• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
aahaha thanks. its just like that new pic with the both of them waving: intro poses anyone? maybe not so as to smash immediately like in Melee...but they might be really short or something.
its like my observation in the Smash Icon Discovery thread that basically confirms GnW (but we all know that the lovable WTF!!! character would return (but IMO Pichu was the WTF!!! character, cuz it was so emo after every attack that i was like WTF!!!))
n u Sir John have been uh...N-Knighted? baah cant think of one better at the moment

Edit: Prof. Pro - geez everyone hates getting Wobbled hahaha
Wobbling is cheap from wat I've seen on it. I'm no expert on it, of course.

Anyways, you're welcome! ^_^ And I've noticed all the poses are similar to Melee ones, but with their own twist on it. And they look a lot more realistic, from their amazingly detailed coats, gloves, hammers, ad even hair! :) I'm glad to see them back=It puts a smile on my face! :) Seeing old friends return for another round is always nice. And something tells me Ice Climber mains and users everywhere are screaming with joy! YAE! :)

And I've already been knighted. Why else would I have the title !His Knightlyness Himself!=??? :chuckle: *random*

Edit: D*** it, you Ice Climber pros are coming out of nowehere! :laugh: First ChuDat, and now Wobbles. F*** I'm screwed. :psycho:

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Wobbling is cheap from wat I've seen on it. I'm no expert on it, of course.

Anyways, you're welcome! ^_^ And I've noticed all the poses are similar to Melee ones, but with their own twist on it. And they look a lot more realistic, from their amazingly detailed coats, gloves, hammers, ad even hair! :) I'm glad to see them back=It puts a smile on my face! :) Seeing old friends return for another round is always nice. And something tells me Ice Climber mains and users everywhere are screaming with joy! YAE! :)

And I've already been knighted. Why else would I have the title !His Knightlyness Himself!=??? :chuckle: *random*

Edit: D*** it, you Ice Climber pros are coming out of nowehere! :laugh: First ChuDat, and now Wobbles. F*** I'm screwed. :psycho:
im no pro on Wobbling either, but it is fun to use XD
yea ive been drooling over the graphics in Brawl ever since i saw Link. then i looked closely at Mario n his overalls look real haha cant wait to see Krystal and Ridely: Fox's look from Command into Brawl was crazy. Krystal from Adventures in the Brawl look would be down. then Ridely too. he looked cool for his brief second in Melee, so in Brawl i think he'll be down
ah, so u were knighted hahaha i underestimated myself cuz wut i said was random XD

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
So, I thought I'd take a break from my longstanding silence to say "**** yeah, Ice Climbers!"
Not so much because I use them, but more because I refused to believe for a second that they'd be removed in the face of opposition. Does gloating make me a jerk? Maybe. Am I okay with that? Most definitely.

Also, Aeris, I believe you asked me how my KH-break was about fifty pages back or so (I'd dig it up, but seriously, have you seen how many pages you all have knocked down without me?). It was good, but I'm thinking I might have gotten a bit of brain damage from staring at the TV for too long. 2 + 2 is 6, though, right?

Sorry if I'm taking things totally off topic (well, actually, no I'm not; I have no regrets), but when there's that many pages to sift through, it just isn't motivating to bother, am I right?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
After seeing how detailed Mario's metal model was in the Special Brawl update it, along your avatar, The rAt, makes me want to see the metal versions of all of the other characters. :/

Anyway, I'm glad teh Ice Climbers are back. Is it wrong to think that, despite their being confirmed, that their fate still wasn't 100% certain? <_< Oh well, I'll just stay happy and stuff.

And stuff.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh yeah.
For what it's worth, I concede that my theory was probably incorrect and Metaknight is not, in fact, unlockable.

Not guaranteed yet, but the fact that Sakurai continues to unveil starters suggests his position as a starter. The only thing I can still see confirming him as unlockable now is a Subspace Emissary update noting his position as a boss you have to fight to unlock. Buuuut that's relatively unlikely.

Guess I won't be getting a dollar richer anytime soon. =<

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Also, Aeris, I believe you asked me how my KH-break was about fifty pages back or so (I'd dig it up, but seriously, have you seen how many pages you all have knocked down without me?). It was good, but I'm thinking I might have gotten a bit of brain damage from staring at the TV for too long. 2 + 2 is 6, though, right?

Sorry if I'm taking things totally off topic (well, actually, no I'm not; I have no regrets), but when there's that many pages to sift through, it just isn't motivating to bother, am I right?
Erm...rAt, follow me to Room 101. I'll bring my Calculus book....

Oh yeah.
For what it's worth, I concede that my theory was probably incorrect and Metaknight is not, in fact, unlockable.

Not guaranteed yet, but the fact that Sakurai continues to unveil starters suggests his position as a starter. The only thing I can still see confirming him as unlockable now is a Subspace Emissary update noting his position as a boss you have to fight to unlock. Buuuut that's relatively unlikely.

Guess I won't be getting a dollar richer anytime soon. =<
That's true. It seems increasingly less likely that MK will appear on the starting roster, but one cannot tell until we get the official update. I just want to know why he was delayed, Sakurai! :confused:

--------------------------

Also, I will now post what I was TRYING to post yesterday since about 9 or 10 PM EST. I kept getting a "database error", but here goes. Enjoy! :grin:

Yes, I see what you mean. Four is a bit much for the Mother series. I had totally forgotten that I predicted Paula, Jeff, and/or Poo as ATs a long time ago, too. Lolz. Mother3 will definitely get the nod to rep the Mother series, but it's still a tricky situation with that, what with Earthbound still being the only international Mother game.

The only way I'll be happy if we're left Ness-less, is if Lucas takes Ness' moveset (with a few alterations I'm sure). And a Ness alternate costume would be a nice touch.
I could definitely see that happening, though. Naturally, a few changes would be made, but I see Lucas playing quite a bit like Ness.

I agree with you on the Ness thing having him not return, and Lucas taking his place that would indeed be for the best, but I say instead of a few modification of ness's moves why not a whole new moveset, wouldn't you agree? after all he is a different character so why not, but it would be nice if we at least saw paula as an assist which btw is very possible
A whole new moveset would be the preferable outcome, but we cannot yet say what Sakurai will do. Either way is acceptable, although I would prefer a new moveset just because it's a new character. Paula as an AT is a likely choice as well.

lol ^^ you don't like the Frankbadge cause it totally ****s over Link and you don't like invisibility cause it...well, the same reason.
That's pretty funny.

Now that I hear who Claus IS, I'd like to see him in Brawl. I had no idea he was so important! And if there were three, and Lucas had Ness altern costume, wouldn't Kamutora (or however you spell it) a good pick for a third rep? She's just like Paula and Poo combined right?

So is it final that the Mother and Star Fox series are roughly the same value and should be credited with 3 reps each? Or Mother gets 2?

What does Mother series "really" deserve for/as reps in Brawl?
Claus kicks major bootay. I <3 Claus. :bigthumbu Kumatora would be M3 overkill, and we would totally be ignoring Ness--especially if the two reps are Lucas and Claus.

In the days of SSB64 and SSBM, MOTHER deserved its one rep. Now that M3 has been released, however, and given the fact that the franchise has been better represented each time, gaining stages and items in Melee, AND given that MOTHER 3 music and items (i.e. Franklin Badge--note the color!) have been confirmed for Brawl, ANDANDAND Lucas has been all but confirmed as well, the franchise is in need of another rep. Lucas is a definite, but Ness is up in the air. I would be content with Lucas and Claus, but throwing Ness back in wouldn't make me upset in the least. Sakurai, help us out! :confused:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While I was expecting a veteran update, I wasn't expecting the Ice Climbers. Glad to see them back though, and I like their new look. They look so fluffy and cuddly now.

I do wonder what this is supposed to mean though

smashbros.com said:
And the two of them get along great! ...I think.
Just a little of Sakurai's humour, or is Nana going to randomly run of at times.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think he's just poking fun at their mysterious relationship ( brother and sister at first, then boyfriend and girlfriend...? [...err, implying that it's not entirely sure WHAT their relationship is, not that both.. err... yeah. ] ).
Or making fun in advance of people who can't handle them well. ;o

Also, Aeris, I think you slipped up a bit in your reply to my post, but, yeah, I got what you meant. ^^

rocky_c45

Smash Rookie
does any one have an emulator and the game super smash bros that they can send to me cuz i need it and i don't need the online on just the normal one if that makes sense

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think he's just poking fun at their mysterious relationship ( brother and sister at first, then boyfriend and girlfriend...? [...err, implying that it's not entirely sure WHAT their relationship is, not that both.. err... yeah. ] ).
Or making fun in advance of people who can't handle them well. ;o

Also, Aeris, I think you slipped up a bit in your reply to my post, but, yeah, I got what you meant. ^^
Ew, pronouns without respective antecedents! :embarrass

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
ice climbers look freckin shecks. i dont really know alot of kids are even anywhere near good with them. their final smash must look awsome tho. i bet its like something with a giant blizzard. im personally not good with them.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Wow the IC's are back... maybe thats hope for Roy? To my own surprise I was in more disbelief when I saw ICs then Diddy, PT, or Ike all together!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
ICs back, very nice. I was worried about them. I wonder what they have done about wobbling, desynching, and the rest of the IC.....tactics?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Wow the IC's are back... maybe thats hope for Roy? To my own surprise I was in more disbelief when I saw ICs then Diddy, PT, or Ike all together!
I wouldn't get your hopes up on Roy. Comparing a clone to a perfectly unique duo character. Since Marth is more important to SSB seeing as he's not a clone as well as starting the FE franchise himself things don't look good for Roy. The apperance of Ike made it even worse for Roy as it is. I don't know if Ike, Marth and Roy could have unique enough movesets from each other to warrant Roy's stay.

-Knight

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I wouldn't get your hopes up on Roy. Comparing a clone to a perfectly unique duo character. Since Marth is more important to SSB seeing as he's not a clone as well as starting the FE franchise himself things don't look good for Roy. The apperance of Ike made it even worse for Roy as it is. I don't know if Ike, Marth and Roy could have unique enough movesets from each other to warrant Roy's stay.

-Knight
Actually, Roy appeared in Fire Emblem BEFORE Marth. Just because you unlock Marth first, and just because hes better, doesnt make Roy the less successful one.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Actually, Roy appeared in Fire Emblem BEFORE Marth. Just because you unlock Marth first, and just because hes better, doesnt make Roy the less successful one.
Marth was the first FE lord. Roy hadn't even appeared in an FE games when Melee came out.

BIG-T said:
Why would they take out characters.....it makes no sense and im tired of seeing ppl think that
Whether it makes sense to or not, Sakurai has stated that not all characters are returning, so it's happening.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nah. Roy was a Marth clone; ICs were an original, even revolutionary, character.

Er, no. Marth was the ORIGINAL FE lord. His sword, Falchion, is the FE icon in the Smash series.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow! Today's update was undoubtedly one of the biggest bombshells SWF has ever seen. I've only been away for class 4 hours and already we're 5-6 pages beyond my last post.

You have to assume that Sakurai and his team of crack detectives found out about wobbling by now, so I can imagine we'll be seeing a nerfed tilt-fA or something in the coding that automatically breaks the character free if they're being held and pummeled for so long.

And does this mean we'll be getting Icicle Mountain!? God I hope not! Hopefully we'll be getting something like Icicle Mountain Top.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I hope fighting the Ice Climbers is like fighting 2 pro Marth players lol brokenbrokenbroken
just kidding

I'm really exited for the next video. Of anything really. They said Diddy hasn't been captured yet, we haven't seen PT in action and how fast is Ike? Yoshis UpB?
Now the IC's c'mon.
I wonder how the lack of WD will effect them in competitive play?
And now is freezing people actually an important factor?

I bet they're gonna get much more respect this time around. I really think that the only reason some didn't like them in melee was because there only stage SUCKED!
Respect The Ice Climbers!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, Zelda was big because she was the first character to be shown on the Dojo that hadn't been previously shown. Ike was a huge update because he was the first newcomer to revealed first on the Dojo, pretty much when everyone had sort of lost hope that we would ever see a new character on there. PT was also fairly big due to being so WTF.

Admittedly, Ice Climbers had some doubts about their return for whatever reason and their confirmation finally shuts up that stupid rumour, but I don't think SWF has blown up as much as it did for those other characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@Dynamism:
Who ever said WDing was gone? I think it will still be a part of the game. It's an advanced techinque that the developers even found during the making of the game, and kept it! It's not a glitch, it's not a broken technique, and everyone can do it (to some extent).

I think it will still be in, and ICs will utilize it just as well as they did.

I'm just curious what pro-IC players will do without Wobbling? (Friggin' hate that move...)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I was looking around GameFAQs and I found this post

I know this was said before but, I heard a lot of people say that IC and others were to be cut. Does the recent update confirm that only characters like Doc and Pichu will be cut, or that clones Like Falco or Roy will get new moves... or, whatever?

Sorry, I'm really confused right now.
What do you guys think?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Clones like Doc and Roy will leave and returning clones like Ganondorf will get completely or at least visually new movesets.

I guess. o_o'

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Dyce-Who ever said "broken" technique or glitch? I heard that HAVOC animation was in the game which eliminated WDing, but if it's still in, I couldn't be happier.

royowns-That guy is confused lol. This hasn't changed my mind at all. Maybe he just thought the IC's were out (for no reason) so it ****ed him up a little. Roy is probably out but Falco who really knows right now, (this should really be in that other thread)

I don't know why anyone thought they were out in the first place o_O
They were the most inovative character in the game, Peach should be cut before them.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
yesh! i totally knew they were gonna confirm another char, but i didnt expect IC at all! after all those bad updates we got a good one.
For some reason i think that they are gonna release a good update next tuesday or thursday eh.. i dunno why.
i want captain olimar with pikmin more than ever now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I cut Olimar from being a starter because of the IC's. I think they need an unlockable with this multi person function. I thought the IC's would be unlockable so they'd surprise us but this works lol

char tuesday or thursday? that's called CUT!
"I did it I did it!" lol
Agreed that Olimar will likely be a secret character before he joins the roster.

And hooray for CUTing! Maybe we'll get something delicious--like Lucas!--on Tuesday. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom