• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
ice ice baby hahaha there back **** i thought for sure they'd be gone oh well i like their newish look. If any one is getting cut though it will most likley be doc mario, g&w, pichu and ossibleyroy since i think marth will return

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Dyce-Who ever said "broken" technique or glitch? I heard that HAVOC animation was in the game which eliminated WDing, but if it's still in, I couldn't be happier.
I thought that HAVOC only affects characters that are being hit? I don't see the connection it has with air-dodging and a lack of traction.

Can anyone clear this up for me? I'd really like to know.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
DUDE specialcauce

It was most likely IC's
It's most likely G&W now?
Seriously! You made this mistake once already. A unique important character cut for no reason? Really?
ha G&W was a pretty boring character in my opinion but yea its possible for his return but im bettng 100% pichu and the doctor will get cut

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Because the Kirby update said he's the only one returning that hasn't changed much, since G&W's appearance can't change G&W won't return. G&W hate free post!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Because the Kirby update said he's the only one returning that hasn't changed much, since G&W's appearance can't change G&W won't return. G&W hate free post!
Didn't you pay attention to what I just said? Mr G&W's appearance ALREADY changed in Melee! He didn't look like that in his prime. He had eyes, a rounder head, and longer limbs. So yes, they could change him if they wanted to.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I hope the next CUT will be for Luigi, Shiek, or Jiggly Puff. :/

Lucas or Ness wouldn't be that bad either because maybe it would finally settle the nerves of the ever ambitious Ness-waiters.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Either way, the Icies RAWK.
Good luck in the Brawl, my old friends!
Cameo? Definately! Feel the RAWK!!

So, I thought I'd take a break from my longstanding silence to say "**** yeah, Ice Climbers!"
Haha. That pretty much sums it up. I'm sure that the devs had their work cut out for them balancing this character.

Is it wrong to think that, despite their being confirmed, that their fate still wasn't 100% certain? <_<
Yes, actually. That's a good point. How many other characters have us Smashboardians essentially dropped from our wishlist who are still perfectly valid choices? *cough*Shiek*cough*G&W*cough* Well, Shiek's fate won't make or break my weekend, but you do see my point, yes?

They look so fluffy and cuddly now.
OMG! Not...gonna lie...I thought EXACTLY the same thing when I first layed eyes upon them this morning around 5am EST. We're so much alike.

We should do it. Let's order room service!

Ew, pronouns without respective antecedents! :embarrass
Aherm...freak! ;)

And does this mean we'll be getting Icicle Mountain!? God I hope not! Hopefully we'll be getting something like Icicle Mountain Top.
LMAO. So passionate.

What do you guys think?
"We'll be back with more mindless speculation and crack-pot theories after these messages from our sponsers."

i want captain olimar with pikmin more than ever now.
Don't we all? Seriously, if you even threaten to answer "no" then you just made my list. ((Which is quite long this time of year.))

And hooray for CUTing! Maybe we'll get something delicious--like Lucas!--on Tuesday. :grin:
Honestly, I don't care enough to argue. There's no "good" reason to kick Ness out of Smash, and from what I hear, Lucas and Ness are very similar. Either way this will be an unusual character that's got a steep learning curve due to the odd second jump and I won't use him.

Mmm...Lucas.

Didn't you pay attention to what I just said? Mr G&W's appearance ALREADY changed in Melee! He didn't look like that in his prime. He had eyes, a rounder head, and longer limbs. So yes, they could change him if they wanted to.
One thing is certain: G&W will get less of a make-over than Kirby (If he even makes it.).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Lucas or Ness wouldn't be that bad either because maybe it would finally settle the nerves of the ever ambitious Ness-waiters.
Don't you mean making it back? It kind of sounded like you don't want them to return or something...

So the server was down for about five hundred million hours today. I was so bored.
So what's new...? Doesn't it happen ever single day? >_<

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
So what's new...? Doesn't it happen ever single day? >_<
Yea, but I've never seen it shut down for this long unless they were updating the site to a newer version. Usually it only lasts an hour at most. I actually had to play the actual game vs lvl9 comps to get my Smash fix today. I never want to have to do that again for a long time.

Shök

Smash Champion
what about lyn, they said something about a girl named lyn coming in brawl

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Don't you mean making it back? It kind of sounded like you don't want them to return or something...
"CUT" stands for Character Update Tuesday/Thursday, though I think originally it refered to Tuesdays. Either way, a character who is up for being CUT is a good thing, while being cut remains a bad thing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well... "cut" capitalized or not usually means "not returning" to me.:laugh:

I learned something new. =P Although character updates on Tuesday/Thursday? That's rare.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

if by "CUT" you mean not returning then I disagree with you at least with luigi anyway because I also want to see him back on the roster, as for Ness I'm really not concerned with him if he is to return with his previous moveset (with sucked btw) I'd rather see Lucas who is a new character and most likely will get a completly different moveset from Ness's so Lucas would be my choice form the Mother series

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I noticed a dumb little pattern on the characters page on the Dojo!!...

If you look at the veteran characters section, the first row are the first four characters shown in the first trailer. Then, in the second and third rows, the first and second column are the rest of the original eight and the third and fourth column are the four starting newcomers from SSBM. So........the next two veterans should be Captain Falcon and Luigi/Jigglypuff/Ness...and then two characters from SSBM. <_< Or something.

Also, anyone else feel awkward with an odd number of characters on the character page? :/

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Also, anyone else feel awkward with an odd number of characters on the character page? :/
maybe its more organize-ish for sakurai?
Um...no? ;p

A way for Mr. Sakurai to keep organized indeed.

Heh, anyone analyze the character introduction dates recently? They are broken up into segments. Pit and Wario, then Wario and Zamus, both released about 25 days apart. Zamus to Ike, then Ike to PT, both twelve days apart. Then we had PT to Diddy, which was 8 days, and Diddy to MK which was...14 days apart? I thought there was something fishy going on.

Sakurai did say "whose introduction was delayed for some reason.", maybe all he meant was that he got off schedule? I've been looking through the character updates, trying to figure out whether or not there is a pattern to them, because it would make sense that Sakurai would set a schedule for himself. This would also explain why he said MK was "late". If we can crack the code, we'll know what days are worth waiting up for.

There's not so much of a pattern between the returnees: 4,4,10,9,9,12,24,28.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and mark September 18th as the next Newcomer update and...the 21st as the next Veteran update. Hey Aeris, the 18th's a Tuuuesdaaay. :chuckle:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Um...no? ;p

A way for Mr. Sakurai to keep organized indeed.

Heh, anyone analyze the character introduction dates recently? They are broken up into segments. Pit and Wario, then Wario and Zamus, both released about 25 days apart. Zamus to Ike, then Ike to PT, both twelve days apart. Then we had PT to Diddy, which was 8 days, and Diddy to MK which was...14 days apart? I thought there was something fishy going on.

Sakurai did say "whose introduction was delayed for some reason.", maybe all he meant was that he got off schedule? I've been looking through the character updates, trying to figure out whether or not there is a pattern to them, because it would make sense that Sakurai would set a schedule for himself. This would also explain why he said MK was "late". If we can crack the code, we'll know what days are worth waiting up for.

There's not so much of a pattern between the returnees: 4,4,10,9,9,12,24,28.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and mark September 18th as the next Newcomer update and...the 21st as the next Veteran update. Hey Aeris, the 18th's a Tuuuesdaaay. :chuckle:
The unexplained delay could imply that he was scheduled to have been revealed earlier. Your theory is plausible. And knowing that Sakurai-san is a big CUTer, it would only make sense that we get a newcomer on Tuesday! Nice call, Rhyme! :bigthumbu

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wow... conspiracy theories abound.

This will make for quite a find...

If it's true of course...

Well, as long as IC are back, then that means there is hope for a certain 2-d char...
Which it most likely isn't. I'm just hoping is all. Hey, right now, we've got 12 returning and 7 new announced. After this Tuesday's new character update, we'd have twenty starter characters in the works. How many is Mr. Sakurai planning to start us out with? Maybe he'll cut us off...maybe he'll make a new section for the unlockabke characters...maybe we'll start with an insane number of characters from the get-go. Who knows? Only him.

The unexplained delay could imply that he was scheduled to have been revealed earlier. Your theory is plausible. And knowing that Sakurai-san is a big CUTer, it would only make sense that we get a newcomer on Tuesday! Nice call, Rhyme! :bigthumbu
Haha, I hope I'm right about this.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I seriously doubt Sakurai will do anything special for the 100th update. It's just a number... :ohwell:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Or maybe about my post a while ago about Sakauri's dart board. Maybe he finally hit the middle later than expected.
Haha, no, he hit the middle on the E3 conference date. Don't you remember? We finally got the official release. :chuckle:

I seriously doubt Sakurai will do anything special for the 100th update. It's just a number... :ohwell:
Someone's not a romantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom