• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No no no Dyce! You got me all wrong. I was just saying. I mean, of course Diddy should be a playable character but I was just saying. I actually want them to make a Donkey Kong Country 4 for Wii or DS(still sidescrolling). I loved those games. Ike will be the new rep most likely. Yoshi, he is a Mario series but something from his own would be fine.

EDIT:
1) Good
2) I know...I still have a challenge for DS one as well
3) Challenge is on...when I get wi-fi.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Never played Strikers... but I did play Donkey Kong!

DK's Final Smash:
Donkey Kong stands at the highest point on the level and a big pile of barrels forms next to him. He looks at the screen and begins to raise one arm and leg, then the other, and so on in that fashion. He throws barrels down at characters from the top, and they are auto KOs. DK cannot be defeated during his FS, but if a character ends up on the same platform as him he grabs the closest female character (or female looking character... *ahem*Pit*cough* I'm talking about you) and climbs up a ladder that falls down from the sky. DK returns to the stage with full health and looks strangely satisfied, and the character he steals away has trouble walking right for the rest of the match.

Or DK could just pull out a barrel cannon and shoot people with something. Maybe monkeys.

I like my first idea better.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Oh and I noticed they didn't announce anything on online friend codes for is that the only way online or will it be like Metroid Prime Hunters? I sure hope just like everyone else that wii(see what I did there...I'm so funny)get more news and if not, Mario Kart will do for me.>_<[/color]
Mmmm...... I think something dodgy going on with the online. It better be good online, even better then Mario Kart online. You think something as big as Ssbb, they would have shown it's online. To me Nintendo's E3 was disappointing, their big thing was a weighing scale, the games for it don't look that good. It seems to me that they did not take Ssbb seriously.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahhh thank you Dyce. I sparked the idea to bring back his Coconut Gun from Donkey Kong 64 and blast away for K.O.'s. Diddys would be the Peanut shooter! Oh man am I great...

Oh and Nintendos Press Conference was not bad. It showed MK Wii, Mario Galaxy, MP3:C, and Brawl release. Not bad at all. Also remember E3 ain't over yet. Nintendo always picks and pokes at us. It is typical of them. Nintendo always pulls through though.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
he hints to you i think he says imagine his power doubled something or other so i think he will get a power boost and that would be awesome in my opinion imagine all his moves doubled damage 30 becomes 60 15 becomes 30 the smash attacks will do massive push back all the possibilitys.
P.S. im talking about dk:) and thise is my opinion.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Oh and Nintendos Press Conference was not bad. It showed MK Wii, Mario Galaxy, MP3:C, and Brawl release. Not bad at all. Also remember E3 ain't over yet. Nintendo always picks and pokes at us. It is typical of them. Nintendo always pulls through though.[/color]
True, but they were a bit short, (but Mario Kart was ok), the release date was useless to me, because i'm from England. It just p*** me off when Ssbb gets like 15 second, and Wii Fit gets all the spot light, and it's not even that good.
Well like you said i'll just wait and see.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh, hai guyz.

Creo, I think I need to disagree with you: the Nintendo E3 Conference was pretty bad. With the exception of those two release dates and Mario Kart, they showed us absolutely nothing that we didn't know about. And by we I mean the hardcore crowd.

[Edit:]

No more trailers about Brawl from E3. IGN has confirmed this.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804234p1.html

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, according to that articles they will look for another appointment to reveal Brawl stuff... possibly E4All, or some ominous Tokyo game convention I heard about in another thread...

iankobe

Smash Lord
As a person who watched that 15-second trailer over and over again, I noticed Samus' Bair changed to something like Links Bair. I wonder how many more changes there are going to be to the original characters...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree with Sensai. Nintendo was probably the worst. They were disappointing. I don't know why they continue to let their "competition" [they don't treat them like competition, if you ask me] walk all over them and out do them. Yes Wiis are selling well, but what about the games for wii? Most of them suck.

Right now Nintendo is more content with letting us know everything about WiiFit than letting their long time customers find out something substantial about their flagship series.

That is all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@iankobe:
You're right. She kicks back 2 maybe 3 times now. Hopefully they're all strong kicks. Link's bAir sucks, and I hate moves that take multiple shots; not like drills and tornados (Fox, Kirby, Mario's dAir attacks) but moves that take multiple swings that usually don't hit with every attack (Fox/Falco, Kirby's fAir and Link's bAir). If they were strong attacks, with the first hit to stun and the final hit to launch them (Marth's fAir and Sheik, YLink's fSmash) then I wouldn't mind so much.

Sensai

Smash Master
Maybe she just Bairs a bunch in succession? Kinda like a Jigz wall of paining?

Haven't seen the trailer in a few hours now, so I don't really remember exactly.

Tokyo Game Show. TGS. It's going to probably take E3's place as the biggest gaming convention in the year.

Also, up until this year, Nintendo's never attended. That's going to change this year.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@Dyce-I do believe that it is in October though I may be wrong. They will announce it and we will so don't worry about that. Actually, I do think I recall Nintendo is going to be there just I don't know where I heard it. If not TGS, we still got E for All.

@Sensai-Yes, I did in fact point out the good updates but you all should know(or my internet buddys from here...no clue if your one of them)that I am kind of disapointed as well. You guys make it seem like torture but it ain't as bad as you think. Sure the Wii Fit was the most boring thing on earth that, let's see, fat people will by. Wii is gonna soon be placed in Gyms if this keeps up. So I am disapointed but not as much cause we did get good stuff. At least are Reggie didn't suck like that Sony dude and that other Sony dudes translator!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
TGS takes place from September 20th to the 23rd in Tokyo (obviously, haha). The 20th and the 21st are business days, but the 22nd and 23rd are *gasp* open to the public! I SO want to take a trip to Tokyo for it.

E for All, on the other hand, takes place from October 18th to the 21st in LA. Both venues seem likely candidates for more Brawl info, especially because they are closer to the actual release date.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, at least we can all be angry at Nintendo together. Heck, if we all lived in the same area, we could organize a riot.

I didn't watch the Sony folks, but I have to say Microsoft actually did a much better job than Nintendo. This is mainly because Peter Moore spent a ridiculous amount of time telling us how great Microsoft was, then showed us some games (a lot of games, actually), where as Reggie spent a ridiculous amount of time talking about how great Nintendo was, then showed us everything we've already seen and one new game and healthbox.

Honestly, that wouldn't annoy me so much, except the whole time Reggie was smugly preaching about how Nintendo wasn't forgetting about the established gamers, only to prove himself wrong through such a weak showing.

Perhaps this is because E3 is on the downswing and Nintendo wants to save their good stuff for another show (like TGS). However, with Nintendo's current track record, and the fact this was the first televised E3 and incidentally the year Nintendo picked to suck, I'm pretty sure that wasn't a smart move.

But we got release dates, which was the bare minimum in my book.

Andy

Legolastom

Smash Hero
A Nintendo themed RPG! made by Square enix would be great!

But anyways what do you think DK's final smash will be?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^two up^^^

Or a Nintendo RPG made by Nintendo, as they now have a second party RPG dev team (Monolith Soft). And what the hell are they up to!? NO ****IN' IDEA.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I think that DK's final smash is he throws barrels at the characters that release bombs (some explodeon their own) and bannanas so people cant escape from the barrels

imagine that......................... :dk: = :burst::burst::burst::burst::burst::burst:

also i hope that the FS of samus comes up soon

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
he can clap and make a stun wave and if your caught he rushes there and beat you silly with a machine gun punch to the ground

Wrath`

Smash Master
we have 11 confiermed characters,4 away from the starting nuber in melee.
i say we will start with 20 this time around,how many do you guys think?

also todays E3 was dissapointing. ohh a wheelmote

The rAt

Smash Ace
I feel like DK's final smash should be one of those giant bananas from the DKC boss battle falling from the sky to crush his opponents. Also the banana should explode, sending out millions of those midgety little woodchucks who swarm the stage and eat the other characters. Too much? Okay. Anyhow, Rambi's not a bad idea. Or the snake (Slithery, maybe? I don't remember).

Anyhow, I'm going to go ahead and launch a preemptive strike against everyone who's going to see the new Animal Crossing stage and immediately suggest that (insert Animal Crossing character here) should be semi-confirmed. Check the screenshots first. If a character is already in the background as stage hazzards/scenery, then they're not going to be playable.

Andy

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Just like how Mute City and Big Blue left the Blue Falcon out of the lineup since Capt. Falcon made it in the roster.

Wait...

Fawriel

Smash Master
And that there was no stage without a playable rep in Melee means NOTHING since this just happens to be an entirely new game, not to mention a game with ATs.

Sensai

Smash Master
Why no AC characters? I ****in' love the game and love the series...it's a shame we can't get AC Wii this year.

And I'm really excited about the music thing. Really really REALLY.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Pomfrod, I don't know if you can see past your sarcasm to notice this, but a character and a ship are two different things. In Melee, did you see the Blue Falcon flying around stock battles, falcon punching Samus? Did you see Captain Falcon running around as a hazzard in either of those stages? No. You saw his ship. It's called autopilot, genius. Why is this different? Because with the ship, there's no danger of you getting your character and the background character/hazzard mixed up, and they don't have to create a different character model for the same d*** character so you can tell the two appart. Same reason you won't see playable characters as ATs. But, I know Animal Crossing is really lacking in characters, so there's no possible way they could they could recognize this potential problem and taken the logical route of using different characters in the background than the ones they were hypothetically planning on including.

Wait...

See, I can do it too.

As far as getting Animal Crossing characters, I guess I'm neutral on it. I don't hate the idea, but I don't love it. Let me put it this way, Animal Crossing characters, to me, rank just above Waluigi and most any new pokemon, but just below some other unrepresented franchises (Pikmin, Punchout, ect.).

EDIT: Fawriel, I couldn't quite tell if you were agreeing with Pomfrod or disagreeing with him/her :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think I was trying to add to your point, rat... I think. I'm terribly tired. Yet I'm awake enough to realize that

-the fact this stage exists doesn't confirm anyone and it is indeed unlikely that a background character will be playable at the same time.
-the fact that the stage has an icon means NOTHING because all stages have icons.
-it's highly possible that this time we will get stages without playable characters to accompany them. That it didn't happen in Melee means nothing.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Why no AC characters? I ****in' love the game and love the series...it's a shame we can't get AC Wii this year.

And I'm really excited about the music thing. Really really REALLY.
actually, your right sensai. there can be AC characters. I just want my Mega Man! As long as he's in i don't care who else is in

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, props on your location. Good stuff.
Thanks. I think. I just realized that it doesn't actually clear up my stance. Although I guess most people know me for being a WW Link fanatic.
WW Link for Brawl!!!

I'm actually thinking of making another support thread for him.. there sort of is, but it's called "Wind Waker Link's moves" or so, and NOBODY posts there, it's depressing.
And I actually managed to make Gardevoir a semi-well-known contender. I should become a publicity agent, in case I ever turn evil or something. :p

...and to add some more substance to this post, and since everything gets lost in the Smashbros.com thread:

Ridley for Brawl!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^^ Let's hope that doesn't circulate. Otherwise we'll be getting threads appearing at some obnoxious rate like 2342350987^4332349872 threads/second.

But like I said in the Animal Crossing thread, notice just how excited Sakurai gets when he mentions what happens on Saturdays at 8 PM. Totakeke appears! Granted, this is a clever touch by the designers. However, let us think a bit more obviously: could Sakurai have just told us a method of unlocking a hidden character (Totakeke)? Even if he were unlockable, it wouldn't be hard to replace his stage performance with a Retro Stereo or a Gold Stereo or a Lovely Stereo or a...

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm tempted to make that thread just 'cause I know it would throw the entire Smash World into a loop...

Hey, question: is Tom Nook in any of the AC stage pictures?

He might be in the first one.

Either way, it looks like the characters change depending on what time/day it is. That's kinda neat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom