• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well Ness is the main character in Earthbound/Mother2, Paula is the sidekick. She may join the fray only if Ness is still playable, same goes with Jeff and {*snicker*} Poo. Lucas is the main character of Mother3. He may take the place of Ness because that's what Sakurai wanted to do in Melee, though he never did. I'm looking forward to Ness AND Lucas for Brawl. That would be a "Mother" of a combo! (teehee! I'm so funny)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
An excuse.
A name.
A synonym for toilet.
The legal name for a guy who picks up a prostitute.
The first name given to unidentified persons, as in John Doe.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Nuff said there Dyce. Let us just say that it is not a good thing and don't do it though, next time your friends complain, yell 'NO JOHNS' at them! That would be great and they would be so confused.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Lol so that is a john is

QUESTION
Dose any one think that their will be charatcers who we dont see as trophies on SSBB example Nabooru from like hmm who else I didnt see Lip as a trophie (i dont think)ark Samus etc

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well Dark Samus wasn't around at the time, it was probably only an idea at the time. Smash was released before Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 didn't start in development for some time. Melee was released in 2001, Metroid Prime 2 wasn't released until 2004 so... there was some time between the two.

daman6067

Smash Rookie
i saw that bowser jr, wind waker link and Ridley have been confirmed and that Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link will not return

Stryks

Smash Hero
NO GOD NO!!! WHY?! I TOUGHT WE HAVE HEARD THE LAST OF THE RUMOR!!!1!one U DAMAN THAT IS A BS RUMOR AND NEVER NEVER BRING IT BACK HERE AGAIN!

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh my God, guys, did you hear? Ice Climbers, GAW, and Y. Link are kicked out to make room for Ridley, Cel-Shaded Link and Bowser Jr.

It's too bad, really...I'm going to hate to see ICs go. The other two I could care less about, but ICs...bleh. Neat idea. I'm not all that hyped for Bowser Jr., as I somehow just see him being a quicker, less powerful Bowser. Cel-Shaded Link excites me as it will just be cool looking, and Ridley...well, he's ****in' Ridley.
I'm not an idiot. I just wanted to see how many of you guys would think that I was.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I lol'd when the guy posted the link. That's good stuff. It's still rumor though so who cares?

Sensai

Smash Master
I just got back from about a week and a half at some camp, but that's probably not what you mean.

I think I've just given up on this thread. It just goes too **** quickly and everytime I try to come to this thread, 5 or so pages have passed between my posts and it's just not worth trying to be coherent.

Nice to see I'm missed, though. :-D

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think I've just given up on this thread. It just goes too **** quickly and everytime I try to come to this thread, 5 or so pages have passed between my posts and it's just not worth trying to be coherent.
D

That's the same reason I don't post that much anymore, by the time I get back to the thread topics change and most of the time it turns out to be something that was already discussed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Great.....celdas in.....i hate that. but its cool about ridley and bowser jr.
Are you serious? You're not serious... right?

Maybe this is the week Sakurai will give us Meta Knight? I mean, in today's update he mentioned his name and how crazy fast his moves are. Tomorrow would be the perfect time to finally add him to the Newcomers list and I can finally get on with my life.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's a frikkin hoax. It's been brought up again and again and has been put down each time because it's been proven false. It should never see the light of day again and I hope the people that started that rumour live terrible miserable lives.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i can't believe people still believe that. not just that, but that rumor is still on the site. what the hell is wrong with people these days?

anyway on topic, metaknight shows up in the update, and he still uses that cool multi-strike he does in all the trailers. it's his A attack, and he's still awesome

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ethan just when I touht u couldnt be any lower... or ********, its a BS rumor that has been proven false easily a few 10 times already, dont believe ANYTHING if it aint from a reliable source like IGN or smashbros.com

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Everyone needs to just stop believing that all together. It's really getting out of hand now. The fact that someone posted it was one thing, but after we ripped it apart and told the thread that it was false, and half-a-page later someone else still believed it is rediculous.

I believe the story was that it started as a small rumor in Japan, then I think it worked its way up to a video game based radio show in Japan where they questioned Sakurai on it, and then it blew up and people actually believed it. America got a hold of it, and the virus spread. (i think it went something like that)

Anyway, long story short, it's false. None of those characters are either confirmed or dismissed from the lineup.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Bahahah it's been so long since I've seen that thing! I remember back when it was fresh and believable.

As for today's update, I was kind of disappointed until I took a moment to reflect. This was another update that exemplifies Sakurai's new angle of "easiness". No longer will we have to mash buttons to string a basic combo, just hold A. Good stuff! Here's to hoping for Peach tomorrow. =) Sorry, Dyce, but I just have a feeling that Meta will be a secret character, even though he was revealed. Don't hold me to it, but I kind of think that Sakurai just revealed him early as a teaser of what to look forward to.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well there is always that chance that he'll be a secret character. I've grown to accept that as a possiblity. I just hope it's not the case. I wanted Meta Knight to be the first new character I could get my hands on. Now I could do this by only playing with Link until I unlock him, but how can I resist playing as Pit? He's just so dern cool.

As for Peach... it would make sense to have her as one of the next returning veterans revealed, but I think Sakurai is releasing them in the order of "Characters that people aren't too concerned about". No one would really have cared for Zelda if Sheik wasn't part of her moveset, and no one uses Bowser that much anyway. I'm predicting some of the next veterans to be revealed are Peach, Captain Falcon, or Yoshi. He's most likely going to be saving DK, Marth, Ness and whoever else for later, just to make us sweat a little.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Since the actual update topic is no good for actual discussion...

*copies*

I was thinking, maybe this will be a feature that could greatly affect the way you play. Think about it.
When you're holding the shield button while doing something, it will automatically come out at the soonest possible frame.
Maybe the same will now be possible for attacks.
You could already start giving the command for the next attack while performing the current one.
That would allow for really smooth transitions between moves... you could act as quickly as a Level 9!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
As for Peach... it would make sense to have her as one of the next returning veterans revealed, but I think Sakurai is releasing them in the order of "Characters that people aren't too concerned about"..
O_O;

...I care about Peach. :( Peeeeeeeach, reveal yourself already!

O_O;

...Er, not ilke that.

(Silliness aside, I'm so excited about Pit!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I bet sakurai like dyce mentioned, is showing characters that werent popular or very used, Like bowser and zelda, most of the people used sheik, and only a few zelda thus she was revealed, and we know there are few that use bowser, so I gotta say the next one is either DK, yoshi or mewtwo...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Exactly. Peach, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi are characters that people aren't generally concerned with as to whether they'll be back or not. Peach was a fan favorite, and Yoshi and Cap'n were here from the start, plus we've seen input from both series' already so we shouldn't be concerned at all. I didn't say Jigglypuff and Mewtwo because they were secret characters and most likely won't be revealed yet, but we shouldn't be worried about them that much either. Mewtwo should have a bit more concern than Jiggly, but still, he's original and a favorite even though he sucks; he represents the series well and is one of the coolest Pokemon ever.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say Jigglypuff and Mewtwo because they were secret characters and most likely won't be revealed yet, but we shouldn't be worried about them that much either. Mewtwo should have a bit more concern than Jiggly, but still, he's original and a favorite even though he sucks; he represents the series well and is one of the coolest Pokemon ever.
im blaming you if Jiggsy isnt back...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom