• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I doubt it means much aside from the fact that they'd like to show an upgraded Nook look. Hard to say, though. I'm still convinced that Nook or Totakeke will make it in as playable characters.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Haha. That's actually strangely fitting. When I was trying to show my mother the update and the pictures and stuff, I actually looked at the picture and thought "He looks like he just appeared from the shadows saying "It's on, biatch.""

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm tempted to make that thread just 'cause I know it would throw the entire Smash World into a loop...

Hey, question: is Tom Nook in any of the AC stage pictures?

[Edit:]

He might be in the first one.

Either way, it looks like the characters change depending on what time/day it is. That's kinda neat...

Yeah,he is. If he's in the game we'll probably be removed fromm the stage or have a different costume.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
That's very true. There are so many AC characters that if one were to be put in as a fighter, they could just not show up as a bystander. The technology smart enough to pick up on those kinds of things. The only that I would see having trouble to have found a replacement would be Totakeke/K.K. Slider. What are they going to put on in his place? A radio or a television?

Not that you should be playing video games on a Saturday night but... y'know.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You know Aeris, as tempted as I am to call you crazy and poke you with a fork (that's what I do to crazy people), so long as you don't hear voices, you may be onto something.

That is, it looks an aweful lot like Fox and Pikachu are looking at that guitar-weilding dog (Totakeke? I dunno, never played AC) in the pic Dyce posted. We haven't seen any screenshots yet (at least I haven't) where the animations of playable characters appear focused on some peripheral background events. That is to say, in none of the other pics do the playable characters seem to be watching the critters running around in the background.

Granted this could merely be a very clever screenshot. Or it could be that at 8pm on Saturdays, the characters stop in the middle of their fight to hear the concert. But I'd say it was enough for at least a raised eyebrow.

Andy

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
No. You know if you have a character stand around, like Pichu, they look around, therefore its just a clever shot.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You know Aeris, as tempted as I am to call you crazy and poke you with a fork (that's what I do to crazy people), so long as you don't hear voices, you may be onto something.

That is, it looks an aweful lot like Fox and Pikachu are looking at that guitar-weilding dog (Totakeke? I dunno, never played AC) in the pic Dyce posted. We haven't seen any screenshots yet (at least I haven't) where the animations of playable characters appear focused on some peripheral background events. That is to say, in none of the other pics do the playable characters seem to be watching the critters running around in the background.

Granted this could merely be a very clever screenshot. Or it could be that at 8pm on Saturdays, the characters stop in the middle of their fight to hear the concert. But I'd say it was enough for at least a raised eyebrow.

Andy
It's a combination of that screenshot and Sakurai's excitement in the update. Could he be giddy because he's just placed a secret character right under our noses? We know how purposely vague and sneaky he can be; this update could prove no exception.

At least that's what Voice #1 says. Voice #2 keeps telling me that it doesn't mean anything because Totakeke's in the background. Not like he could be unlocked or anything. Voice #2 sounds a lot like a couple unimaginative SWF posters. :lick:

(Kidding. Don't fork me!)

Sensai

Smash Master
Dyce, that's an incredible caption, haha.

Man...KK Slider in the game, in any shape or form, is enough for me. That level is going to cause my ears to orgasm.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dyce, that's an incredible caption, haha.

Man...KK Slider in the game, in any shape or form, is enough for me. That level is going to cause my ears to orgasm.
Nothing beats a dog playing a guitar that travels from town to town, speaking and singing in gibberish, lol! XD

Ben the ultimate

Smash Apprentice
It's good that Sakurai has started to sort out the Characters that are not Confirmed yet but I'am very happy that Snake, Fox, Samus, Kirby, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong and the that are Confirmed!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
As we all probably are my fellow smasher. Yes, we do have much updates left till Brawl and speaking of that, I got to go reserve it.

@Dyce-As smart as you are, I thought of that as well but one thing, I don't want to get bored of the Concert so I will just wait for Saturday at 8 to watch it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I wonder if he will playing songs from the games or if he will have all new ones (Or possibly Nintendo songs).

LoudGhost!

Smash Cadet
Really, I don't care if Snake is the lowest of low teir.
I'll play him anyway.

I mean look at Link in SSBM,
Hes pretty low teir yet GERM makes him AMAZING.
I'll just SHFFL EVERYTHING.
XD

<Snake3

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
You guys get the tiny tim badges of courage. Wear em' and your 5 o'clock shadows with pride.
As for myself... probably still Luigi, and maybe DeDeDe (even though neither of them are confirmed at the moment).

Sensai

Smash Master
Is Resetti in any of the pictures?

And GERM is decent, but for an incredible Link player, look up Aniki's older videos. Effin' godly.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
There'll be an AC character for sure, how do I know this you ask? well, look at the first update this week with Dr. Wright, he has a Smash symbol beside his name while Smashville has an AC symbol

Repryx

Smash Champion
I bet Ol' Nook will be in it. I dunno hitting you with the net shovel and AX. But I bet if he was in there he'd have some Kinda random cheap thing that knocks Money bags out of you and his taunt wil be Him speaking animalese then laughing

Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha

"Feel Free to Browse but not to Carouse"

I hate Nook

The rAt

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm goinna go ahead and veto everything you just said, Repryx, due to the fact that he's hanging out in the background of one of the screenshots. For answers on why it makes no sense to have a background characters as playable, read the last two pages.

Roy owns, good to see you're back. You missed the announcement that Brawl will not be available in (insert roy owns' place of residence here). Seriously though, you may be right, but I don't think the symbol means anything. After all, there's no telling how many Assist Trophies there are, so there are probably too many of them to design a logo for all of them.

Anyone else notice how dead this thread is between 3 a.m. on friday and 3 a.m. on monday?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
im just glad sakurai said hes focusing on balance.

some of the (potentially) best fighting games ever were brought down because of their balance...or lack thereof.

RIP Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

I hope he sticks to his word and makes it so EVERY character is playable competitively

Sensai

Smash Master
rAt, you had a grammar mistake. Usually I'm not one to point out grammar problems but I take personal offense at this one.
...roy owns' place of living...
Sometime between when I was in 3rd grade when they taught me this **** and present day, the rules of grammar have changed. It used to be like this, but recently Grammar itself has dumbed itself down so that idiots would be able to use it more correctly. You're supposed to add the 's' regardless.

Meaning, yes, it's possible to have Kiss's. ****in' stupid.

(See, I didn't have a problem with you, just with grammar.)

Oh, on topic? Umm....no, got nothing.

lain

Smash Master
What roy owns is saying is that only the characters that have been announced, along with stages, have gotten accompanying symbols that fit.

Makes sense, I'd believe it.

Besides, why have a stage for a game without an accompanying character? It's just not their style according to the past two games.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Sensai, I agree with your hatred of grammatical injustices. Unfortunately as an aspiring writer, I have to work within the confines of a broken system. Also, I feel the masochistic urge to make it worse, sort of like picking at a scab so it won't heal. I think that's just because I write in the sci-fi/fantasy genre, though. Anyhow, I'll make note of it in the future.

lain, thank you for the clarification, but I understood what roy owns was saying. I was merely disagreeing. There has never been a playable character for Final Destination or Battlefield. If Sakurai didn't feel he could justify putting AC characters in Brawl, it makes perfect sense to at least include a stage, especially in light of his less-than-subtle agenda of keeping as many people happy as possible without actually adding a new character.

I'm not saying its unlikely we'll see any AC characters, I'm merely saying that the stage confirmation and icon aren't a confirmation of any sort.

There HAS to be a way to get back on topic... er... um... DK!! Anybody else like the new texture for his hair/fur?

Yes. I rock.

Andy

Red Exodus

Smash Master
im just glad sakurai said hes focusing on balance.

some of the (potentially) best fighting games ever were brought down because of their balance...or lack thereof.

RIP Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

I hope he sticks to his word and makes it so EVERY character is playable competitively
Yet they're still tournaments and to get your hands on the game you have to spit out a ton of money. I think the lowest price I saw on amazon was over $100? That's insane.

In other news:

Grammar is stupid. Kiss's my ***.

Floydeclipse

Smash Rookie
found pic

Hey guys! new to the board , just want to post this pic i found a website talking about the new smash bros game and i zoom into the pic. and found sonic on the right row of characters on the bottom. i don't know if anyone has seen this before. take a look for your selves

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I don't think the maker of that pic was trying to convince anyone that it 's the real game case. But that's off subject!
I am still waiting for the post about Metaknight on the official website. He is my character of choice simply because of his moves. Most of them seem to incorporate quick rapidly succeeding hits, and they flying part is enough to convince me. I'm sold! So when do we find out Meta's Super smash?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't think the maker of that pic was trying to convince anyone that it 's the real game case. But that's off subject!
I am still waiting for the post about Metaknight on the official website. He is my character of choice simply because of his moves. Most of them seem to incorporate quick rapidly succeeding hits, and they flying part is enough to convince me. I'm sold! So when do we find out Meta's Super smash?
I can't quite say. Sakurai's character updates are so hard to predict that no one can really tell when something will be announced. This week is as likely as any to include that particular information--only provided that Metaknight is revealed earlier this week. Expect MK to be revealed long before his Final Smash is. There will almost undoubtedly be a vet revealed this week, maybe even a new character. If we go the vet route, my money goes to CF or Peach; if new, an AC character or MK.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Marth has a better chance of returning than Roy, but it's still unclear as to whether or not Ike will take his place or not. I've heard that the flags shown in the Fire Emblem stages from the Brawl trailers are those of Marth's homeland or whatever, but I've also heard that they belong to Ike. I really don't know, but if we do see an FE character sometime soon, it will either be Marth or Ike--it all depends on whose flags those are. =/

The rAt

Smash Ace
Red Exodus, while I agree with your dislike of grammar insofar as dealing with the small insignificant crap. However, it should also be noted the world is currently filled with people who just throw the whole book out. They're called idiots, and should be treated as such.

Aeris, I don't know whether to critique your level of assurance towards the hypotheical (Sakurai updates that is) or applaud your ability to portray your oppinion without making it sound like you have all the answers. I'm going to just go ahead with the latter, as it doesn't involve me being a hypocritical ***.

-PM- no solid info that I've heard, but plenty of speculation.

I think the most glaring problem with the picture is that it is clearly patterned off of the Melee box. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd really expect them to be more original. Okay, that and the fact that it doesn't look all that great when you look at it a second time. Which I just did. Who's that in the lower right-hand corner?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I figured it was fake, I think they might use their original 4 mascots [Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby] on the cover again. When the poster said "look there, and zoom in, you see Sonic" I knew it was fake. Nice try though, A for effort.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris, I don't know whether to critique your level of assurance towards the hypotheical (Sakurai updates that is) or applaud your ability to portray your oppinion without making it sound like you have all the answers. I'm going to just go ahead with the latter, as it doesn't involve me being a hypocritical ***.

I think the most glaring problem with the picture is that it is clearly patterned off of the Melee box. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd really expect them to be more original. Okay, that and the fact that it doesn't look all that great when you look at it a second time. Which I just did. Who's that in the lower right-hand corner?
*bows graciously* Many thanks to you, kind sir. I like to think that my opinions are rooted in fairly sound logic, so I think that I might be able to state an opinion with some assurance and be able to defend it, as well. :) 'Preciate it nonetheless.

I agree about the box art, too. All of the fake pictures posted rely on stock art and the basic character designs. The actual box art will undoubtedly feature more original poses, à la Melee.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
i feel as though the level "smashville" almost confirms a character from animal crossing. my reason for this is because in each of the games prior, each level was present because of one of the characters in the game. i think this is worth noting because either it is evidence for such a chracter, or itll be the first time the trend is completely broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom