• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have a question:

In the teaser, who's fighting on the Bridge of Eldin right before it blows up? The only character I can distinguish 100% is Samus. I thought maybe I saw Zelda, but then that character gets blown away in the form of a ball. And who's that little rascal in from the right side of the bridge?

Oh! And ummm... looks like Zelda's got Din's Fire in her arsenal! Same moveset anyone? Same fB could mean the same B... and the same uB... and the same dB?

EDIT:
Figured it out... that's Kirby on Zelda's head. Kirby shoots off to the right when the bridge 'splodes and Zelda gets bounced off the wall and shoots underneath... still don't know who that little guy is to the far right. Doesn't look like Fox to me.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh my god it looks like Yoshi. Pause the screen a few times until you get a good look at its face. I'm seeing puffy cheeks and a big nose!
I can't get a good look at the character's face at all. To me, it looked like Link, but the character's movement looks more like Yoshi's. Too hard to say (for me) on a video of such low quality.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too sure if DK was suppose to be revealed like that, lol. Slippage by Nintendo? Or just something for the fans? Either way, I'm sure everyone pretty much knew DK was coming back.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There's a high quality clip at http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
Just make sure you click Hi-Res. DK is pretty obvious. As for the person at the right of the bridge, it looks a little to short to be Link but he could be crouching. Fox's UP+B's length seems to have been cut short maybe 1/5-1/7.

I can confirm that is NOT Link. It looks like a Moblin. He's definitely hunched over and is holding something in his right hand. Link is leftly. It looks like a black, spiked club.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There's a high quality clip at http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
Just make sure you click Hi-Res. DK is pretty obvious. As for the person at the right of the bridge, it looks a little to short to be Link but he could be crouching. Fox's UP+B's length seems to have been cut short maybe 1/5-1/7.

I can confirm that is NOT Link. It looks like a Moblin. He's definitely hunched over and is holding something in his right hand. Link is leftly. It looks like a black, spiked club.
Link is a lefty, but in TP (at least for the Wii) he's a righty. Don't ask me why they did that. It's still clearly a moblin in the clip, but handedness proves nothing in this case.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Link is a lefty, but in TP (at least for the Wii) he's a righty. Don't ask me why they did that. It's still clearly a moblin in the clip, but handedness proves nothing in this case.
Link's a right in TP for Wii, and a lefty in the GC version. They flipped the whole world around for the Wii version cause they noticed people playing with their right hands instead.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
they switched up link's dexterity cuz of the wiimote nunchuk setup. he had to be right handed for the game to be played correctly (wiimote in right = sword) (nunchuck in left = movement)
its canon that link is a lefty tho

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Oh my god you people are rediculous...

It doesn't matter what handed Link was in TP for the Wii or for the GC. Link was always left handed except for the Wii version to suit right handed people. In every other case he holds his sword in his left. In every Brawl trailer we've seen the sword in his left. Link will have his sword in his left. And I'm pretty sure that's not Link.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman

It doesn't matter what handed Link was in TP for the Wii or for the GC. Link was always left handed except for the Wii version to suit right handed people. In every other case he holds his sword in his left. In every Brawl trailer we've seen the sword in his left. Link will have his sword in his left. And I'm pretty sure that's not Link.
lol i just said that

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

If you were talking to me, I already knew all of that....

My point was just that despite Link being a canon lefty, Link WAS a righty for at least one version of a game. So handedness isn't a deciding factor for that figure (though it IS clearly a moblin, as I said).

I know they changed him to a righty for the Wii version of TP because most people are right-handed. But as far as I'm concerned, that was a stupid reason, because the wiimote-nunchuk setup can be held in any way. As far as I'm concerned, lefties god gypped.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But handedness IS a factor here. Link is lefty in Brawl, he has been in every trailer and snapshot of the game. They're not going to change him from lefty to righty just because. If this figure has a sword in its left hand then it could be Link. If it's not there is the chance it could be a moblin.

I just don't think that they would have moblins run out and attack you. Sakurai didn't mention it when he showed us the stage. Why would he have inconveniently not told us that one detail?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
it's my turn to make a stupid speculation

maybe its

bowser jr. with his paintbrush

i'll lol so hard if that's true

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I think it's one of those little guys from Wind Waker with the swords and the different colors. I forget thier names, though. Moblins are the pig-looking things which, in wind waker, have lamps to see you, right? I don't think it's one of those.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Right, I think that's what we've meant. Those are the Moblins and the little guys are Bokoblins. We're talking about Bokoblins. Small, awkward, carry a club or sword, kind of look like retarted orcs. Still though, that's not what I'm seeing.

I'm seeing Yoshi's head on a Young Link's body with a Bokoblin club in hand and no sheild.

EDIT:
And I really doubt that will be a playable character... Lolz.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
please no more of this madness

i've so far heard that it is sonic, yoshi, bowser jr, krystal, and a cloud of dust

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Alright let's see here...

...I guess I owe you an oppology...

were there any goblins in tp? cuz if so then it might be apart of the stage.
...and you...

I think it's one of those little guys from Wind Waker with the swords and the different colors. I forget thier names, though. Moblins are the pig-looking things which, in wind waker, have lamps to see you, right? I don't think it's one of those.
... aaaaand you.

Sucks... I hate being wrong. I think I was just being optomistic for Yoshi. Where's he been? We really need him back already. Oh well what are you gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom