• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
DANG SO EVERY BODY REALLY DOSE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE BUT QUESTION DOSE ANYONE THINK THAT Onox or Veran COULD BE ON BRAWL BUT I DONT KNOW I WANT TO ALSO SEE NABOORU EVEN IF THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY TROPHIES FROM SSBM

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Snake will not have Caps moves i mean we even saw him whip out the big guns and blow pit away lol but i also want to see those ninja girls off wario game i would not mind playing with them they could be the next IC lolz

-PM-

Smash Ace
Snake will not have Caps moves i mean we even saw him whip out the big guns and blow pit away lol but i also want to see those ninja girls off wario game i would not mind playing with them they could be the next IC lolz
LoL!

on another note i already dont like snakes moves to uhm not smashish lol

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Dump Yoshi!!??! Are you nuts!? Yoshi completes SSB. Without him, Yoshi's Island means nothing!
Here's what I would propose. An event match with Yoshi, and you have to face two oponents; Croco and Boshi.

The only way the event ends is with Yoshi losing, and the other two taking over Yoshi's island, and on top of that, once you lose with yoshi, he's jsut gone. Thats my proposition!

Heh, sarcasm, but I had fun writing that lol. XD

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
they need to give him at least ONE gun. i wonder if he can use his knife...

n e ways...giga bowser ftw...if u get a smash ball. omgglypuff

Kakashi421

Smash Cadet
I know. What would be funny is that somebody threw an opponent at you when you're Giga Bowser, so you could just do a strong attack, and they would die. :p

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
i'm still kinda nervous of being traped on yoshi island with bowser and he gets a smash ball (shudders to think) i love to play one on one fights so if on SSBB you see a hells angel wanting to play some one and you main bowser please please dont pick yoshi island lol but off that dose no one want to know what they will do with Zamus i mean they have let nothing out on her or meta you dont think she is an unlockable i hope not and another thing how will we know when we have every one? i had this same problem with SSBM until i got the thing that said you have cmpleted the characters but still ewww my head hurts now lolz

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
i'm still kinda nervous of being traped on yoshi island with bowser and he gets a smash ball (shudders to think) i love to play one on one fights so if on SSBB you see a hells angel wanting to play some one and you main bowser please please dont pick yoshi island lol but off that dose no one want to know what they will do with Zamus i mean they have let nothing out on her or meta you dont think she is an unlockable i hope not and another thing how will we know when we have every one? i had this same problem with SSBM until i got the thing that said you have cmpleted the characters but still ewww my head hurts now lolz
Next time, try to separate your post into SENTENCES. My eyes are bleeding, but I managed to read this somehow. *sigh* Anyway.

Actually, in Melee it told you that you had unlocked all the characters when you had everyone BUT Mr. Game & Watch, or something similar. That said, don't be surprised if in Brawl it tells you you've got everyone when there's actually one or two straglers left.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, I move that none of us post anything until roy_owns returns. All in favor? All opposed? No? Well, I tried.

ANinyMouse, you're a n00b who cares about spelling; you'll do well here.

Seeing Gigabowser makes think we might see Ganon as G.dorf's final smash (assuming he returns). Visions of those two duking it out are now officially dancing in my head. If nothing else, it'd make a dang good event match.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
McFox contacted Square-Enix about it posted the response in the Geno thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298
Wow... that was upsetting and almost painful to read.

But I have an optomistic theory about Geno and Mallow: Geno and Mallow, though owned by Square-Enix, are most likely only going to be taking part in roles for Mario games throughout their careers, right? So even though Square-Enix is a 3rd Party company, Geno and Mallow could technically be considered 2nd party, right?

Now this is a very optomistic stretch, and I could be totally wrong, but I just had to get all of your opinions on this.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They'd still need permission to put them in, though. Their exclusivity to the Mario series would just make them part of the Mario "Team" and maybe keep them off of the 3rd party character quota if one was added with another SE character. Or something...I really don't the implications of all of the stuff surrounding the third party characters since there's little info on it and the one example we have sounds like it's probably a unique circumstance.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well yea of course Nintendo would still need their permission, but what's SE going to do? Say no?

Sakurai: "Excuse me? Hi this is Sakurai, I was wondering if Nintendo and Sora could use your characters from SMRPG in the lineup for SSBB? They are highly requested and would make a great addition to our cast of characters."

SE: "NO! Get your own asswhoopin' alien in a wooden marionette's body! And get your own cloud prince that can control the weather! You can't have them! Nana-nana-nanaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Sakurai: "Ummm... excuse me?"

SE: {click}

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, the seemingly rebuilt relationship between Nintendo and SE seems to make me think that they'd allow them in. There's just the potential royalties and the advertising potential of them adding in another SE character from some other SE series, too, maybe as a sort of package deal or something like a deal to further instill good faith...or something...

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this is old and i didn't look back through the 100s of pages, but it looks like zamus has the ability to crawl from looking at the old banana item update.

here's a picture from the 2nd trailer.

and here's the picture from the banana update.

i just circled her left hand to show the difference. in the trailer, she's propped herself up on her right hand with the gun. and the banana pic, her left hand is on the ground. she appears real low to the platform too.

yeah... looks like crawling...

still, i'm unsure whether this says anything about crawling being a universal ability or character specific.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Uh... when your crawling don't you move your hands? so her hand being there doesn't really mean anything but still good observation.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
i just mean that the placement of hands differs than what appears to be a crouching stance in the trailer which might imply of two different stances: crouching and crawling.

and she appears very low to the platform.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The only reason I think crouching is even added is not because of that, but because that old picture we saw of Link shooting an arrow while on his knee....hopefully we get that information at E3 because I am sick of speculating on something people say will suck anyways

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
sorry if this is old and i didn't look back through the 100s of pages, but it looks like zamus has the ability to crawl from looking at the old banana item update.

here's a picture from the 2nd trailer.

and here's the picture from the banana update.

i just circled her left hand to show the difference. in the trailer, she's propped herself up on her right hand with the gun. and the banana pic, her left hand is on the ground. she appears real low to the platform too.

yeah... looks like crawling...

still, i'm unsure whether this says anything about crawling being a universal ability or character specific.
I think you can crawl, in the trailer you see Snake , Wario and I not sure but I think Pikachu is crawling, (in the Mario Kart stage). So i'm thinking that crawling may be a new move or something to all characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
~All that stuff you said about Zamus being able to crawl~
Good find! No, I don't think anyone else noticed that. Looks like a legitamit crawl to me! I think we can put Zamus up on the "Can Crawl" list now.

I think you can crawl, in the trailer you see Snake , Wario and I not sure but I think Pikachu is crawling, (in the Mario Kart stage). So i'm thinking that crawling may be a new move or something to all characters.
Yes, crawling is a move. We've all seen it and know it's going to be involved in gameplay. The point he was trying to make is whether or not Zamus can. So far we only know that Pikachu, Snake (duh), probably Zamus now, and Wario (if you can consider that backwards bear walk a crawl). I figure Mario should get a crawling animation because he could in a lot of his 3D games; Young Link should because he could in OoT and WW; then you'd have to figure that at least all the human-esque characters should have the ability to crawl like Pit or Zelda; and also, some of the more "unproportionate" characters may not, like Kirby, Meta Knight, and Bowser (which a crawl wouldn't matter anyway because he's gargantuan). Maybe come characters will have more interesting crawls, like Samus curling up into a ball and rolling around, possibly bombing people while she did.

But at this point, it's still up for speculation. I guess we'll just have to wait for the update on this one.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well, crawling is also one of those things that may get changed or even removed. Fox's blaster was supposed to be out all the time, but upon his addition to the dojo, we've have evidence to the contrary. Just throwing my two cents in.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I still se it as one of those things that could either find a tiny niche in the metagame, or be forgotten completely. Or and interesting new way to tea-bag as a taunt.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Very true, but Fox's blaster being out was a small aspect of one character's mechanics, while crawling affects some/most/all characters equally. Not saying it couldn't be removed, I'm just saying it's unlikely because it's basically one of the more intriguing gameplay mechanics and people will notice it's gone. Fox's blaster being out may still be under some peoples' radar, while I'm sure that everyone noticed Snake crawling. Cutting it now would be foolish unless it totally ruined the game by making it an annoying addition or an imbalanced action.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I could imagine dashing in to edgeguard and ,oops! I accidentally rolled into a crawl, off the stage!

The ultimate source of Johns
The Crawl
THE SAME THING?

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
hmmm i wonder how fox blaster will work now that you can run and shoot can any one say cheap ko lolz. Jigglypuff is actually good (very random).

I think i need to stop playingn SSBM for a while i think my kills are getting worse oh well i can still ko a lv nine and not lose a life so i cant be getting that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom