• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Okay, so E3 may have been a total bust in terms of Smash Bros (release date not withstanding), but at least they attempted to make up for it with an actual character update. If we'd have gotten another 'how to play' update at least three quarters of the world would be in ruins right now. And not the good three quarters. We're talkin' Canada and a bunch of water.

Seriously though, one thing about this update worries me; they opened up a new section of updates called notices. Not only does this complicate Dyce's color coding scheme (as there are now two blues), but it gives Sakurai another excuse to subsitute real information updates with things we don't care about. Clever, you crazy japanese marmoset, very clever.

Andy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Hmmm... I like how you called him a marmoset. Isn't that some kind of rodent? Oh well, Animal Planet and National Geographic be ****ed!

Even though we already got two outstanding updates just over an hour ago... any chance that we'll get another update at the designated time now? Honestly, at this point I'll take another "Banana Peel/You must recover!" update, DK and a clear trailer (with sound) is good enough for me. I just want more information. I crave Brawl info like a crackhead craves...
White Caslte! What you crave! Haha. Didn't expect that did you?

Sensai

Smash Master
rAt, I'm pretty sure that 'notices' will be saved for only the most dire of announcements. Things we'll probably enjoy. Online comes to mind.

And E3 isn't over. Have faith.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope you're right Sensai, I'll be pissed if I wake up to "Brawl has level 1-9 computer opponents!"

I kinda made myself forget about E3 because with no expectations I can't be disappointed.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Dyce, I think the word you were searching for at the end of your post was Cap'n Crunch. And I believe a Marmoset is a type of monkey. I thought it would be appropriate given the DK announcement. :cool:

Sensai, perhaps you're right, but I just don't see Nintendo pulling any Twillight-Princess-out-of-the-hat E3 tricks, which is what I was really hoping for this year. I guess Wii Fit and Mario Kart (online) were supposed to be the big bomb drops, one of which interests me greatly. True, it isn't over until the fat lady sings in japanese, but with the announcement of Wii Fit, where are they going to get one of those?

That reminds me, on a completely unrelated note, anyone else (who was watching, of course) laugh out loud when Miyamoto tried to explain how Wii Fit displaying your BMI is "better" than your weight?

Andy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The problem with E3 this year, other than it being so small... though I guess that added to the fact... is that nothing was really dramatic like how SSBB was a total surprise two years ago and whatnot. They didn't really seem to prep well for this year. For example like how all the Wii Fit balance boards weren't calibrated right and how Reggie sounded like more of tool than usual. There's bound to be something extremely big this year. I liked Assassin's Creed, however. Can't wait to get my hands on that game! (Well a PS3 first... and then that game!)

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so it seems that DK has been confirmed and will still be monkey-ing around for Brawl. (Lame pun I know.) And finally, a release date--December 3rd this year! I should have a Wii by then.

And that pic of him carrying Zelda away from Link = hilarious.
Kidnapped again!? What has Zelda gotten herself into this time?

Sensai

Smash Master
Why do you think Marth'll make the cut? And spare the 'he's important' crud. Gimme a reason based on something you've seen. (Unless there isn't one and the whole important thing is the reason. In that case, I agree with you. Sorry, I've been sounding rude tonight...I don't mean it. I just wanted another reason if you've got it. [This is a long one of these {}.])

And you're probably right...E3 for Brawl is probably over. But it doesn't mean we can give up hope, dammit.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I'm a very forgetful person so I should put that in my signature too...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Off-topic:

Am I the only one who HATES the way Reggie talks? If I was there I think I'd shout "SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!!!##@@OMGWTFBBQ~~"

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Oh man! No I hate it too.
"...you may already... be wanting to fight... 'Geega Bowaser'..."
Nooo? I just wanna fight Giga Bowser.
He reminds me of one of an 8th grader reporting an essay. And did you see him trying to act cool during the Wii Fit segment? Ugh.

@Sensai:
All the Fire Emblem stages we've seen. Word on the street is they're from FE3. I don't know for a fact if that's the case, but he was the star of FE3. So if they're FE3, then he's in. (also he's important; lord of the first FE game? and then cool enough to come back in a sequel? he and Ike are in the same boat, if either one of them doesn't make the cut... I'll be more than shocked)

Fawriel

Smash Master
He reminds me of one of an 8th grader reporting an essay. And did you see him trying to act cool during the Wii Fit segment? Ugh.
Better than the Sony guy last year.

"Rriiiiiiidge Raceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer....................................... ..... ........"

Red Exodus

Smash Master
^^^^
No I didn't see that, the only other thing I saw was the Mario Kart presentation. He talked more in that so he annoyed me more. I think he sounds a lot better in text than up in person.

Torchico

Smash Rookie
Look at Fox in the new trailer, when he pummels Bowser with his Fire Fox. When he is falling back to the ground, isn´t he falling a little bit slow? Think they made him a slow-faller?

artfulldodger09

Smash Rookie
Why do you think Marth'll make the cut? And spare the 'he's important' crud. Gimme a reason based on something you've seen. (Unless there isn't one and the whole important thing is the reason. In that case, I agree with you. Sorry, I've been sounding rude tonight...I don't mean it. I just wanted another reason if you've got it. [This is a long one of these {}.])

And you're probably right...E3 for Brawl is probably over. But it doesn't mean we can give up hope, dammit.

Not only is mart sick, and one of my favorite characters from melee, but a little hint could be fom the "standard combos" update on dojo. Sakurai says that while meta knight has his crazy swinging, other characters will have "simply three slow swipes." this could be refering to link also, but its a possibility... imo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
^^^^
Reggie may be a tool, but he's a much better orator than the PS3 guy(s). Jack and Kaz were like malfunctioning automatons when they spoke---there was little inflection in their voices and they kept stumbling over what they had to say. Definitely not conducive to a quality presentation, at least in my humble opinion. It actually got on my nerves after a while and made me totally ignore the T.V.

Reggie, on the other hand, did a marvelous job. Egocentric, grand, smooth-flowing, and filled to the brim with hype---when it comes to pushing consoles, this is what you need. Nintendo really got their **** together and put out a solid preview of what to expect from the Wii.

At least, that's my take on it.

Smooth Criminal

Zodiac

Smash Master
So everyone here saw donkey kong at the end of the release date trailer right?

cF=)

Smash Lord
It's right when Pikachu uses is Electric Ball attack, striking Mario and DK.

So DK is confirmed, with a pretty similar look.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Heh I ALMOST didn't see the D.K update. I fell out of my chair when I found out that the third really was the release date. I heard it mentioned on G4 yesterday. I'm glad D.K is confirmed. We're slowly gathering all of our veterans, so that could possibly mean some newcomers on the horizon.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Reggie may be a tool, but he's a much better orator than the PS3 guy(s). Jack and Kaz were like malfunctioning automatons when they spoke---there was little inflection in their voices and they kept stumbling over what they had to say. Definitely not conducive to a quality presentation, at least in my humble opinion. It actually got on my nerves after a while and made me totally ignore the T.V.

Reggie, on the other hand, did a marvelous job. Egocentric, grand, smooth-flowing, and filled to the brim with hype---when it comes to pushing consoles, this is what you need. Nintendo really got their **** together and put out a solid preview of what to expect from the Wii.

At least, that's my take on it.

Smooth Criminal
are those sony speakers the guys behind "giant enemy crab: attack its weak spot for massive damage"? If so, reggie aint got much compitition... but think about it: 100 some updates till the game comes out, theyre gonna be pretty dry on updates unless they use crap like "warning: may cause seizures", or other random crap...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's a huge game. Think about what they have for updates, stages/how to play/music/modes/characters/items. With melee they could have done like 200+, with brawl they could most likely have released it a year later and not run out of updates.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Come on guys...Reggie is awesome and you know it. The Microsoft dude can't play Rock Band, he made jokes whereas no one laughed, and he sucks. Sony's people couldn't even talk whereas Reggie was awesome saying "You can't wait to play as Geega Bowser" or his tooling on Miyamoto in Wii Fit! Reggie rules them all...why are you critisizing? Also, that Sony translator sucked. I LMAO because every time he went to translate, he stopped in the middle of a sentence. He probably made stuff up lol. Rember this, Reggie kicks @$$, Takes names, and plays games. End of story for that.

@D.Kong stuff- I saw him and he looks awesomer than before. Fox was RAPID FIRING that Cracker Launcher and Volt Tackle looks Lethal. Also, Fire Fox seems to attack better than melee though, still not useful.

Oh and Dyce, your the person I want to challenge first online for Mario Kart. You will get it right..? Do you accept?>_<

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That monkey keeps putting the pvssy on a pedestal.
:laugh: I TOTALLY missed you saying this! Bahaha one of my favorite movies ever, by far, and that part was just hilarious. I love Steve so much.

And as much as that 15-second trailer was a nice teaser, we should get a little more, ne? There's still today and tomorrow, so I guess we just still need to keep our fingers crossed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I hope we get a REAL triler, with newcomers, new stages and new stuff...

The good thing about frequent veteran character updates is that sooner or later theyre BOUND to run out, thus sakuria will have no choice but to put newcomers... also if u notice every week were gettin a returning veteran...

artfulldodger09

Smash Rookie
i would be surprised if we get any character updates for a while now... there are so many miniscule items and moves that can be used for updates, i think sakurai has shown he can be pretty content just teasing us with insignificant bits of info

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well from what I can see, you got it down. For Semi confirmed characters, C.Falcon could be put in due to his sign and Samurai Goroh. Just had to point that out.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well a while back someone had come to the conclusion that there will be about 45 more updates *minimum* before Sakura has no choice but to be given all new info. This takes into account both sets of character moves, new and returning; crawling; Meta, Zamus, and Snake; and Final Smashes. But back then we also didn't take into account DK, so that's another 2 updates for movesets and another 1 for his FS.

I counted how many workweek days until the release (DECEMBER 3RD), and I came to 102. Don't worry people, we still have a lot of time so don't get too antsy.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes Donkey Kong does in fact boost the updates but I am very curious for his Finla Smash. A bigger Punch or something with bananas? I just can't think of one for him. Maybe he adds Diddy for a team attack? His standard attacks will seem to be a waist due to we can see they are the same. Some Meta and whatnot would be great though. Oh and I noticed they didn't announce anything on online friend codes for is that the only way online or will it be like Metroid Prime Hunters? I sure hope just like everyone else that wii(see what I did there...I'm so funny)get more news and if not, Mario Kart will do for me.>_<

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Oh no no no Creo! I will not accept Diddy as a FS or an AT. Diddy deserves his own character spot. Besides, DK can't rep the DK series all by himself (ironically). Donkey needs another rep, Ness needs another rep, Captain Falcon, Fire Emblem could always use more (I mean c'mon there are over a thousand FE characters already and they needed to make a clone?). Yoshi could or could not use another rep (maybe Baby Mario/Luigi). Everyone should have more than one character from their series unless they're brand spankin' new to Smash. Unless of course Sakurai wants to put some Wario Ware and Kid Icarus characters in, I'm fine with that too.

EDIT:
1) Of course I'm getting MKWii
2) I'm honored that you would challenge me above all else
3) I accept your challenge! It is on like... Donkey Kong! :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Perfect final for DK:

The power wham from strikers, dk jumps and then crashes on the earth along with his fist making a giant shock wave/eartquake hitting any oponents near, on small stages like Battlefield this final will be devestating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom