOLY GOD!

We bow down before you, oh Master. We will follow any and all of your commandments. We worship you and speak not your name in vain.

...or something along those lines...

I speak to Sakurai here, everyone. Sh;t, I siad His name. Anyway, this was the best update in a very long time. It confirmed at least two things:

Wi-Fi is in the game;
and you can have names at least five letters long.

Make that three things: we have now seen both Mario's and DK's taunts. And Peachs Forward Smash (one of them, anyway).

@Aeris: that was funny, I admit.

@Repryx: two things. I hate Falco, and you'd better give the Lord lots more time before you murder Him.

@Dyce: I was the second person in your thread to post my ideas. Didja read 'em?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
oh my... wi-fi...
I'm almost done with my wish list...WTF do I do NOW?!?!?!

SSB3 (OMG) *check*
Online (pleasepleaseYES!) *check*
Charizard (With others? Alright.) *check*
MK (hoped since 64, made me sad when he wasn't in melee, bout time) *check*

Bowsers Castle (surprised it wasn't in melee, c'mon!)
Balloon Fighter (retro all the way, c'mon)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Bowsers Castle (surprised it wasn't in melee, c'mon!)
Balloon Fighter (retro all the way, c'mon)
Well there's Bowser's Castle music for Delfino Square. Maybe we'll get a Bowser's Caslte stage that shares the song? I've been dying to see a BC stage since SSB64, too. It's about time Bowser got his own stage.

And I'd like to see Balloon Fighter, also. At least a stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom