• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Oh, didn't know that's what it was called. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, the Tether Recovery isn't that widespread. ((Speaking of which, I don't think it means that midair grab recoveries should home in. Taking the skill out of hitting an edge will really take the edge out of competitive play recovery. (Pun intended.) )) Either way, if Zamus/Samus, Link, Ivysaur and Snake are the only ones who can do it then that's perfectly fine by me. Characters who can fly: MK, Pit, Charizard, Peach and Ridley (what?). It wasn't a problem that eight characters in Melee could walljump, so why a problem all of a sudden?

Hey, chances are that there isn't two reps for any series as starters, correct? Like, since we're already given DK and Diddy, that means one+ unlockable DK rep. Samus and Zamus means at least 1 Metroid rep. If we're given Wolf as an update tomorrow morning, that means one more SF rep, etc.

EDIT: Who could possibly fill the role of an Animal Crossing representative? And is this Tom Nook? Please note: I did Google search him, and the furry critter furthest to the left looks enough like him.

No problem.

Link, CSLInk, Samus, Zamus, Ivy, Smashkid (fishing rod could work)...Spiderman? jk 5-7 is enough! Yes, they shouldn't home but 1 already does and Zamus and Ivy have it controlled. I guess if there's a variety of ways that it works, that'd be fine.

Wall jumping isn't as big a deal. Peach was the only glider in melee and she was unique because of it. Too many gliders and it may seem like an un-special thing. It's better than WJing for the most part, if alot of characters do it, that could be too much.
Char, MK, Pit, Ridley, Peach, BF maybe, Banjo? 5-7 is fine but that roster better be well spread out..

Mid-Franchise
Samus/Zamus = Ridley
Krystal/Fox = Wolf
MK/Kirby = D3
DK/Diddy = KRool
Ike/Marth = Micaiah

Big-Franchise
Link/Zelda = Ganon/CSLink/Sheik
Pika/PT = Jiggs/M2/Lucario
Mario/Bowser/Peach = Bowser Jr/Luigi/Paper Mario

Little-Franchise
Olimar
Pit
Smashkid
BF
LilMac
MachR
ICs
G&W
Isaac
Falcon
Yoshi
Wario
Lucas = Claus

Sonic/Snake/MM

oh boy that's my DREAM list *dreams*

I really wouldn't be surprised if that was IT

Edit: I just fixed it a little lol
Forgot Yoshi and Wario o_O

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yay Happy Feet! That's one of my all-time favorite movies too! Not because of the penguins, though, but because of the whole religion-bashing aspect and acceptance crap, among other things. ^^
Oh, same here. It definitely would not be my favorite movie without that. But the penguins and the musical numbers helped for some reason. I wasn't expecting so much drama from the movie, so the "singing and dancing penguins" shtick was what initially sold me. The religious undertones and the acceptance stuff were just REALLY nice bonuses.

I still think it would be interesting to unlock K.K. Slider by playing on the AC stage on Saturday at 8:00pm. After he's done playing he jumps onto the stage and you battle him ^_^

-Knight
That would be interesting. And introducing a secret character to us like that (right in front of our eyes), without us knowing seems like something Sakurai would totally do.

Still, I'm not sold on an AC character's inclusion. I'd be perfectly happy just fighting in Smashville.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Oh well... there is STRONG evidence that there IS an AC char.

Sure, you may think, "Just cuz it has a symbol doesn't mean it has a char."

Then I'd bring up Petey and somebody would speak up about a certain issue...

The why the hell doesn't Mr. Wright have the Sims symbol? Or Devil?

THEY aren't bosses! If you say that almost everything sensible needs a symbol... well, you make no sense...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
More revealed than just Snake at TGS?

Take a look at this screenshot from TGS:

Pretty cool right? Snake, Bowser, Delfino Plaza, the Home Run Bat... and... wait... what's that? That thing right there, at the end of Snake's bat... it looks like... Mr. Saturn!!!

OMG! MR. SATURN IS BACK!

Wanna know what? I know a little something about Mr. Saturn. It turns out his only appearance in a Mother game was in Earthbound. That's right! Ness' game. Now, this doesn't exactly confirm it, but I have a few theories on this:

1) Mr. Saturn is back because he's popular and just so cool.
(Possibly)

2) Mr. Saturn returned because he's such a great weapon in Melee.
{Pffft!} Haha! Yea right!)

3) He's making a cameo to represent his game, like Lip's Stick from Panel de Pon.
(Not what I'd like to hear, but also possible.)

4) He's back because he's the sidekick to Ness, who is making a triumphant return to Smash!
(Oh yea! I like the sound of that! one)

Well, believe what you will. I'm hoping Ness makes the cut, I don't see why he'd have to go and I think he's a great character. I'd love to see Ness, Lucas, and Claus in Brawl, so I'm sticking with #4. But I'm curious, what does anyone else think?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

THEY aren't bosses! If you say that almost everything sensible needs a symbol... well, you make no sense...
I'd say that Mr. Wright and the Devil are just AT's, where as Smashville is a stage—much more important, and much more commonly seen. I'm certainly not ruling out an AC character's possibilities, but I'm still not putting too much faith in the idea. In my opinion, a stage is important enough to warrant it's franchise's symbol on it's own, so there's no reason to assume there will be a corresponding character.

However, the possibility is certainly there.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
OMG! MR. SATURN IS BACK!

Wanna know what? I know a little something about Mr. Saturn. It turns out his only appearance in a Mother game was in Earthbound. That's right! Ness' game. Now, this doesn't exactly confirm it, but I have a few theories on this:

1) Mr. Saturn is back because he's popular and just so cool.
(Possibly)

2) Mr. Saturn returned because he's such a great weapon in Melee.
{Pffft!} Haha! Yea right!)

3) He's making a cameo to represent his game, like Lip's Stick from Panel de Pon.
(Not what I'd like to hear, but also possible.)

4) He's back because he's the sidekick to Ness, who is making a triumphant return to Smash!
(Oh yea! I like the sound of that! one)

Well, believe what you will. I'm hoping Ness makes the cut, I don't see why he'd have to go and I think he's a great character. I'd love to see Ness, Lucas, and Claus in Brawl, so I'm sticking with #4. But I'm curious, what does anyone else think?
Being as 1, 3, and 4 are all so possible, I have no real reason to lean in any direction. I like Ness, and I use him a lot in Smash, but I wouldn't mind if he were replaced. Due to items like Lip's Stick (as you mentioned) and the Flipper (that's from Balloon Fighter, yeah?), the third option just seems like too much of a possibility.

I don't think Saturn tells us anything.

EDIT: ****it, double post. I totally forgot I just posted before this. Oh well, happy 1,100 to me.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, whatever the case, it looks like Mr Saturn gained a few pounds.
Look at the size of that guy! He's almost up to Snake's waist!
True that, yo. Lots of things in Brawl seem to be more. . . exaggerated.

Mr. Saturn, Bowser and DK (both a bit bigger), Peach's turnips, Fox's head. . . .

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ike is indeed very sweet, and Ganondirf's battle in Twilight Princess was simply too epic to ignore. Give him his sword Sakurai.

Battle of the Century...

Link and Ike vs. Black Knight and Ganondorf with Sword.

Fawriel

Smash Master

Please start actually reading both sides of those arguments.

Have you ever used an item and seen an icon anywhere? Like, when you select it in the item frequency screen? I didn't. Or when you used one? I didn't. Or... wait, those are the only places items appear!
If you don't see icons for them anywhere in the game why would they have an icon?
And obviously, those items that belong to a franchise already represented are given to the item to establish the connection, and because there's simply no reason not to.
And before you say anything else, note that you do see an icon in the background when you select a stage.

I hope that was enough italics for you.

Now, Rhyme.
That indeed looks like Tom Nook in the background.
Many say this deconfirms him, some speculate that he could just leave the background since it's highly variable anyway. But the man point, I think, is that he wears something completely different from what he usually wears.
So I think he is in critical condition, but could still make it.

EDIT:
Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
I told you, no breaking necks in Smash!

What?
You bring amazing music?
Aww, shucks, you didn't have to. ^__^

Oh, oh, oh, and my theory that Metaknight is unlockable is back in action!
Since Snake's unlockable ( more or less official statement ) and it says nothing about that here...!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
whoa i was trying to find out how to make those little "name here SSBB" sigs coz i finally got a photoshop (i think its an old one: Adobe Photoshop Elements (no version # next to it)), but i end up checking the Dojo (which was a bit late post) and i see snake....SNAAAAKE! i guess it doesnt matter on the Dojo if a character is unlockable....maybe some of the characters (like Fawriel said) are already unlockable: like MetaKnight for instance. wait...he has two more posts under him!: some music i cant hear rite now coz my CPU sucks (my sound card fried...*cries*) but along with his Specials! it says his Smash Attacks do similar things that his Specials do...does that mean his SideSmash could end up being a projectile? i never saw a character like this to be coming...i kinda thought that a character like that would be strange to use. but this is Sakurai dealing with Solid f***ing Snake: im sure he will not disappoint us
BTW: did anyone catch my Haloid post earlier?

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
BTW: did anyone catch my Haloid post earlier?
I've already seen it, and its good. But about your Master Cheif in Brawl comment, its not gonna happen. No game of the Halo series has been on a Nintendo console, 3rd party characters need one of their games to have been on a Nintendo console to be in the game.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I've already seen it, and its good. But about your Master Cheif in Brawl comment, its not gonna happen. No game of the Halo series has been on a Nintendo console, 3rd party characters need one of their games to have been on a Nintendo console to be in the game.
well duh: i was joking (i guess i shouldve put more than just "XD")
i know d*** well that Master Chief wouldnt make it into Brawl. i said that because of the kickass fight a Nintendo character put up with MC....

EDIT: wait i see wut got u off track: i put "will" instead of "would" kickass in Brawl...ok well w/e its too late to change it now

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oh, oh, oh, and my theory that Metaknight is unlockable is back in action!
Since Snake's unlockable ( more or less official statement ) and it says nothing about that here...!
Yay Music! Yay Character! Yay!

Oh, so it WAS Tom Nook...thanks for clearing that up. I had my suspicions.

Yup, your theory now holds water. Also, everyone who was like me and said that all characters appearing here are unlocked from the start, well we were wrong. Curses!

What a mother of an update. And projectiles for physical attacks? Bloody awesome! Remote mines for Dsmashes, Rockets for Usmashes, this is gonna be one killer character.

I'd been thinking if it'd be acceptable for a character like Dante (not that he'll ever make Smash) to use firearms for tilts. Seems very plausible now.

i put "will" instead of "would" kickass in Brawl...ok well w/e its too late to change it now
That's why the magical "Edit" button was invented. Also,
it'd be a great video if he cut it right after they escape the explosion.
Props to Monty Oym anyway. ((How do you spell his last name? :urg: ))

P.S. Just finished my five page paper. Three updates for the procrastinatorily inclined!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The fireworks may be flying once Solid Snake enters the fray.

I wonder what NSider's Smash Bros. Board would've looked like if this update was shown before its removal.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think they had to redesign him, just look at his new profile pic - he just looks - better. I might just use him.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I wondered if we'd get Snake if they'd give us Snake after the screenshots we received yesterday, but put it to the back of my mind as I figured he was an unlockable and we'd at least get the rest of the starters first. Now I don't know what to think. Is Snake an unlockable character (probably the first to be shown, signaling that we do indeed have the starting roster) or is he a starting character after all?

Regardless, I'm glad to actually see him at last, and he looks to be quite the interesting character. Definitely looks to be a fairly technical character too.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I wonder what NSider's Smash Bros. Board would've looked like if this update was shown before its removal.
Chaotic, like they always were. The intelligent folks would point out this confirms two things about unlockable characters - first, that they can and will be updated in the dojo, and second, that the "challenger approaching" banner doesn't indicate whether a character is unlockable (since Snake didn't have it) - the folks in denial would be desperately grasping for ways to deny it (I can see one now: "But Snake's the exception, since he was revealed outside the dojo already!"), some of those not in denial would whine about not wanting to know unlockables in advance or being disappointed in Sakurai, and we'd have hundreds or thousands of threads devoted just to those few topics not only today, but over the entire weekend. Sound accurate?

Anyway, nice to see Snake finally updated - and nice to see that, unlike Metaknight, he comes with new info too. Not a fan of music updates, but its nice to know some of his moves. A grenade that appears to work like Link's bombs, a remote control missile that works like Ness' PK Thunder, a land mine (very nice!), a unique recovery move (wonder if/how it will damage foes, or if its just for recovering?), and a mortar (I think) for his Final Smash. Lots of explosives all around - should make him a fun character to play as.

Oh, and it gives us Snake's icon, which is in fact #17. Thats a surprise. I do hope it doesn't mean the icons only go up to 18, and there will be no new franchises represented we don't already know about - that'd be a bit disappointing.

Zevox

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Hehe. I like how his attacks are based on real-life military weapons. Even the Cypher exists!

Of course, his remote missile should have a guidance cable attached, but maybe it's just too thin to see.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Hehe. I like how his attacks are based on real-life military weapons. Even the Cypher exists!

Of course, his remote missile should have a guidance cable attached, but maybe it's just too thin to see.
You poor misguided soul... Remote control... does not have to be electronically attached... Radio sir... frequencies...

You upset me to no end.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
The veterans who aren't confirmed yet are going too be new to Brawl
That's true. *smacks self*

So that's 20 characters confirmed so far (19 if you don't count Zamus)

How many chars does everyone think there are going to be in Brawl?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
40-50 almost twice as much Melee and without clones!
Yeah that sounds about right. Wow, to think that there are going to be 20-30 more characters revealed. And yeah, definately no clones. I could've gotten a few more months out of Melee without getting completely bored if it weren't for those stupid clones.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
im thinking it will be more like 35-40 max especially without clones. if they had some clones they could do more because it wont be anything but a pallet swap and adjusting some moves/physics
35-40... but no clones. All existing clones will be luigified and given a fludd treatment.

40-50 roy_owns? I like how you dream, but snap back to reality. That's a bit over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom