• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I must say I'm actually quite stunned by the confirmation of Wi-fi for Brawl. Perhaps I've just grown too accustomed to Nintendo sidestepping the obvious. I mean, to be fair my Wii doesn't play DVD's and Nintendo actually said that was going to happen (sorry, dvd player recently broke, so I'm a little bitter about it).

Hello to anyone who missed me, although (aside from Aeris and Rhyme) I fully expect that none of you remember who I am anymore (being that it's a forum, and the turnover here is greater than Wal-Mart cashiers). Nevertheless, I know that in the heart of each and every patron of this thread, there has been a monumental hole within my absence, and for that reason I shall attempt to re-acclaimate myself to this forum and keep up to date with current issues. Translation? Brawl is coming out in December, and with the unexpected (for me) revelation of its Wi-fi capability, I will soon need to people to destr - er, play against.

Anyhow, enough about me.

Aeris, you're never going to give up on Lucas, are you? (Assuming you aren't right about Brawl) You'll still be pulling for him in Super Smash Bros. 9 won't you? Good luck, but I'm still pullin' for Ness.
I have to agree about an AC character, though. Let's get some more variety, eh? A rep from a new franchise? Exactly what we need.

Dyce, you and me both regarding Falco. I've recently decided that, while I will always main the almighty rAt, Nintendo will most likely continue his slow (well, actually in melee it was quite abrupt) decline, and I need my backup. Personally, I'm not expecting to see Falco until the game is released, as an unlockable, but if I show up at the Dojo tonight to see squinty gaze, well I won't be complaining.

Btw, by being gone for so long, did I miss my chance to rant about the Ice Climbers by being gone when they were announced? I know I said something (like "**** yeah!" if i recall properly) about it, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Yes? No? Well, I'll just get up on my soapbox when G&W is confirmed. My oppinionation can wait.

Peace out, y'all.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I say Lucas defineetly has a chance as for Falco I also believe he will come back but saying he does return, I hope he at least has his Bazooka instead of Fox's hand gun which would make him much more enjoable to play with and it would also differate him alittle from fox

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
....Giga...Koopa...that sounds familar...wait...nope.

^^ Wtf have you been?! PM about our clan.

A Bazooka....as a special move?!

Zelda: ↓B - Shotgun

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I must say I'm actually quite stunned by the confirmation of Wi-fi for Brawl. Perhaps I've just grown too accustomed to Nintendo sidestepping the obvious. I mean, to be fair my Wii doesn't play DVD's and Nintendo actually said that was going to happen (sorry, dvd player recently broke, so I'm a little bitter about it).

Hello to anyone who missed me, although (aside from Aeris and Rhyme) I fully expect that none of you remember who I am anymore (being that it's a forum, and the turnover here is greater than Wal-Mart cashiers). Nevertheless, I know that in the heart of each and every patron of this thread, there has been a monumental hole within my absence, and for that reason I shall attempt to re-acclaimate myself to this forum and keep up to date with current issues. Translation? Brawl is coming out in December, and with the unexpected (for me) revelation of its Wi-fi capability, I will soon need to people to destr - er, play against.

Dyce, you and me both regarding Falco. I've recently decided that, while I will always main the almighty rAt, Nintendo will most likely continue his slow (well, actually in melee it was quite abrupt) decline, and I need my backup. Personally, I'm not expecting to see Falco until the game is released, as an unlockable, but if I show up at the Dojo tonight to see squinty gaze, well I won't be complaining.
I missed ya' rAt! Welcome back (from wherever you were).

I know what you mean about the Wi-Fi. Secretly, I sort of assumed that Nintendo would let us down and we ultimately wouldn't have any Wi-Fi play. Normally, I'm not so negative and untrusting, but Nintendo has had a way (recently) of not giving us exactly what we expected (delays [TLoZ:TP], lack of utilities [PkmnBR], and overall disappointments [anything 3rd Party]). But regardless, I couldn't be happier. I now know Sakurai is not one to disappoint and not one to play by the rules. God bless his heart, and more power to him. I seriously can't wait for this game.

Also, I'm not really expecting Falco back either. Maybe he'll come back to us Brawl, but probably not the same way he showed up in Melee. He and the other clones will most likely be completely reinvented or, with any luck, simply luigified.

Anyway, welcome back, always good to have you.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I missed you, too, rAt! I mean, seriously!

And to keep on topic, oh noes! Shaydas deconfirmed!

SE is going to ROCK. o_o;

Fawriel

Smash Master
Maybe as a way of saying "If you want to kill me, you'll have to go through these guys first!"

Wait.

That means.

Sakurai is the final boss! =O

PS: Happy birthday!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Anyhow, enough about me.

Aeris, you're never going to give up on Lucas, are you? (Assuming you aren't right about Brawl) You'll still be pulling for him in Super Smash Bros. 9 won't you? Good luck, but I'm still pullin' for Ness.
I have to agree about an AC character, though. Let's get some more variety, eh? A rep from a new franchise? Exactly what we need.

Wait--um, who are you again? Rat? raT? I'm a bit confused. ;)

Glad to see you again, buddy! I wasn't surprised by Wi-Fi, but certainly overjoyed. It's a big step for the Smash series, something that will certainly help its lasting appeal.

It's not that I love Lucas--even though I do--it's just that I love Claus more, and seeing Lucas would boost his chances, especially depending on what Sakurai says in his update. If Sakurai says something like "He had a older twin brother, but he disappeared. I wonder what happened...." or something that leaves the story open-ended and thus able to be resolved by updating later on with Masked Man / Claus. We must also remember (in regard to MOTHER reps) that I was a Ness main back in the 64 days. So I'm still pulling for Ness, I would just prefer Lucas of the two. Really, I would be happiest if all three made it in. (Not like I have to worry, seeing as Lucas has been all but confirmed). :grin:

And there's no way we'll see Falco before all the default characters will be released. If we did, I would be truly surprised.

DAMMIT! I was SO hoping for Shaydas. Seriously, guys, I dunno what I'm gonna do; my world is crumbling....

:laugh:

P.S. - Happy birthday, Repryx! :bigthumbu

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hello to anyone who missed me, although (aside from Aeris and Rhyme) I fully expect that none of you remember who I am anymore (being that it's a forum, and the turnover here is greater than Wal-Mart cashiers).

So this' only addressed to the people who missed you...

Nahs! Just kidding. ^^ Welcome back, rAt! Glad to hear you're still pulling for the all-mighty one.

LMAO Wal-Mart. I swear, unless you pay at Jewlery you can't get anything purchased at that ****-hole anymore.

And...that's everything interesting from the last two pages. :p

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Who's hands did you think the Master Hand and the Crazy hand belong too?...Mickey mouse? lol. Everyone knows Sakurai has been the true boss the whole time whether he's been 1 hand or 2.

OmegaXXII

Who's hands did you think the Master Hand and the Crazy hand belong too?...Mickey mouse? lol. Everyone knows Sakurai has been the true boss the whole time whether he's been 1 hand or 2.
both hands probably belong to Sakurai and in Brawl his true (complete form) will appear, I can see Sakurai saying, "muhahaha, This is my world and I rule all"

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
@twilight_hero:

Yep, I read it. Not bad. I thought you were greedy at some points, but more than reasonable in others.

And don't hate on Falco, or I'll hate on you in WI-FI BRAWL!!! ZOMG!!! WE HAVE IT NOW!!! IT'S HERE!!! YAY!!!
LOL...yeah, I was really greedy, I know. But if I get flamed, I won't care...

I'll hate on Falco if I wanna, beeotch! Actually, I don't hate him too much...I just wish it were easier for me to beat him with YL.

Holy crap! With the five-letter name, I can call myself YLink, YL!nk, THero...this is gonna be awesome! Dyce, do you name yourself "DYCE" when you play Melee? And if so, are you gonna stick with that in Brawl?

oh my... wi-fi...
I'm almost done with my wish list...WTF do I do NOW?!?!?!

SSB3 (OMG) *check*
Online (pleasepleaseYES!) *check*
Charizard (With others? Alright.) *check*
MK (hoped since 64, made me sad when he wasn't in melee, bout time) *check*

Bowsers Castle (surprised it wasn't in melee, c'mon!)
Balloon Fighter (retro all the way, c'mon)
OMG, I totally agree with your wishlist. 'specially Balloon Fighter!

Anyhow, enough about me.

Btw, by being gone for so long, did I miss my chance to rant about the Ice Climbers by being gone when they were announced? I know I said something (like "**** yeah!" if i recall properly) about it, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Yes? No? Well, I'll just get up on my soapbox when G&W is confirmed. My oppinionation can wait.

Peace out, y'all.
...r-r-rAt? rAt comma The? The rAt? Well, haven't seen you since...sheeit, I can't remember the last time I saw you. Welcome back! Anyway...

Holy crapzorz! Am I the only one here who intensely dislikes the Ice Climbers' return and wants them to go jump off Icicle Mountain? And who's wanted them to do that since Melee? I sure hope not...

Agreed about the AC character. And I want Falco gone or redone (read: made easier for the Links).

^^ Wtf have you been?! PM about our clan.

A Bazooka....as a special move?!

Zelda: ↓B - Shotgun
LOL. How'd you get the down arrow?

I missed ya' rAt! Welcome back (from wherever you were).

I know what you mean about the Wi-Fi. Secretly, I sort of assumed that Nintendo would let us down and we ultimately wouldn't have any Wi-Fi play. Normally, I'm not so negative and untrusting, but Nintendo has had a way (recently) of not giving us exactly what we expected (delays [TLoZ:TP], lack of utilities [PkmnBR], and overall disappointments [anything 3rd Party]). But regardless, I couldn't be happier. I now know Sakurai is not one to disappoint and not one to play by the rules. God bless his heart, and more power to him. I seriously can't wait for this game.
Also, I'm not really expecting Falco back either. Maybe he'll come back to us Brawl, but probably not the same way he showed up in Melee. He and the other clones will most likely be completely reinvented or, with any luck, simply luigified.

Anyway, welcome back, always good to have you.
I missed you too!
...when I remembered you existed...

God can't bless His heart. Didn't you read the last post? The inclusion of Wi-Fi play immediately promoted Him to god-status. So unless He's blessing His own heart, His heart can't be blessed by God.

OMG, I just came up with a religion. I'm a Sakuraiist!

Totally.

Sakurai gave me enemies as a Birthday update????.....*Contemplating destruction*
Hey, hey, hey. I have no qualms about Hadouken Spinning you. Remember...I've memorized the position of the "R" key...

both hands probably belong to Sakurai and in Brawl his true (complete form) will appear, I can see Sakurai saying, "muhahaha, This is my world and I rule all"
Maybe, and I have the perfect intro scene (the game would definitely be rated T with this)! He's facing away, and the hands are...y'know...then he looks over his shoulder and discovers you intruding on his "private time" alone with himself and says what you've suggested.

I'm truly a sick b@stard, aren't I?

Nah its gonna randomly be Andross....with that being said

"ITS STILL MY BDAY"
Andross?!?!?!1?

Happy B-day, Repryx. But remember...you could be on the list at any time...

OmegaXXII

the new Andross should definetly be a boss in the Subspace Emissary, oh and btw happy B-day Repryx, how has your day been?

Maybe, and I have the perfect intro scene (the game would definitely be rated T with this)! He's facing away, and the hands are...y'know...then he looks over his shoulder and discovers you intruding on his "private time" alone with himself and says what you've suggested.

I'm truly a sick b@stard, aren't I?
yes, just like I invision it :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
God can't bless His heart. Didn't you read the last post? The inclusion of Wi-Fi play immediately promoted Him to god-status. So unless He's blessing His own heart, His heart can't be blessed by God.

OMG, I just came up with a religion. I'm a Sakuraiist!
Ah yes, Sakurai is now officially a God because of his commitment to his fans and their desires for Wi-Fi play.

Too bad I'm already a Pastafarian... hopefully someday I'll marry a nice Sakuraiistic girl and we can celebrate all the holidays with our confused children.

EDIT:
And no, I actually use the tag "SAG3" when I play Brawl. That's the name I started with when I first got the game, and that's what works. I've tried playing under "DYCE"... but for some reason I just don't do as well with that name hovering over my head.

Another letter for a gamer-tag is a nice touch, though. Too bad I probably won't be using it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Dyce: Pastafarian? Nice. Wasn't aware that you followed the gosple.

twilight_hero: Sick, sick mind. Now that we've gotten that settled...:laugh:

The extra letter is nice, now I can finally spell out my whole name.

Repryx: You can't call your un-holy gamer war against he who is second to only one. Dyce will understand.

And ya' know...happy birthday.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
the new Andross should definetly be a boss in the Subspace Emissary, oh and btw happy B-day Repryx, how has your day been?

yes, just like I invision it :)
No comment...

Ah yes, Sakurai is now officially a God because of his commitment to his fans and their desires for Wi-Fi play.

Too bad I'm already a Pastafarian... hopefully someday I'll marry a nice Sakuraiistic girl and we can celebrate all the holidays with our confused children.

EDIT:
And no, I actually use the tag "SAG3" when I play Brawl. That's the name I started with when I first got the game, and that's what works. I've tried playing under "DYCE"... but for some reason I just don't do as well with that name hovering over my head.

Another letter for a gamer-tag is a nice touch, though. Too bad I probably won't be using it.
Pastafarian? I'm guessing that doesn't mean, like, spaghetti?

Dyce: Pastafarian? Nice. Wasn't aware that you followed the gosple.

twilight_hero: Sick, sick mind. Now that we've gotten that settled...:laugh:

The extra letter is nice, now I can finally spell out my whole name.

Repryx: You can't call your un-holy gamer war against he who is second to only one. Dyce will understand.

And ya' know...happy birthday.
I know I have a sick mind, but I had to say it...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
If we get any newcomer this week we could cross out a almost any character. Example: If CSLink gets confirmed YLink is gone and if Krystal gets confirmed Wolf is gone

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
If we get any newcomer this week we could cross out a almost any character. Example: If CSLink gets confirmed YLink is gone and if Krystal gets confirmed Wolf is gone
Wolf and Krystal are on their own. The inclusion of one will have no bearing on the other. Falco, however, could start some trouble. Hopefully, we'll be getting all three so I can have my Melee main, one of my most requested... and that girl with a staff because she looks cool. (I was never really for Krystal. Not that I was against her, but I would just rather have Wolf.)

(:mad:Grrrrr...)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
The Starfox series doesn't deserve 4 spots just 3
Fox: Confirmed
Falco: Not Yet but probably
Krystal: Fight against Wolf for spot
Wolf: Fight against Krystal for spot
Andross: AT
Peppy: Not such a major character anymore.
Leon: Doubt it
Panther: Doubt it
Pigma: Doubt it
Slippy: NO

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I don't see what the big deal is if Starfox got 4 slots in comparison to three. What's the big deal if the four most popular characters in the series were given a slot. It's not like they need to be clones... ok well... in Falco's case he can be luigified... but you see what I mean. It's not a terrible series either, it has its downs but it also has its ups as well.

Give Starfox one more character slot, what could it hurt? Waluigi's chances?
If that's the case, then I'm more than willing to have the whole gang!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well...Wolf would be a rather luigified Fox as well, so how would having two luigifications of the same Fox work out? Only Mr. Sakurai knows.

Honestly, even though Falco is a blast to play as in Melee (my secondary) I won't be overly disappointed if he doesn't return because I never got attached to him. Comparing him to Waluigi was a bit...unfair. Besides, he won't play like Melee Falco, and then what's the point?

I could take or leave four Starfox characters. If it's between Waluigi and Falco, well I personally want Waluigi more but Falco's more important to his games than Waluigi is his. However, if it was between...say...Olimar and Falco...Dark Samus and Falco...Dedede and Falco...G&W and Falco...well you see where I'm going with this.

Update: Piplup? Fourth gen, take or leave him/her. I'm not overly excited.

Girl

Smash Apprentice
As long as Nintendo has some sense of balance. I have bad feelings that melee's balance (to a certain degree) was luck. I think that they had the idea of not making anyone "imbalance" but I don't believe that their ultimate goal is to creat perfect balance. We'll see what happens

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I don't see what the big deal is if Starfox got 4 slots in comparison to three. What's the big deal if the four most popular characters in the series were given a slot. It's not like they need to be clones... ok well... in Falco's case he can be luigified... but you see what I mean. It's not a terrible series either, it has its downs but it also has its ups as well.

So true!

Except for Falco. My goal is to have anyone who stands in Link's way to the top be eliminated.

Well...Wolf would be a rather luigified Fox as well, so how would having two luigifications of the same Fox work out? Only Mr. Sakurai knows.

Honestly, even though Falco is a blast to play as in Melee (my secondary) I won't be overly disappointed if he doesn't return because I never got attached to him. Comparing him to Waluigi was a bit...unfair. Besides, he won't play like Melee Falco, and then what's the point?

I could take or leave four Starfox characters. If it's between Waluigi and Falco, well I personally want Waluigi more but Falco's more important to his games than Waluigi is his. However, if it was between...say...Olimar and Falco...Dark Samus and Falco...Dedede and Falco...G&W and Falco...well you see where I'm going with this.

Update: Piplup? Fourth gen, take or leave him/her. I'm not overly excited.
I hope Falco's gone. I've said that before. And that was a crap update. A crapdate!

At least we KNOW we'll get a character tomarrow
How? Who? Why?

I would love the AC character tomorrow. Great way to finish the otherwise (mostly) crappy week.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
So true!

Except for Falco. My goal is to have anyone who stands in Link's way to the top be eliminated.

I hope Falco's gone. I've said that before. And that was a crap update. A crapdate!

How? Who? Why?

I would love the AC character tomorrow. Great way to finish the otherwise (mostly) crappy week.
why!?
falco!?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
You know, I thought of something... (Oh no!! We are all doomed!) ;)

Seeing that Pokémon Trainer has Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, and that Piplup (alongside Turtwig and Chimchar, most likely) and Chikorita (alongside Cyndaquil and Totodile, most likely) have become Pokéball Pokémon , I wonder if they have made a second 'Pokémon Trainer' character who controls the starters from Sapphire and Ruby.

It would make me very happy if that trainer was modeled to look like the female trainer from those games (May) and if she had Mudkip, Blaziken and Grovyle as her Pokémon. :)

Unlikely, but a nice idea...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Oh that's a shame...I was hoping Piplup would be a PC
haha jk

twighlight_hero -so that's why you have hate against the ICs then too? You just want them all gone don't you? Link is already top tier in melee IMO. VERY unnderrated.

Shritistrang -I like the way you think but I feel there is a slim chance. That would be the perfect combination though hmm..?

Character Update Tomorrow? SWEEEEEEETTT!!!

Krystal/Lucas/C.Falcon/Smashkid FTW!

excelent

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I honestly could see another PT in the future. Maybe not for SSBB, but for future installments.
A Psychic Pokemon-based PT? (Sabrina)
A Dragon Pokemon-based PT? (Lance)

Honestly, I think that would be a great idea, but I think as long as we have Pikachu, Jiggz, Mew2, Lucario, and PT... we have enough Pokemon for this Smash.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I honestly could see another PT in the future. Maybe not for SSBB, but for future installments.

Honestly, I think that would be a great idea, but I think as long as we have Pikachu, Jiggz, Mew2, Lucario, and PT... we have enough Pokemon for this Smash.
Yeah, I know... I guess it was just the Pokémon fan in me speaking... sigh...

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice

Yet another awesome idea. But yeah, maybe next time. SSPT anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom